2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

I think the other Tennessee WR Tillman might be a fit for a physical, blocking oriented receiver.  he also has a little contested catch and long stride deep game to him.

He might be a good consolation prize WR in the 3rd, or a surprise 2nd rounder over downs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

he's also had foot surgery i see

https://www.cover1.net/nfl-draft-injury-impact-georgia-te-darnell-washington/

Seems like some refer to it as foot, some ankle, but it is probably the same injury from 2021 that lingered into spring ball of 2022. We'll see, Dr Anderson is the best there is so if he's off our board, as sad as it will make me, it's for good reason.

• Like 1

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I think the other Tennessee WR Tillman might be a fit for a physical, blocking oriented receiver.  he also has a little contested catch and long stride deep game to him.

He might be a good consolation prize WR in the 3rd, or a surprise 2nd rounder over downs.

Tillman is interesting. He was a top WR prospect in '21, but then got injured and Hyatt took over. I suspect he'll be good value. There's still some really nice EDGE, WR, CB and TE players left for our next two picks. I think we hit those positions. S and IDL not ugly right now, either.

OL, RB are ugly. QB has value but not for us. I don't care about off-ball LB so not sure how that position looks outside of other people's opinions.

32 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The thing about the TEs too is that we don' t know how teams stacked their tiers for TEs.  Throughout the whole process the draft media was talking about "Kincaid, Mayer, and Washington are the three first round TEs", but it's entirely plausible that actual NFL teams had Mayer and Washington graded in the same tier as like Musgrave or Kraft.

We might find out what the Packers thought since if they're going to move up for a TE it's "to get the last guy in the tier."  If Mayer and Washington go and they take Musgrave, then we figure that the difference there isn't enormous to the Packers.

Kincaid was really the only first round TE, and that's if you were okay with his back and his age.  Remember, Cole Kmet was a first round lock and he went mid R2.

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Great hands catcher, excellent body control. Ive been big on the tillman train for a few months. 

Recently i decided to move to mississippi though so im also in the mingo fan club. 

Both would be cool. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I can't see Hyatt making it into the 40s - he's clearly in the tier with the already drafted wideouts.

It also depends on rankings… like off is really down on Hyatt. So in all their simulations you can like get him at the end of the 2nd/ beginning of the 3rd.

So this might be true… but it might not be. He is for sure one of the few that GB would take early, don’t know about the rest of the league.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Kincaid was really the only first round TE, and that's if you were okay with his back and his age.  Remember, Cole Kmet was a first round lock and he went mid R2.

I think the draft media generally puts a couple of the best guys at non-premium positions in the 1st round talk just to create "what is the value of this position" discussions.  Also, because occasionally a team takes an RB and an off-ball LB in the first round.

• Like 1