TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

44 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

you know who played really well in the preseason? Trevis Gipson

you know who was invisible in the preseason season? Rasheem Green

_________________________________________________________________________________

you know who has half as many sacks as our entire team while playing a limited role on his new team? Trevis Gipson

you know who has still been invisible in the regular season? Rasheem Green

Gipson didn't fit the HITS principle, duh

• 2 weeks later...

I've been jogging every 2-3 days to get in better shape and just preventive healthcare (family heart issues are common), but my knees and calves are always sore the next day. I jogged two straight days and my calves are definitely feeling it. But I just sat here and thought about jogging again today knowing I would have really bad calf cramps tomorrow - just as an excuse to eat bacon, because bacon has more potassium than bananas per gram. 

On a scale of 0-10 how does that rank on the Fat *** at Heart Scale? 

15 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I've been jogging every 2-3 days to get in better shape and just preventive healthcare (family heart issues are common), but my knees and calves are always sore the next day. I jogged two straight days and my calves are definitely feeling it. But I just sat here and thought about jogging again today knowing I would have really bad calf cramps tomorrow - just as an excuse to eat bacon, because bacon has more potassium than bananas per gram. 

Add fries to that and your cramps will be none existent. Now, you may need a cardiac ablation but ehh. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I just watched The Whale, so I’d say ~4

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

This may be even more horrible than jogging, but have a banana and gatorade before you go.  The second I turned 28 my calves turned into brittle rubber bands that want to get tight if you even think about standing up, and that helped a ton.  I've also had the grim realization that every year I get older I need to add a couple minutes stretching in the AM or else I'm absolutely useless at work or fun. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Kiwi's instead of bananas, and if you need quick relief from cramping pickle juice or mustard and it doesn't take much to help. Other than that you probably need to up your water intake, and like BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said stretching and warming up properly is key. I'm mid 40's and run about 30 miles a week, lift 3-4 times a week and play basketball for four hour a week.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

This may be even more horrible than jogging, but have a banana and gatorade before you go.  The second I turned 28 my calves turned into brittle rubber bands that want to get tight if you even think about standing up, and that helped a ton.  I've also had the grim realization that every year I get older I need to add a couple minutes stretching in the AM or else I'm absolutely useless at work or fun. 

52 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Kiwi's instead of bananas, and if you need quick relief from cramping pickle juice or mustard and it doesn't take much to help. Other than that you probably need to up your water intake, and like BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said stretching and warming up properly is key. I'm mid 40's and run about 30 miles a week, lift 3-4 times a week and play basketball for four hour a week.

Appreciate the advice guys. 

Started drinking a little Gatorade in the am and I usually have some pickle juice at night. Something I've done when I was doing construction, I think it was Dallas Clark that had a pickle drink and that was what let me know about how many electrolytes are in it. Didn't know about mustard though, that should be easy to mix in. 

Water intake is good, I just really overdid it. ME Squat day Tuesday, decided to jump my walk/jog (walk the first mile as a warm up, then jog back) of 2 miles to a straight 4 miles jog on Wednesday, then repeated the run yesterday. It was kind of stupid to do it considering I normally jog like 3 miles per week total. Just a lot more volume in them then they're use to. Being about 265lbs I'm not the lightest to lug around either. lol 

Definitely need to invest in some good running shoes and work on my form though. I think that would help the knees a lot. Felt almost uncoordinated and clunky after a little while and think I might have been overstriding. IDK. Going to be a work in progress. Most of my running has been running routes for my son and this year my daughter was running with me, so I think I probably did quite a few less reps of that too. 

• Like 2

Kiwi's eh? We actually grow those here, but they're the tiny little non-fuzzy cold weather Kiwis and a huge pain to peel.  Will have to try that too.  

And pickle juice? Had zero idea that was a good for you thing,  I usually get made fun of for taking a shot off of the house pickles.  If you ever need an awesome pickle for nachos,  I would share our honey jalapeno rings, absolutely great with fatty foods or cheeses. 

Enjoying the hungry talk on the forum this week.

27 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

its the vinegar in the pickle juice that helps you retain liquids and stay hydrated

Seriously?  Big fan of sour flavors, we even make our vinegar, but hadn't heard that.  Must explain my peak physical condition. 

There's a new england "tradition" called fiery cider, it's like a crock full of ginger, garlic, peppers and other stuff in vinegar, and it's supposed to be a medicinal drink you take a shot of. I actually like it but I'm 50/50 that it was all a con job concocted by some sourpuss New England grandpas where they made it,then made every one try it, every one else learned to avoid it like the plague, and then they just filled the crock with whisky and had an excuse to go out and take a shot every morning.

Took my older two to my Alma mater to watch their homecoming game. The current HC was my special teams coach and I got to talk to him with the kids for a bit after the game. It's cool he recognized me after several years.   Kids loved the facility and I got a ton of cred for knowing the HC.

Coach took pictures with them and told them to be a go getter like me. Thankfully he didn't go on that I was often going and getting his whiteboard, a drink for him, the trainer, etc. Lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Took my older two to my Alma mater to watch their homecoming game. The current HC was my special teams coach and I got to talk to him with the kids for a bit after the game. It's cool he recognized me after several years.   Kids loved the facility and I got a ton of cred for knowing the HC.

Coach took pictures with them and told them to be a go getter like me. Thankfully he didn't go on that I was often going and getting his whiteboard, a drink for him, the trainer, etc. Lol

Did you play end, guard and tackle? Sit at the end of the bench, guard the gatorade jug and tackle anyone who would try to steal it?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Did you play end, guard and tackle? Sit at the end of the bench, guard the gatorade jug and tackle anyone who would try to steal it?

I was to him what Nagy is to Reid, just better looking and WAY underpaid.