FINAL Mock Draft of 2023, 6 Trades

Nickpeloso17

Here’s my last mock before draft day, didn’t include trade compensation but we have a lot of trade action going on

1. Panthers: Bryce Young, QB Alabama
  2. Texans: Will Anderson Jr., DE Alabama
  3. Cardinals: Paris Johnson Jr., OT Ohio State
  4. Colts: CJ Stroud, QB Ohio State
  5. Seahawks: Tyree Wilson, DE Texas Tech
  6. Lions: Devon Witherspoon, CB Illinois
  7. Raiders: Christian Gonzalez, CB Oregon
  8. *Eagles: Jalen Carter, DT Georgia
  9. *Titans: Will Levis, QB Kentucky
  10. Falcons: Bijan Robinson, RB Texas
  11. Bears: Peter Skoronski, OL Northwestern
  12. Texans: Anthony Richardson, QB Florida
  13. Packers: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR Ohio State
  14. *Steelers: Broderick Jones, OT Georgia
  15. Jets: Darnell Wright, OT Tennessee
  16. Commanders: Deonte Banks, CB Maryland
  17. Patriots: Nolan Smith, OLB Georgia
  18. *Chiefs: Zay Flowers, WR Boston College
  19. Buccaneers: Myles Murphy, DE Clemson
  20. Seahawks: John Michael Schmitz, C Minnesota
  21. Chargers: Dalton Kincaid, TE Utah
  22. Ravens: Joey Porter Jr., CB Penn State
  23. *Saints: Lukas Van Ness, DE Iowa
  24. Jaguars: Brian Branch, DB Alabama
  25. Giants: Emmanuel Forbes, CB Mississippi State
  26. Cowboys: Michael Mayer, TE Notre Dame
  27. Bills: Steve Avila, OG TCU
  28. Bengals: Jahmyr Gibbs, RB Alabama
  29. Vikings: Adetomiwa Adebawore, DE Northwestern
  30. *Raiders: Hendon Hooker, QB Tennessee
  31. Lions: Mazi Smith, DT Michigan
Edited by Nickpeloso17

Nick you ripped my heart out tonight but i still luv ya :(   Carter falls to the Falcons and we don't take him is one of my worst case scenarios to make me cry tomorrow.  It will imo be one of the 1st knocks and black marks on Fontenot if he does this. 

Now with that said if you can tell me we got a 2nd round pick back from the Eagles it takes the sting away a little but i probably still don't make that trade.   I am VERY VERY HIGH on Carter as a player.  Only guy i have up there with him this year is Anderson

Bijan is solid even more so if we get Bijan + a 2nd round pick but i still don't put that even with Carter.

43 minutes ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

18. *Chiefs: Zay Flowers, WR Boston College

This is too high. The Chiefs might trade up to the low 20s. They don't have the capital for this move. Try #22, #25, or #26. 

That said, they would do it for Lukas Van Ness, not a WR. 

11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Nick you ripped my heart out tonight but i still luv ya :(   Carter falls to the Falcons and we don't take him is one of my worst case scenarios to make me cry tomorrow.  It will imo be one of the 1st knocks and black marks on Fontenot if he does this. 

Now with that said if you can tell me we got a 2nd round pick back from the Eagles it takes the sting away a little but i probably still don't make that trade.   I am VERY VERY HIGH on Carter as a player.  Only guy i have up there with him this year is Anderson

Bijan is solid even more so if we get Bijan + a 2nd round pick but i still don't put that even with Carter.

I really wanted to just have you guys take Carter there but ultimately I think Philly makes an offer too good to pass up. Was a tough choice!

11 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

This is too high. The Chiefs might trade up to the low 20s. They don't have the capital for this move. Try #22, #25, or #26. 

That said, they would do it for Lukas Van Ness, not a WR. 

I was thinking 20 with Seattle or 23 with Minnesota, honestly I liked how the rest of the board fell with them moving up then. I have a feeling Detroit trades down but the partners that make sense is a bit limited 

3 minutes ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

I was thinking 20 with Seattle or 23 with Minnesota, honestly I liked how the rest of the board fell with them moving up then. I have a feeling Detroit trades down but the partners that make sense is a bit limited 

Think more #25 or #26. Anything higher involves the #63 pick. 

I doubt Detroit trades down. They have plenty of picks already. 

18 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Think more #25 or #26. Anything higher involves the #63 pick. 

I doubt Detroit trades down. They have plenty of picks already. 

That’s really good to know actually.. any thoughts on who they’d prefer at 18? Specifically given the board here?

Myles Murphy is a nobrainer at #18.  My hat is off to Brad Holmes if he resists the temptation to take Jalen Carter at #6.  A CB there is reasonable (too early for a TE, MLB, WR3, or DT not named "Jalen Carter") but it is a position that was addressed in free agency.

I would be shocked if Tampa Bay passed on Hendon Hooker at #18.  Texans should be grabbing him at #12.

Interesting mock.  Thanks, Nick.

3 hours ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

I really wanted to just have you guys take Carter there but ultimately I think Philly makes an offer too good to pass up. Was a tough choice!

What kind of offer we talking about >.>  Just a 3rd ain't gonna get it done for us to pass up on the number 1 player in the draft O.o

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I think a realistic offer could be 8 + 44 for 10 + 30.

I probably still wouldn't do it i like Carter that much as a player.  I would need my doors blows off to give up Carter at 8.   10 + 30 for 8 might get it done but even then i still debate it hard.