2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

4 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Which team has drafted a WR or TE so far?

We're 17 picks in.

If they were premium positions, someone would have done it by now. Even reached. It hasn't happened.

Because I'm right and teams are starting to see that.

Chiefs, Packers, Ravens, Titans... They all traded their receivers instead of paying them.

The WR market is WAY overpriced right now. Smart teams are seeing that and dumping them for picks rather than paying them.

the gif was the teams are pretty different so it's an absurd comparison. The Eagles also completely blow this theory up with 3 first round WR's in the last 3 years while also giving AJ Brown new money. I don't disagree with the theory in most cases. 

1 minute ago, Cousin Eddie said:

Did anyone tell the Lions this is still the 1st round, not the 2nd?

The Lions had so many bad first rounds throughout the years, they might as well take the mindset that they're drafting in round 2.

Who would you have taken for the Packers, given who was on the board before the pick came in ?

I think CB Gonzalez might have been the highest rated player on the board...............but I'd probably have gone with OT Broderick Jones (who actually went with the next pick).

PS It's 3.22 am in England as I type this. I reckon I can last another half dozen picks before my bed calls to me, so if the Packers jump back into round one I'm going to miss it.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

7 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

the gif was the teams are pretty different so it's an absurd comparison. The Eagles also completely blow this theory up with 3 first round WR's in the last 3 years while also giving AJ Brown new money. I don't disagree with the theory in most cases. 

They had a second day QB playing way out of his contract. That's when you can do that.

And now the Eagles won't compete for another Super Bowl. They lost. They missed. They're done.

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Who who you have taken given who was on the board before the pick came in ?

I think CB Gonzalez might have been the highest rated player on the board...............but I'd probably have gone with OT Broderick Jones (who actually went with the next pick).

I would have traded down, but given we picked, I'm 100% on board with LVN. I love me some pass rushers. 

3 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Who who you have taken given who was on the board before the pick came in ?

If next year is as stacked at OT as predicted, we’ve already got two highly paid OT and other developmental guys. Hope we grab another day 2/3 guy who develops this year and a heavy hitter next draft. 

Edited by Refugee