TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

12 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I liked how dumb he is.  Like he’s really good at his job but that’s it.  He’s totally helpless in any Other facet of life.  And i loved how the other three would constantly roast him for being dumb.  They were a fun show and always entertaining to me for the most part.

Goff has done some appearances recently, but idk if he’d come back full time.  He didn’t have a clean departure a while back.  Hopefully the Danny Mac experiment is done for good.

Maybe anthony Herron?  I’ve heard Jarret Payton’s name thrown around.  Who knows.   I don’t care too much.  As long as spiegel, tanny, and Shane stick together it should be a good show.

Big fan of Big Ant. Plus he’s an Iowa guy so you’d have that going for you lol. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Sun Times is reporting Goff is the leading candidate.  We shall see.

I really do hope it is Goff. I think he would blend well with that group. I hated the fact that they let him go in the first place and haven't really cared for most of the newer personalities that they had brought in since.

On 8/20/2024 at 11:22 AM, CBears019 said:

anyone know when Danny’s first FS1 show will be?

Just announced by FS1 - he airs next Monday (8/26) from 8:00-10:00 (eastern time I’m assuming) and he’ll be paired with Schlereth and Carton.

47 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Just announced by FS1 - he airs next Monday (8/26) from 8:00-10:00 (eastern time I’m assuming) and he’ll be paired with Schlereth and Carton.

Not sure how long it will last.  No one even has cable or sat anymore.  Most only watch these shows on YouTube.

CHGO and DNVR and the like have the right business model.   Build a modest recording studio that can be reused for multiple shows in major markets and hire talent - put it on Apple Podcast and YouTube and get sponsors and ad reads to supplement or be primary income.   'Superchats' help, but they disrupt the show and are annoying.  I think eventually they will go away.  But I don't know. 

Google/Youtube just prints money.  It is insane.  Bigger than all streaming services combined.  

Radio and Cable channels are mostly dead unless something changes.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Not sure how long it will last.  No one even has cable or sat anymore.  Most only watch these shows on YouTube.

CHGO and DNVR and the like have the right business model.   Build a modest recording studio that can be reused for multiple shows in major markets and hire talent - put it on Apple Podcast and YouTube and get sponsors and ad reads to supplement or be primary income.   'Superchats' help, but they disrupt the show and are annoying.  I think eventually they will go away.  But I don't know. 

Google/Youtube just prints money.  It is insane.  Bigger than all streaming services combined.  

Radio and Cable channels are mostly dead unless something changes.  

DNVR was the first allcity and they have a bar in Denver (named DNVR) and they record everything in the upstairs of that

i tried listening to the CHGO pods, and I liked that they dropped pretty much every day, but the superchats and ads got really annoying. also they always seemed to just have meatball takes and got old fast

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

DNVR was the first allcity and they have a bar in Denver (named DNVR) and they record everything in the upstairs of that

i tried listening to the CHGO pods, and I liked that they dropped pretty much every day, but the superchats and ads got really annoying. also they always seemed to just have meatball takes and got old fast

Agreed.  You have to keep overhead down to make enough money to make a profit.

I am surprised CHGO has so many hosts.   I would never have more than two on at a time.  I don't know what the point of having 4 people on stage is or on a podcast is.

30 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Agreed.  You have to keep overhead down to make enough money to make a profit.

I am surprised CHGO has so many hosts.   I would never have more than two on at a time.  I don't know what the point of having 4 people on stage is or on a podcast is.

4 people can work if they have good chemistry together but relies a lot on the format of the show, too. I haven't seen this show so I can't say whether it works for them or not. But it's worked well for Inside the NBA on TNT with Kenny, Ernie, Shaq, and Chuck.

12 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

4 people can work if they have good chemistry together but relies a lot on the format of the show, too. I haven't seen this show so I can't say whether it works for them or not. But it's worked well for Inside the NBA on TNT with Kenny, Ernie, Shaq, and Chuck.

My point is it likely costs too much to pay 4 people for one show if you are trying to live off Youtube Ad and some sponsor revenue.

You have to have big viewing numbers for that to work.

You can have 4, but I would split them so they were doing more shows.  4 at once is not cost effective.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

My point is it likely costs too much to pay 4 people for one show if you are trying to live off Youtube Ad and some sponsor revenue.

You have to have big viewing numbers for that to work.

You can have 4, but I would split them so they were doing more shows.  4 at once is not cost effective.

If I had to guess I'd say Hoge gets a salary,  brags and moreano  are probably on some kind of profit sharing. Some people really like mark Carman but I feel like he's just there to use as many words as he can to fill time.   It's not bad but I prefer Hoge and Hahns or the second city gridiron shows.  Robert Schmitz does one that breaks game tape for like three hours which is more than I have driving hours. 

• Like 1

I had an incredible moment at work today and I’m not even ashamed or upset about it. I had a good rapport w my customers today, everything was going fine and then they went to pay and they had a Green Bay debit card, so I said “oh gross, you guys are packers fans”. They tipped $0 

It was funny because I knew if I said it I would tank my tip but I did it anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I had an incredible moment at work today and I’m not even ashamed or upset about it. I had a good rapport w my customers today, everything was going fine and then they went to pay and they had a Green Bay debit card, so I said “oh gross, you guys are packers fans”. They tipped $0 

It was funny because I knew if I said it I would tank my tip but I did it anyway. 

Did that really happen? That's horse ****. This summer I had a client who, somewhat embarrassed, gave their email as something like 'no1packfan@yahoo.gov 'and I gave them a little crap but can't imagine screwing them over.  Sorry man.  If I make it to your spot and I can sneak to your table in going to leave a **** ton of pesos on the table.  

5 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Did that really happen? That's horse ****. This summer I had a client who, somewhat embarrassed, gave their email as something like 'no1packfan@yahoo.gov 'and I gave them a little crap but can't imagine screwing them over.  Sorry man.  If I make it to your spot and I can sneak to your table in going to leave a **** ton of pesos on the table.  

Idc about money my dude. I got like 80% of the business at work today and I’ve been doing it long enough that a singular 0% tip won’t sink me. I just kinda wanna know if what did it was criticizing their team, insinuating I was a NFCN team fan that hates the packers, or if they were just poor tippers.