2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

Players certainly to go before 42:
Joey Porter
Will Levis

Players I’m trading up for, one of these should be available – ideal trade partner is Seattle at pick 38, with us giving up in 42 and our 4th (116):
Darnell Washington
Jalin Hyatt
Mike Mayer
Brian Branch

Funny, I don’t love anyone enough at 45, I’d like a trade back in the 2nd and to get a 4th rounder back and then take one of the following:
Sam La Porta
Luke Musgrave
Cedric Tillman
Jartavius Martin
Keeanu Benton
Rashee Rice
Jonathan Mingo

If we stay at 45 lots of Oline are available and could be high on our board:
John Michael Schmitz
O’Cyrus Torrence
Steve Avila
Dawand Jones
Matthew Bergeron
Caudy Mauch
Joe Tippman
Luke Wypler

Surprise pick at 45
Hendon Hooker!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

Yeah, but he seems like that because he isn't fast, not because of how he plays. Also not a very good tackler, not that I would be that off put by taking him at 42 - but I think that's a need decision over a football decision.

Branch is like the best tackling college DB in half a generation. He'd be a great STAR role guy here

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'd be plenty happy with any of Washington, Mayer or Musgrave in RD2.  Wanted no part of any TE in RD1, but now is the time.

No question we will get a shot at a TE. Board still includes Mayer, Washington, Musgrave, LaPorta and Kraft, all legitimate 2nd round guys. Even if a few TEs go in the first 10 picks, 2-3 of those guys are going to be there. 

I don't know who the Packers top TE is but if they want him they better move up at least 5 spots because I see the run on TE's starting in the 30's. Other teams know the TE is one of the Packers top needs and will be trading ahead of them to get one. Gute has the capital go get your guy.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Branch is like the best tackling college DB in half a generation. He'd be a great STAR role guy here

Yeah, I think every evaluation I read on Branch had tackling as one of his biggest plus traits. Not sure how anyone would have him pegged as a poor tackler.