2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

36 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean, I'd argue Jamin Davis has been just as productive or more than Chase Young at this point. 

Production-wise, Jamin has easily been a better pick than Chase. That is not currently a high marker to achieve though. Just being healthy gives him a significant boost. I will say that neither have panned out to be what they were drafted to be. 

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Again, average but on the field is probably superior to Chase Young at this point.  Was Chase Young a bad pick? 

If you want to say he is now based on what’s happened post rookie season, go for it. Davis has done nothing even remotely close to what we’ve seen Young do. So sure, if you want to say they’ve been both been bad picks be my guest but Davis has basically been average to bad the whole time. Chase wasn’t. 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He’s been on the field. He has done nothing close to what Chase did his rookie year. Jamin has been average at best and this just adds to it. Just a bad pick. 

To be fair... this isn't really true. Chase Young‘s rookie year was "good but not great". If you are looking at their careers side by side, you have to admit that Davis has had the better career so far. 

What is not really debatable is that Chase Young has the higher ceiling. Jamin Davis could not handle being a MLB, which is what he was drafted to be. He could turn into a fine OLB still, but his ceiling is limited. If Chase can "figure it out" this year, he could have a really great season, turning his doubters into believers again.

Hopefully both of them turn it up this year and the defense is top tier. It would go a long way to helping the offense if they consistently got the job done. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

To be fair... this isn't really true. Chase Young‘s rookie year was "good but not great". If you are looking at their careers side by side, you have to admit that Davis has had the better career so far. 

What is not really debatable is that Chase Young has the higher ceiling. Jamin Davis could not handle being a MLB, which is what he was drafted to be. He could turn into a fine OLB still, but his ceiling is limited. If Chase can "figure it out" this year, he could have a really great season, turning his doubters into believers again.

Hopefully both of them turn it up this year and the defense is top tier. It would go a long way to helping the offense if they consistently got the job done. 

I mean, I just disagree and you know you and I will never agree on anything related to Chase Young lol

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, I just disagree and you know you and I will never agree on anything related to Chase Young lol

It's all good bro. This is the year for you to be proven correct. The sense of hope is back. I can expend a little more optimism for Chase to be what he was drafted to be. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

It's all good bro. This is the year for you to be proven correct. The sense of hope is back. I can expend a little more optimism for Chase to be what he was drafted to be. 

Yeah, I don’t mean it in a bad way. Just we see things differently and that’s okay I think. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That's fine, I just kind of find it weird to crap on Jamin Davis so much but also defend Chase Young to death. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That's fine, I just kind of find it weird to crap on Jamin Davis so much but also defend Chase Young to death. 

In my opinion, one has shown us he has the ability to be great and the other never has. That’s where I stand on this and I know you don’t agree. Jamin has never shown at any point in time he was worth that first round pick. Chase at least did his rookie year. Either way, both need to step up this year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Man, This Jamin thing gets worse. It's his second recent infraction. the other was reduced to 19 mph over the limit in Dec 2021 AND he was reportedly following DeShazor when he had his accident killing his girlfriend . 

One things for sure, Jamin Davis is making Ron Rivera's "player type" look really bad. He spoke of a "disciplined young man" and his "military upbringing" when he drafted him. This type of thing definitely makes the pick look way worse. 

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah but he’s not going to be on the field often, he may not even be on the 53 man roster but instead of the practice squad.

Yeap I agree it will he hard. We alrady have enough DE's. Maybe a practice squad.  We drafted Henry also. Now this makes me wonder why did draft him in the first place. Maybe the thinking that Sweat and Young will not be back next yr.  But Jones does flash some talent and I see some versatility. He shows some coverage skill and he seem to give the versatility to go from 5 man front to a 4 or 3 man front. One have to ponder how he will hold up vs the RG.  

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

What is wrong with these athletes, and people in general, that feel the need to drive that fast. Going almost 70 mph over the speed limit is an act that undoubtedly could end in life ending injuries for themselves and/or others. Just drive the freaking speed limit or better yet, be the "rich" athlete you are and pay someone to drive responsibly for you if you can't do it yourself. 

Well looks like we need to sign some FA's (LB"S). 

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

One things for sure, Jamin Davis is making Ron Rivera's "player type" look really bad. He spoke of a "disciplined young man" and his "military upbringing" when he drafted him. This type of thing definitely makes the pick look way worse. 

Bram was in Keim’s podcast last week and they were talking about Davis running with the two’s and they were surprised by it. Hudson was starting ahead of him with Barton. They said it was probably nothing but it was still a bit eye opening. Maybe this has to do with that.