TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

You must really like his meat to risk your life like that 

If he ever finds this forum (unlikely) he's going to shoot you too, on the off chance you meant that in the way that I suspect you did and not in the wholesome meat loving way. Generally when people up there know you're friends with him they kind of go "hoooooo boy" and tell you some insane thing he did.  He actually did shoot a car he had just sold to someone after the fact as he got upset about the price later.  I always bring some beer on top of cash to avoid the same fate. 

2 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

If he ever finds this forum (unlikely) he's going to shoot you too, on the off chance you meant that in the way that I suspect you did and not in the wholesome meat loving way. Generally when people up there know you're friends with him they kind of go "hoooooo boy" and tell you some insane thing he did.  He actually did shoot a car he had just sold to someone after the fact as he got upset about the price later.  I always bring some beer on top of cash to avoid the same fate. 

Yeah I think I'll stick to getting my meat from Costco...

2 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

There's a happy medium! You're in Chicago too right?  Ellengees is freaking amazing and they'll cut what you want once you get to know them.   They would probably shoot _at_ you if you wanted part of the experience. Costco meat is surprisngly good and the value can't be beat though. I just hate the checkouts so much that I don't go there.

4 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

There's a happy medium! You're in Chicago too right?  Ellengees is freaking amazing and they'll cut what you want once you get to know them.   They would probably shoot _at_ you if you wanted part of the experience. Costco meat is surprisngly good and the value can't be beat though. I just hate the checkouts so much that I don't go there.

I was several years ago, but I'm out west in Elgin now.  

I do love Costco meat, but I actually don't even go there anymore.  I now go to Sams Club which I find nearly identical to Costco in every way.  But Sams has an app where you can scan items as you go, pay, and never have to wait in the checkout line.  I love walking past checkout lines like 20 people deep and practically walk right out the store except for the 79 year old who has to scan a random number of my items.

But yes, the best steaks I've ever made came from Costco/Sams.

50 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Well it’s a good thing I didn’t just doxx myself and tell everyone where I work 

• Like 1

As I’ve probably insinuated a lot on here, I’m obsessive about the draft and meticulous about every detail to make sure nothing goes awry in my set up for it. Lo and behold my baby mama can’t keep the kids during her custody entirely (habitual) so I’m getting them right before it but they’re getting the Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets treatment. That’s right. In their room, making no noise and pretending they don’t exist, but while playing Minecraft with the door closed 

5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

As I’ve probably insinuated a lot on here, I’m obsessive about the draft and meticulous about every detail to make sure nothing goes awry in my set up for it. Lo and behold my baby mama can’t keep the kids during her custody entirely (habitual) so I’m getting them right before it but they’re getting the Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets treatment. That’s right. In their room, making no noise and pretending they don’t exist, but while playing Minecraft with the door closed 

See you tomorrow.  Neighbor is busy, wife just wants to know when they'll be good.  I'll be watching online and on here.  Speaking of which... if you were cheap *** and didn't have cable what's the best way to watch the draft? 

Guess it's beers or opening wine solo, so not quite the dramatic pairing of picks to drink I was thinking.  

4 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

See you tomorrow.  Neighbor is busy, wife just wants to know when they'll be good.  I'll be watching online and on here.  Speaking of which... if you were cheap *** and didn't have cable what's the best way to watch the draft? 

Guess it's beers or opening wine solo, so not quite the dramatic pairing of picks to drink I was thinking.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Or any of the other streaming services. Streameast is an illegal stream site that usually has something like this. Then there are a number of YouTubers that will be discussing it live, like chat sports, CHGO, Bengal, etc. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Normally by 8 my son is in bed and my wife is feeding/putting our daughter to sleep.  Then my wife goes to bed not soon after our daughter.  So from like 9pm onward I’ve essentially got the house to myself.  I just know some sort of chaos is going to take place tomorrow to ruin it.  I’m expecting it.  Gotta plan contingencies.

Im thinking maybe just record it, turn off espn phone notifications, and stay away from here until I’m caught up.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Normally by 8 my son is in bed and my wife is feeding/putting our daughter to sleep.  Then my wife goes to bed not soon after our daughter.  So from like 9pm onward I’ve essentially got the house to myself.  I just know some sort of chaos is going to take place tomorrow to ruin it.  I’m expecting it.  Gotta plan contingencies.

Im thinking maybe just record it, turn off espn phone notifications, and stay away from here until I’m caught up.  

You’ll have to turn your entire phone off. Don’t want to chance a friend spoiling the bears picking Caleb Williams 

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

You’ll have to turn your entire phone off. Don’t want to chance a friend spoiling the bears picking Caleb Williams 

Idk the Facebook page “BEARS FANS TRADE NFL RUMORS” said their sources say the Bears are still considering JJ McCarthy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Idk the Facebook page “BEARS FANS TRADE NFL RUMORS” said their sources say the Bears are still considering JJ McCarthy.

Thank god we didn’t hire Harbaugh 

• Like 1

It’s kinda hilarious how manic I am about figuring out my finances and making sure everything is going okay because I’m the most financially responsible person I know. My net after bills and expenses is still well in the green but I’m still looking at the outgoing and seeing what I can cut out lol 

14 hours ago, CBears019 said:

This is the dad move for sure. I got a Traeger a few months back and it has an app that tracks grill temp and an integrated meat thermometer, so I can literally grill them from my couch too.