2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

9 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Pick 37 to 51 really is the best part of this draft. And we get two picks.

Only way i could be happier is if gute grabs a third one

Yeah, I wonder if it was ever on the table to get both NYJ RD2 picks in 2023.  Maybe without the RD1 swap and the 2024 pick is a straight RD2.

19 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yeah, I wonder if it was ever on the table to get both NYJ RD2 picks in 2023.  Maybe without the RD1 swap and the 2024 pick is a straight RD2.

I like getting their first next year better. Props to gute though it was enticing. 

38 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I would not be upset at all to see Branch in RD2, but I can say the same thing about a dozen players.

I would be.  I don't like slow defensive backs.  I really don't like drafting slow defensive backs.  I really, really don't like drafting slow defensive backs in early parts of the draft.

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I would be.  I don't like slow defensive backs.  I really don't like drafting slow defensive backs.  I really, really don't like drafting slow defensive backs in early parts of the draft.

How about slow TE's? How about drafting slow TE's? 

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I really don't like drafting players like Josh Jones and Darnell Savage in early parts of the draft because they can run fast.

You guys need to relax on the TEs.  It is not an impactful position, and just about every one of them outside of the top 5 are interchangeable.  If there is a run of ten TEs between pick 32 and 42, the NFL is gifting us with a great board to pick whomever we want.  Worst case scenario, we go into the season with Deguara and Davis.  Guess what? If you give them the same number of targets as Tonyan, they probably produce.

• Like 1

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

You guys need to relax on the TEs.  It is not an impactful position, and just about every one of them outside of the top 5 are interchangeable.  If there is a run of ten TEs between pick 32 and 42, the NFL is gifting us with a great board to pick whomever we want.  Worst case scenario, we go into the season with Deguara and Davis.  Guess what? If you give them the same number of targets as Tonyan, they probably produce.

I'll disagree with you to a degree. Having a talenting *receiving* TE can open up an offense tremendously. Are any of these guys the next Kelce? Probably not....I cant say.....but we've gone so long without that dynamic to our passing game that I think we may have forgotten how it can help the offense.

54 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Haha, I said this last night. I hope someone trades a 4th for Preston and a 3rd to get away from gross contract 

Why? We save money after this season if we cut him.  Let Gary ease back from his knee injury, let Van Ness ease into the league, and keep Enagbare fresher.  All with a pretty darn good player.  It isn't like there is a magic FA out there that helps the Packers this year.  And are we truly competing for a championship this season?  I think this season is much more about 24, 25, 26 than it is about the results in 2023.

• Like 2