Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

3 hours ago, StatKing said:

Love stans are in full blown denial in the Packers forum. We aren't used to this level of bad.

I mean - 30 years of uninterrupted HoF QB play can have an effect. Some folks just assume they're going to bump this thread and tell people like me "lol i ToLd yU sO!" but it's looking less and less likely that day is coming.

Oh well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He was a good QB his sophomore year until his supporting cast either graduated or moved onto other programs.  Pointing out things without context seems to be a hard concept to grasp.

What was the number one knock on him coming out? Accuracy. He was widely considered by many to be a project. We sat him for 3 years to develop him and he still isn't as accurate as you want him to be. We had plenty of drops this game but even you have to admit his downfield accuracy has been spotty at best.

Just now, StatKing said:

What was the number one knock on him coming out? Accuracy. He was widely considered by many to be a project. We sat him for 3 years to develop him and he still isn't as accurate as you want him to be. We had plenty of drops this game but even you have to admit his downfield accuracy has been spotty at best.

Let me guess, your knock on his accuracy coming out of college stems from his 61.9% CMP% his final year, right?  If you choose to remember his prospect profile, you'll remember that there were concerns about his decision making, his deep ball accuracy, and his ability to read NFL defenses.  The decision making was largely a concern based off his junior year in which pretty much his entire offense from his sophomore year departed and his HC took the gig at Texas Tech.  His deep ball accuracy was an issue, and hasn't really been great so far.  But still not enough that you're saying he can't throw a deep ball accurately at all.  And it's been a mixed bag on reading defenses thus far.  You see some good and some bad in there, which is pretty much par for the course for young QBs.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let me guess, your knock on his accuracy coming out of college stems from his 61.9% CMP% his final year, right?  If you choose to remember his prospect profile, you'll remember that there were concerns about his decision making, his deep ball accuracy, and his ability to read NFL defenses.  The decision making was largely a concern based off his junior year in which pretty much his entire offense from his sophomore year departed and his HC took the gig at Texas Tech.  His deep ball accuracy was an issue, and hasn't really been great so far.  But still not enough that you're saying he can't throw a deep ball accurately at all.  And it's been a mixed bag on reading defenses thus far.  You see some good and some bad in there, which is pretty much par for the course for young QBs.

He is quite literally dead last in completion percentage if I'm not mistaken and he's like number 2 in turnovers. I don't understand how he can be that bad in both categories and you just chalk it up as "young qb" problems. If we end up with a top 5 pick we have to look at taking a QB.

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I mean - 30 years of uninterrupted HoF QB play can have an effect. Some folks just assume they're going to bump this thread and tell people like me "lol i ToLd yU sO!" but it's looking less and less likely that day is coming.

Oh well. 

How confident are you that CJ Stroud will be a better QB than Jordan Love?

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He already is. With a worse supporting cast.

So... 20,000,000%.

• Like 14

40 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Is this a rhetorical question? Even if Love turns  out better (he won't) Stroud has shown so so so much more as a true rookie than Love is showing in his 4th year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

at least you're on the record saying something useful in this thread now!

I've been saying useful things the entire time. You're just unable to digest it because you don't understand what you're watching (you never really did, but that's another story for another time). 

You're in a place that we call "denial". It's stage one of the grief process. You'll eventually get to accept the notion that Jordan Love is a bad QB. (I'll let you know ahead of time - there's no amount of bargaining you can do to change Love into a good QB, so we should progress through that stage fairly quickly... I hope).

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Jordan Love is Tarvaris Jackson in the forthcoming analogy.

Ironically, that's the comparison I was thinking - Tavaris Jackson was the Vikings version of Jordan Love. Athletic, has all the physical tools, very smart on the whiteboard, respected by coaches and teammates.

But, when the Xs and Os on the whiteboard turn into actual opponents, he just falters. You really can't fix that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I've been saying useful things the entire time. You're just unable to digest it because you don't understand what you're watching (you never really did, but that's another story for another time). 

You're in a place that we call "denial". It's stage one of the grief process. You'll eventually get to accept the notion that Jordan Love is a bad QB. (I'll let you know ahead of time - there's no amount of bargaining you can do to change Love into a good QB, so we should progress through that stage fairly quickly... I hope).

oh no...you're projecting now