Jalen Hurts extended, 5yr $255m/$~180m

Kiltman

Excuse my Neanderthal understanding of the cap. Sportrac has not updated yet to show the specific breakdowns by year. But if those numbers are true it only represents at max 70M of the 180M guaranteed in his contract. The AAV is being reported at 51M:
Jalen Hurts contract breakdown: How AAV, guaranteed money compare to Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes & other highest-paid QBs | Sporting News

Does that mean in 27 and 28 you'll still owe him 100M+ in guaranteed money with an NTC? 

Still don't understand it all but in Howie I trust! 🍺

You should post those numbers in the Gen Thread for those questioning his void able years and its effect contractually 'keeping this team together ' ala Mahomes for potential SB runs or thus contract killing the Eagles chances.

The masses believe the latter.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Thing with the Jones contract though is most of the guaranteed money is in the first two years. They can get out of the contract in year 3 at a net salary cap savings. I'm still seeing close to 100M in guaranteed money not accounted for in the Hurts contract. Either the numbers are being misreported or there is some insane cap wizardry going on with the contract. Be interesting once the true numbers hit to see the breakdowns.