Players You Like: DE

LETSGOBROWNIES

See the DT thread if you’re confused.

Zach Harrison: He went to OSU.  And he’s a guy I’ll buy the athletics and traits and put him outside opposite Myles and let him get busy.  Not bendy nor does he have a huge pass rush repertoire, but has the size and tools to be a 3 down end.

BJ Ojulari: The exact opposite of Harrison, all the bend and multiple pass rush moves, but lacks size and strength.  That said, as a guy off the edge in the wide 9 he’s gonna be a handful.

Isaiah Foskey: Not really sure how this dude isn’t getting more love tbh.  Ideal frame, athleticism, production, character…. what’s the problem?  If he’s there in R3 I’m not wasting a second in drafting him.

Adetomiwa Adebawore:  DL, especially edge is a often a traits based position.  Dude is an absolute monster and offers some versatility both outside and playing the 3T. Not sure he makes it to us, but I’m a fan.

Nick Hampton: My late round flier.  Undersized but twitched up.  Development dude completely, but could play ST while continuing to fill out and learn the position.  In any other scheme I’d have no interest, but lining him up as a 9T and letting him use that burst he could be effective.

Who ya got?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Zach Harrison: He went to OSU.  And he’s a guy I’ll buy the athletics and traits and put him outside opposite Myles and let him get busy.  Not bendy nor does he have a huge pass rush repertoire, but has the size and tools to be a 3 down end.

BJ Ojulari: The exact opposite of Harrison, all the bend and multiple pass rush moves, but lacks size and strength.  That said, as a guy off the edge in the wide 9 he’s gonna be a handful.

Isaiah Foskey: Not really sure how this dude isn’t getting more love tbh.  Ideal frame, athleticism, production, character…. what’s the problem?  If he’s there in R3 I’m not wasting a second in drafting him.

Adetomiwa Adebawore:  DL, especially edge is a often a traits based position.  Dude is an absolute monster and offers some versatility both outside and playing the 3T. Not sure he makes it to us, but I’m a fan.

I have all of these 3 as good value picks but Adebawore scares me a bit as a "tweener" without necessarily the production I'd like, but we could do worse at that range I suppose.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I have all of these 3 as good value picks but Adebawore scares me a bit as a "tweener" without necessarily the production I'd like, but we could do worse at that range I suppose.

With his speed and explosiveness his tweener status is more of a feature than a bug.  

Line him up outside and let him work on the edge and move him inside on passing downs if you want.

Dane Brugler again.  He definitely seems to understand what our FO likes.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/yaya-diaby/32004449-4105-1911-562c-7d76f4e49b99

edit: just saw his age (23).

would be surprised if we took him R3, but athletically he fits what we should be looking for.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

would be surprised if we took him R3, but athletically he fits what we should be looking for.

Seems to suit the wide 9. 

Will be interesting to see what they think of the defensive end room. We probably only need 1 guy to take the group to 5 decent players..

Myles 

Obo

Wright 

Thomas. I liked Thomas more than Wright last year, looked more explosive.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Seems to suit the wide 9. 

Will be interesting to see what they think of the defensive end room. We probably only need 1 guy to take the group to 5 decent players..

Myles 

Obo

Wright 

Thomas. I liked Thomas more than Wright last year, looked more explosive.

I think Thomas and Wright are just different players.  Wright is more suited to be an early down base end who can kick inside on passing downs where Thomas looked like an edge only guy.

I hope both can make a jump year 1 to 2.

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think Thomas and Wright are just different players.  Wright is more suited to be an early down base end who can kick inside on passing downs where Thomas looked like an edge only guy.

I hope both can make a jump year 1 to 2.

Wright is going to have to show a lot more than he did last year. He is making Carl Nassib look like jj watt. 

He got 5 pds but few or no qb hits and no sacks. He didn't seem to have any bend or ability to shed blocks.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I have done 100+ mocks on a few different sites. Yaya was available at pick 190 nearly every time. I don't see him going higher than the 5th tbh. If he does, there are other interesting DEs available late. Definitely not a "can't pass on him" player, but he does have enough juice to overlook the age, sometime after pick 150 though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

I have done 100+ mocks on a few different sites. Yaya was available at pick 190 nearly every time. I don't see him going higher than the 5th tbh. If he does, there are other interesting DEs available late. Definitely not a "can't pass on him" player, but he does have enough juice to overlook the age, sometime after pick 150 though.

Day 3 he’d be an interesting pick.  Size, speed, explosiveness, etc to contribute for sure.

17 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Wright is going to have to show a lot more than he did last year. He is making Carl Nassib look like jj watt. 

He got 5 pds but few or no qb hits and no sacks. He didn't seem to have any bend or ability to shed blocks.

qI4e5sD.jpg

all of that is true, but as is this metric that shows he was being asked to do way to goddam much for a rookie 3rd round pick.

Our coaches did absolutely nothing to help the talent last season imo

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

qI4e5sD.jpg

all of that is true, but as is this metric that shows he was being asked to do way to goddam much for a rookie 3rd round pick.

Our coaches did absolutely nothing to help the talent last season imo

90% of our defense was Myles going out of this world. 

The 21-22 Browns defense should have been very good at the least.