Mock Draft Contest

Beck Bristow

There's no prize other than bragging rights, but please post your final mocks here. Previously we've used these rules:

Amended rules:

Point values equal the round. Half pointd for right position, wrong player. For a predicted trade, points for trade and player. So if you predict a trade down from one to two, and it happens, you get a point for the trade, then can get two points if the player is correct. If you predict a third for Jonah Williams and we get one, you get three points. If you predict we get a three for trading down and we get it, you get three points.

Edited by Beck Bristow

34 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

There's no prize other than bragging rights, but please post your final mocks here. Previously we've used these rules:

"7 picks this year, so 7 points for guessing the 1st rounder right, 6 points for the 2nd etc, down to one point for R7. 
If you get the right guy, but in the wrong spot or round, then you get half the entitled points. 
As an extra factor this year, you get an extra point if you guess the correct position at that pick, but get the wrong guy."

But we can work shop a little. Extra points if you predict a trade for a third or something like that.

Shouldn't the later round picks be worth more, if anything? Seems much tougher to do. But who am I?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

That's what I was thinking, it's much harder to nail the later picks, as the the further down the draft board you go, the more peoples rankings will wildly vary.

So reverse it then? Sounds good! Point values equal the round. Half pointd for right position, wrong player. For a predicted trade, points for trade and player. So if you predict a trade down from one to two, and it happens, you get a point for the trade, then can get two points if the player is correct. If you predict a third for Jonah Williams and we get one, you get three points. If you predict we get a three for trading down and we get it, you get three points.

• Like 1

OKay, I'll break the ice.

1.  Julius Brents  CB   Only because I think Forbes is already gone, Eagles style.  So we trade back a few spots, and pick up a second

2.  Darnell Washington  TE  at some point, we trade possibly trade Jonah to move up.  Could it be here?

2b Dawand Jones  OT

3.  Tyjah Spears  RB

4.  Bryce Ford Wheaton.  Because he drops for unknown reasons and we decide Chase is an admirable option for some more slot routes

5.  Keondre Colburn  DT

6.  Korsak the P

7.  Derius Davis WR  tcu

Here is what I think happens, not what I want to happen.

1. Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
  2. Darius Rush, CB, South Carolina
  3. Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU
  4. Jon Gaines, IOL, UCLA
  5. Jalen Redmond, DT, Oklahoma
  6. Josh Whyle, TE, Cincinnati
  7. Adam Korsak, P, Rutgers

Notes:

• Rumor is Darnell Washington might be sliding because of medicals, so if he's there at 60, I think CB might get pushed to rd 3
  • I absolutely think at least 1 CB gets taken before day 3
  • The feeling i'm getting from various Cincinnati media is that unless somebody real high falls, I think it's going to be Gibbs.  Cincinnati values RB more than most teams.
  • I went with Redmond for more interior competition, but it wouldn't shock me if we took an edge player in rd 4/5 instead
  • I'll be shocked if we don't take at least one IOL
  • Even if it's deprioritized, I do think we take at least one TE on day 3 to battle it out with Asiasi for TE3
  • We'll take the P of our choice rather than have to hope we get them as an UDFA
  • I'd probably give this draft a B
  • I don't think we make any trades, but if we do, it will be like last year and a minor trade up sometime after rd 1.  So I guess i'm more saying, I don't think we trade down from 28, especially if we take RB, where we can have 6 secure years and no 2nd contract with 4 years + 5th year option + 1 franchise year.
  • I'm beginning to think we don't trade Jonah AND we don't cut Collins.  We'll go into the season 5 strong at OT with OBJ/The Jonah/Collins/Ford/Carman
Edited by THE DUKE

10 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

1.  Julius Brents  CB   Only because I think Forbes is already gone, Eagles style.  So we trade back a few spots, and pick up a second

2.  Darnell Washington  TE  at some point, we trade possibly trade Jonah to move up.  Could it be here?

2b Dawand Jones  OT

3.  Tyjah Spears  RB

4.  Bryce Ford Wheaton.  Because he drops for unknown reasons and we decide Chase is an admirable option for some more slot routes

5.  Keondre Colburn  DT

6.  Korsak the P

7.  Derius Davis WR  tcu

Love it!   Washington and Jones… we have the biggest o-line in the league.   Brents will be a stud as well.  

Edited by Who-dey
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

2b Dawand Jones  OT

3.  Tyjah Spears  RB

5.  Keondre Colburn  DT

6.  Korsak the P

7.  Derius Davis WR  tcu

I'd be happy with that but doubt we have 2 second rounders.

I used a simulator so that i could put very little thought into this.

1. Adetomiwa Adebawore, DL

2. DJ Turner, CB

3. Tyler Steen, OT

4. Chase Brown, RB

5. Davis Allen, TE

6. Keaton Mitchell, RB

7. Anfernee Orji, LB

• Like 1

I very much want to make a trade but I couldn't decide what it would look like. But here is what I got.

28.Cam Smith CB South Carolina

60.Luke Musgrave TE Oregon State

92.Jayden Reed WR Michigan State

131.Ricky Stromberg OC Arkansas

163. Kenny McIntosh RB Georgia

206.Arquon Bush CB Cincinnati

246.Bumper Pool LB Arkansas

Here we go!   I’m banking on position points. Not just getting player right.  D line is getting older and contracts are coming up.  Our o-line situation is better than most teams at this point.  

1- Calijah Kancey DT

2- Mazi Smith DT

3- Ricky Strindberg IOL

4- John Gaines OL

5- Riley Moss CB

6- Ya Ya Diaby Edge

7- Anfernee Orji LB

Best athletes at their spot.  Yes I ran a simulation.  Over and over and over.  At least I did t take the trade for Chubb for our 1st.   I would everyday of the week but surely Cleveland wouldn’t dare.

On 4/27/2023 at 9:54 AM, Beck Bristow said:

I very much want to make a trade but I couldn't decide what it would look like. But here is what I got.

28.Cam Smith CB South Carolina

60.Luke Musgrave TE Oregon State

92.Jayden Reed WR Michigan State

131.Ricky Stromberg OC Arkansas

163. Kenny McIntosh RB Georgia

206.Arquon Bush CB Cincinnati

246.Bumper Pool LB Arkansas

Score yourself if you care. 2.5 for me for right position, wrong player in the fifth. And I probably should have given points for right player, wrong round, but I didn't.

I assume everyone did so poorly and won't care enough to look and won't score yourselves so I'm going to go ahead and declare myself victorious.