Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

8 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Quinn and Morris getting jobs with Mike Vrable out there is mind boggling to me. 

very uninspired hires by the Falcons and Commanders. 

I mean... at least with Bill Belichick I get it. he's coming off a disasterous post-brady stint in NE demanding total control over a franchise when his total control decisions just ran the Patriots organization into the ground. 

but Mike Vrable? no excuses for that one. 

I'd have been surprised if Vrabel was ever a serious candidate with Washington. 

Guy has had power struggles with his last two GMs and appears to have been dead set against a rebuild (which Washington is still kind of in). One of those GMs was Ran Carthon who Adam Peters just spent like the past 6 years working with. 

Something tells me that Peters doesn't want to start of his tenure with that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Quinn gets recycled? That seems like a mistake to me...

I think he's a holdover until next year when they can try to court their preferred HC candidate again. Seems this year they missed out on both the guys they wanted for a long-term coach.

10 minutes ago, Geek said:

I think he's a holdover until next year when they can try to court their preferred HC candidate again. Seems this year they missed out on both the guys they wanted for a long-term coach.

It's possible, but that kind of turnover usually turns quality candidates off... unless they knock their pick out of the park with their QB selection.

I'm so starved for football i'm actually watching the pro bowl for the first time in years lol

Gona suck going 7 months without any NFL Football...don't care for CFB, CFL or the upcoming UFL

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm so starved for football i'm actually watching the pro bowl for the first time in years lol

Gona suck going 7 months without any NFL Football...don't care for CFB, CFL or the upcoming UFL

And then we have to wait until late April for the draft 😭

So the MVP of the NFL couldn't beat Patrick Mahomes to go to the superbowl when his defense held the Chiefs to 17 points. 

Give me a ******* break.

If the Chiefs score only 17 points on Sunday 49ers are superbowl champs

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

So the MVP of the NFL couldn't beat Patrick Mahomes to go to the superbowl when his defense held the Chiefs to 17 points. 

Give me a ******* break.

If the Chiefs score only 17 points on Sunday 49ers are superbowl champs

League MVP? Child please; all we care about is the MVPurdy!!

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 12:42 PM, Forge said:

My disdain for Mac 'n' Cheese is no secret.

That being said, in a back-up role I wouldn't be mad at all.

I really think Darnold comes back for one more year though.

That performance against the Lambs wasn't enough to sway any GM or HC imo.

He may want a chance to actually get on the field somewhere else, which I totally get.

But I think having some continuity in Shanny's system could be better for his development in the long run.