TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

So my transplant meds give me a 65x higher likelihood of developing skin cancer so all the hats that have the mesh back (the cheap fabric and holes) are now unusable to me. Which is nice because that style is in right now so most of the bears hats I would want aren’t available to me. And also like all the hats I own have the mesh back lol

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

So my transplant meds give me a 65x higher likelihood of developing skin cancer so all the hats that have the mesh back (the cheap fabric and holes) are now unusable to me. Which is nice because that style is in right now so most of the bears hats I would want aren’t available to me. And also like all the hats I own have the mesh back lol

Get the big floppy hat.   Wife got me a Dorfman Pacific hat a couple years ago and it's awesome,  don't have to sunscreen my face, keeps my neck cool.  I was on a project with a bunch of WI dudes and they thought it was dorky as hell at first, called me "Indy" all day but at the end of the project a bunch of guys were wearing em. Sunscreen is legit dangerous in what I do (greasy, slippery) so keeping from getting cooked all day is worth trying to figure out where to store a big hat.

• Like 1

So my kids got to play games today vs schools that have an 8th grade class that's the same as our entire Jr High. We...got...smoked. Like 44 to 20, and they ran out the clock with their back ups the last 6 or so minutes. They got two long TDs in the first half and we got one but they just were so much bigger that our OL and DL  couldn't keep up the whole game. We had a few kids that could have started for them and a fair number of our starters for heavyweights may have had to play lightweights for then to get time. They were good and had a few kids I can definitely see playing D1 or D2 someday. Team was coached about as well as I've ever seen a youth team, even in Louisville.

That being said my boy got compliments from the opposing coaches and my girl had a solid game for the lightweight team. Their coach jokingly asked if we had been looking to reloacte. Then my girl was chatting up with a bunch of the guys from the other team after the game, they were shocked to find out she was a girl and played that tough. So she's grounded for 6-7 months.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So it's 8th Graders Night for the football team (make up game) so the back up QB is in for my son and only 8th graders have been in. So like 1/2 our best players are sitting right now.

We're down 35-0 at halftime.

I get wanting them to start but you've got TEs on the OL and a WR at QB. Kid has throw 2 INTs and botched a handful. DL is way to small and getting the **** beat out of them.

Way to commemorate their last home game, right? Fml.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

So it's 8th Graders Night for the football team (make up game) so the back up QB is in for my son and only 8th graders have been in. So like 1/2 our best players are sitting right now.

I get wanting them to start but you've got TEs on the OL and a WR at QB. Kid has throw 2 INTs and botched a handful. DL is way to small and getting the **** beat out of them.

That’s sucks for them all. Down here in our district each school has enough players on the 8th grade team to make an A and B team. The 7th grade is the same way, it kind of crazy actually. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

bro just turn the bears game film off

• Like 2

13 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

That’s sucks for them all. Down here in our district each school has enough players on the 8th grade team to make an A and B team. The 7th grade is the same way, it kind of crazy actually. 

Yeah, I thought they would start the first drive and then just rotate heavily. Granted it was only the second loss of the season but wow. Just a horrible way to end the regular season. Hopefully it doesn't mess with the kids for the playoff game Saturday.

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

bro just turn the bears game film off

Nah, see above. Only the second loss of the season... and theres been way more than 2 games. lol 

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Kind of weird to call Justin Fields his son, right?

Which is the weird part? That I'm only like 11-12 years older than him? Ever seen That's My Boy? 

Its nothing like that. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

My daughter has a birthday party Sunday that directly coincides with the time of the bears game. If we were good, she would most certainly be “sick” but I think I can sacrifice a quarter. 

Bears are hopefully sacrificing the entire season so 1 quarter isn't too much to ask. 

• Like 1