TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

You’ll have to turn your entire phone off. Don’t want to chance a friend spoiling the bears picking Caleb Williams 

Lol.

I’ll be watching live, but our go to move is once the Bears are on the clock on my tv myself and my boys put our phones down on the couch face down until the pick is announced.  

20 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Lol.

I’ll be watching live, but our go to move is once the Bears are on the clock on my tv myself and my boys put our phones down on the couch face down until the pick is announced.  

Yep.  When the team before us is listed as “the pick is in” i go dark.  It’s the only way.  There’s always that one who spoils it on Twitter.  Or here.  Or that app you never use and have forgotten about that suddenly sends you a notification.  

22 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

This is the dad move for sure. I got a Traeger a few months back and it has an app that tracks grill temp and an integrated meat thermometer, so I can literally grill them from my couch too. 

I’ve heard Traegers are awesome.  One day.  I also want a Blackstone one day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Yep.  When the team before us is listed as “the pick is in” i go dark.  It’s the only way.  There’s always that one who spoils it on Twitter.  Or here.  Or that app you never use and have forgotten about that suddenly sends you a notification.  

Han Solo’s death was spoiled for me by a Powerade ad on Facebook. Cant trust anyone. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I’ve heard Traegers are awesome.  One day.  I also want a Blackstone one day.

I love it. Got a Blackstone last year and love that too. I think Mrs. AZ likes when I cook lol. 

42 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Han Solo’s death was spoiled for me by a Powerade ad on Facebook. Cant trust anyone. 

FB sucks. There’s an AI-generated fake FB page of my mom with an altered photo of her as the avatar (not what you’re thinking - one of her normal pictures with a flower put in her hair). Been trying to get it taken down for a few weeks now.

Between that crap and the Bears seemingly getting their long awaited franchise QB, clearly the end is nigh. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 9:07 AM, AZBearsFan said:

FB sucks. There’s an AI-generated fake FB page of my mom with an altered photo of her as the avatar (not what you’re thinking - one of her normal pictures with a flower put in her hair). Been trying to get it taken down for a few weeks now.

Between that crap and the Bears seemingly getting their long awaited franchise QB, clearly the end is nigh. 

FB is really bad. A friend of mine had his account hijacked entirely, lost all access to it. Now that account is trying to scam people by selling (fake) Taylor Swift tickets. Myself and many of this person's friends reported it to FB and they came back with "this doesn't break our rules" and invited us to appeal. So we did. Then they came back and said, actually, they aren't doing appeals right now but we could appeal to their Appeals Board. So we did. And the Appeals Board came back and said "we aren't going to review this further".

I barely use the site anymore. It's nice for keeping up with a few people, but that's about it. Their parent company, Meta, is building/just finished building a huge facility out here in Dekalb. It's like four or five buildings, possibly a big data center.

Another company, Kraft/Heinz is also building a huge facility out here, only construction on that one is paused as after they built two of the three buildings and had the rebar/metalwork done on the third building, they realized that one of the buildings had started sinking into the ground. Oops. Some engineer is losing their job over that one.

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

FB is really bad. A friend of mine had his account hijacked entirely, lost all access to it. Now that account is trying to scam people by selling (fake) Taylor Swift tickets. Myself and many of this person's friends reported it to FB and they came back with "this doesn't break our rules" and invited us to appeal. So we did. Then they came back and said, actually, they aren't doing appeals right now but we could appeal to their Appeals Board. So we did. And the Appeals Board came back and said "we aren't going to review this further".

I barely use the site anymore. It's nice for keeping up with a few people, but that's about it. Their parent company, Meta, is building/just finished building a huge facility out here in Dekalb. It's like four or five buildings, possibly a big data center.

Another company, Kraft/Heinz is also building a huge facility out here, only construction on that one is paused as after they built two of the three buildings and had the rebar/metalwork done on the third building, they realized that one of the buildings had started sinking into the ground. Oops. Some engineer is losing their job over that one.

It is terrifying how that companies absolute incompetence at data security and general function is matched only by how ubiquitous they are online.  Worse than the credit reporting agencies somehow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

It is terrifying how that companies absolute incompetence at data security and general function is matched only by how ubiquitous they are online.  Worse than the credit reporting agencies somehow. 

It is easier to destroy than build.  

The near main industry of entire countries has become running scams on Americans.  

I am serious in saying if I was President I would respond militarily if the countries didn’t take action.  

I am sick of old ladies and men getting their bank accounts emptied.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It is easier to destroy than build.  

The near main industry of entire countries has become running scams on Americans.  

I am serious in saying if I was President I would respond militarily if the countries didn’t take action.  

I am sick of old ladies and men getting their bank accounts emptied.  

Considering the debt the country accrues daily it's almost just the American way.   /s

I left work with all kinds of problems that hit my desk at 5:30 p.m. on Friday and I couldn't solve them because everyone had left for the day.

(Seems to be par for course in my business).

Had a client call me all upset about one of them.  Told him these things work out like 99% of time.  Just sucks he had to stress about it all weekend.

His issue is already dealt with.

• Like 1

First baseball game of summer league. My son threw out 4 runners (classmate who runs track with him too). His buddies called him 'Mini Mo' so I just ordered some jumpman decals for his gear off etsy. He's gonna freak out when he sees this little project done.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I can see it with the new rules for a throw across type play, or at least to create the potential for one and some conflict for the coverage team. You'd have to respect his ability to actually run the kick back himself more than a typical backup QB out there. Can’t imagine they’d want him taking KO return hits though.

Respect the outside-the-box thinking though for sure. 

I am terrified of the days where my kids get cell phones.  Seeing the things kids/teens get into and get exposed to from just their phones is jaw-dropping.  If you have kids with cell phones monitor the living hell out of them.  Be the authoritarian, "big brother," police surveillance state type parents, you'll thank yourself later.

Currently working a case where a 14 year-old met a 20-something-year-old over Snapchat.  Started out pretty innocent - he was just her dealer of weed, shrooms, and Molly.  Then she agrees to meet up with him and sex with him in his car.  Her parents are absolutely clueless.