TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

LOL nice.

I’m going to work all day.  My wife will have made some dinner for me.  It will be in fridge on a plate to be heated up.  

I will eat whatever that is and go watch it and probably fall asleep.  

I'm taking the day off work.  Don't want any chance to be stuck late and miss the draft.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

I'm taking the day off work.  Don't want any chance to be stuck late and miss the draft.

I pulled my manager aside and asked them to keep my schedule exactly the same as it’s been the last four months and they were just like wtf

i just can’t chance them flipping me to a closing shift on draft Christmas 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I pulled my manager aside and asked them to keep my schedule exactly the same as it’s been the last four months and they were just like wtf

i just can’t chance them flipping me to a closing shift on draft Christmas 

Non-football/draft people just simply don't get it.  It's like the best holiday of the year that I want to make a feast for and spend alone.  Once I'm sitting down and I hear the ESPN "The pick is in" jingle, I will be in my happy place.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Non-football/draft people just simply don't get it.  It's like the best holiday of the year that I want to make a feast for and spend alone.  Once I'm sitting down and I hear the ESPN "The pick is in" jingle, I will be in my happy place.

That feeling has not faded away since my first ever draft in 2006. 

I invited people over for it and then reneged it because the thought of spending it with other people, even bears fans, sounds like a drag compared to lone wolfing it. There’s only one possible event that could ever compare to that feel 

• Like 1

Actual convo I had at work: “oh I’m the biggest bears fan, dude” (my coworker) “how so?” “Yeah, I even watched a whole draft once”. “You don’t say”. I pretty much wanted to gage how deep he was into it to see how much I’d enjoy talking to him about stuff. Being a bears fan in this area just means explaining a lot of things to everyone all the time, and being okay with most in person discussions being vapid or just the surface. For instance, had to explain that Virginia McCaskey has **** all to do with the bears’ recent dysfunction (these customers were fun tho, the guy in their group that they claimed was their bears guru I just stood there and corrected him on every take he had lmao), had to explain to a Seahawks fan who Shane Waldron is, had to explain to a JF fan why fields wasn’t the guy, and then the next week when he was traded, had to listen to that guy talk about how he was always critical of him. No, you weren’t. 

I think I'll be watchdog with my neighbor.  If the idea to do cocktails themed to picks hasn't yet occurred to him, it will. 

Thinking champagne drink like a French 75 for Caleb.  High proof bourbon drink for OL.   If George himself prances up there, announces he took over the gm job, then says they're taking Mccarthy as he loves the way he takes notes, then it's bleach on the rocks.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I think I'll be watchdog with my neighbor.  If the idea to do cocktails themed to picks hasn't yet occurred to him, it will. 

Thinking champagne drink like a French 75 for Caleb.  High proof bourbon drink for OL.   If George himself prances up there, announces he took over the gm job, then says they're taking Mccarthy as he loves the way he takes notes, then it's bleach on the rocks.  

Champagne and bourbon seems an odd mix.  But I don’t care much for either.  

57 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Champagne and bourbon seems an odd mix.  But I don’t care much for either.  

Uh, haven't tried that mix. But one of my favorite cocktails is a French 75 where it's gin/lemon/sugar mixed in with champagne.  Can also do a Nippon 75 where it's yuzu instead of lemon. Can also use that purple Empress gin and float the gin/simple mix on top to get a layered cocktail to serve. Bourbon would be seperate, and hopefully picks 2-8 take their time!   Just trying to do some fun matching of cocktails to player types. Could do foods too. Like Caleb would be Lobster tail stuffed with caviar served on a gold plate or something equally silly. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CBears019 said:

This whole week had me thinking that it's been one day later than it actually is.  Today I thought was Wednesday, yesterday was Tuesday, etc.  This draft obsession is so unhealthy in so many ways.

it is wednesday today tho

On 4/23/2024 at 6:39 AM, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Idk much about alcohol but the only way through the draft should be a gallon of Malort, no?