Oakland A's moving to Vegas

RaidersAreOne

Why is everyone blaming ownership? They are hiding because the media is weirdly against them. Who's to blame here is the City of Oakland and their consistently corrupt City Council (it's bad, especially Kaplan). Along with the city getting poorer and poorer over the past 25 years. Oakland is no longer a city that can host professional sports teams. 

They have lost all three professional sports teams now and you guys are pointing fingers at ownership? What? The problem clearly falls on the city and city government. Do you know how many stadium proposals the city shot the A's down on? Dozens. Very friendly offers. A's President Dave Kaval has AGGRESSIVELY tried to stay in Oakland. Constant riguorus attempts. Oakland government doesn't care about sports anymore. 

I was hoping at least one of my teams would stay in Oakland, but at the same time, I'm glad they are all getting out. Oakland is a dying city. I just wish the A's weren't going to Vegas. Really bad town for a Baseball team IMO. Not a fan of domes or retractable roofs for Baseball. I think Vegas is perfect for Football, Basketball, Hockey, MMA, Boxing... but Baseball, eh. San Francisco is a great fit for the Warriors. Vegas is a great fit for the Raiders. But I was hoping the A's would move somewhere that's not Vegas. Oh well. Still a fan. 

Guys. Calm down. Oakland losing all it's a teams was bound to happen because of that city's atrocious government. Stop placing the blame on any of the three teams. 

- Signed Oakland A's (97), Las Vegas Raiders (98), Golden State Warriors (06) fan who use to live 3 minutes from the coliseum. Been to nearly 200 A's games at least. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

You know it's a bad sign when the owner of a sports team refuses to do interviews, and make themselves available to the public. 

Not always. Look at John Henry. Not the best owner in baseball but definitely not the worst. John Henry came out this year for the first time since we traded Mookie 

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Why is everyone blaming ownership? They are hiding because the media is weirdly against them. Who's to blame here is the City of Oakland and their consistently corrupt City Council (it's bad, especially Kaplan). Along with the city getting poorer and poorer over the past 25 years. Oakland is no longer a city that can host professional sports teams. 

They have lost all three professional sports teams now and you guys are pointing fingers at ownership? What? The problem clearly falls on the city and city government. Do you know how many stadium proposals the city shot the A's down on? Dozens. Very friendly offers. A's President Dave Kaval has AGGRESSIVELY tried to stay in Oakland. Constant riguorus attempts. Oakland government doesn't care about sports anymore. 

I was hoping at least one of my teams would stay in Oakland, but at the same time, I'm glad they are all getting out. Oakland is a dying city. I just wish the A's weren't going to Vegas. Really bad town for a Baseball team IMO. Not a fan of domes or retractable roofs for Baseball. I think Vegas is perfect for Football, Basketball, Hockey, MMA, Boxing... but Baseball, eh. San Francisco is a great fit for the Warriors. Vegas is a great fit for the Raiders. But I was hoping the A's would move somewhere that's not Vegas. Oh well. Still a fan. 

Guys. Calm down. Oakland losing all it's a teams was bound to happen because of that city's atrocious government. Stop placing the blame on any of the three teams. 

- Signed Oakland A's (97), Las Vegas Raiders (98), Golden State Warriors (06) fan who use to live 3 minutes from the coliseum. Been to nearly 200 A's games at least. 

Oakland is a dying city. But regardless of where the A's are, John Fisher clearly shouldn't get off scot-free in this situation. The A's have the bottom of the barrel payroll in the league, and he's worth over 2 billion. The bigger problem is John running the team into the ground. Will that change once the A's leave? Maybe. Pulling a whisper campaign a la Major League to get the team to move to a more high profile city is why I do point the finger. Oakland is a **** hole, but Cleveland, Baltimore, St. Louis, Detroit aren't exactly utopias either. They've kept multiple teams for decades, upon decades. The city of Oakland was supposed to meet this past week to try and hammer out something with the A's, and then the write-up in the Las Vegas paper releases at a very confidential time. A's didn't want to stay here, which ok...but the way they're packaging apathy is a cop-out. 

BTW, I saw Dave Kaval's interview that he recently decided to do on NBC. Pretty pathetic as he just kept dodging questions with cookie cutter answers on loop. Like why even do the interview then??? No one is forcing you. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Oakland is a dying city. But regardless of where the A's are, John Fisher clearly shouldn't get off scot-free in this situation. The A's have the bottom of the barrel payroll in the league, and he's worth over 2 billion. The bigger problem is John running the team into the ground. Will that change once the A's leave? Maybe. Pulling a whisper campaign a la Major League to get the team to move to a more high profile city is why I do point the finger. Oakland is a **** hole, but Cleveland, Baltimore, St. Louis, Detroit aren't exactly utopias either. They've kept multiple teams for decades, upon decades. The city of Oakland was supposed to meet this past week to try and hammer out something with the A's, and then the write-up in the Las Vegas paper releases at a very confidential time. A's didn't want to stay here, which ok...but the way they're packaging apathy is a cop-out. 

BTW, I saw Dave Kaval's interview that he recently decided to do on NBC. Pretty pathetic as he just kept dodging questions with cookie cutter answers on loop. Like why even do the interview then??? No one is forcing you. 

Why meet with the city? They always agree to something and then end up backing out last second. They have already done this to Kaval like 15 times. Enough is enough. City of Oakland’s government is the king of “stringing along” with no real intention. They strung Mark Davis and Al Davis along for years until Mark called their bluff and finally left. 

The media outrage is all manufactured and paid by the city as well. They launched huge smear campaigns against the Warrior and Raider ownership as well. They are bitter af. 

Edited by BayRaider

On 4/25/2023 at 3:14 AM, BayRaider said:

Why meet with the city? They always agree to something and then end up backing out last second. They have already done this to Kaval like 15 times. Enough is enough. City of Oakland’s government is the king of “stringing along” with no real intention. They strung Mark Davis and Al Davis along for years until Mark called their bluff and finally left. 

The media outrage is all manufactured and paid by the city as well. They launched huge smear campaigns against the Warrior and Raider ownership as well. They are bitter af. 

Because the A's agreed to it so much that they actually had a mediator that they selected to oversee the meeting with the city of Oakland. This is something they apparently wanted to do, but then at the 11th hour they cut, and run for Vegas probably in fear that something actually might finally get done lol. Yes the city of Oakland has tripped up over different leadership over the years, but this was the most aggressive Oakland agreed to be to get a resolution, which comes under a new mayor less than 6 months in. Sheng Tao took more steps in this short time frame than Libby Schaaf did in like two terms lmao. 

I bet if Lacob was allowed to buy the team which he apparently offered to do, he gets a stadium in the bay area at worst if it isn't Oakland. A's current ownership just doesn't want to stay in Oakland, let alone the bay area at all. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe