2023 NFL Draft Day Thread

textaz03

24 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

One of the most fascinating aspects of the draft is who is gonna fall.  It happens almost every year.  If one of the QBs falls to us, I could see us trading back.  Or, would we have the stones to draft a Richardson or Levis ourselves if one is available at 26?  I'm not necessarily opposed to trading up.  The vikings drafted Jefferson at #22.  It wouldn't cost us too much to move up 4-6 spots if an elite talent falls into the 20 range.  

All that being said, unless a top tier offensive weapon or CB falls, I hope we focus on the trenches at the top end of the draft.  We will ever get past SF/Phi unless we can dominate in the trenches.  This means running the ball and stopping the run.  I'd love to see a strong pass rush from the inside.  

Kancey 🙏 

8 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Get me a difference maker on offense today, please.

What they’ve been doing for most of the last decade. Don’t panic and let the Will McClay show happen.

I’d be totally fine dumping a 4th or 5th rounder to secure an offensive playmaker if the board is starting to get wiped out. Also, if Skoronski becomes a victim of a wacky top-10, I’d start making calls.

Depends on the board, but yeah, I’ll trade back. A future 1st is the dream. But an extra 3rd in this draft would be really nice.

Dream of JSN and Darnell Wright. Settle for Michael Mayer or Dalton Kincaid.

I have JSN falling to Baltimore at 22. Would you try to make a move?

10 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Not necessarily. Just because they have 17 1st round grades doesn’t mean those guys go 1-17 back to back to back. They had a 1st on Tyler Smith last year. They might have a 1st grade on McDonald. But yeah… when your first pick isn’t until nearly round 2… lower expectations 

Edited by DaBoys

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Not necessarily. Just because they have 17 1st round grades doesn’t mean those guys go 1-17 back to back to back. They had a 1st on Tyler Smith last year. They might have a 1st grade on McDonald. But yeah… when your first pick isn’t until nearly round 2… lower expectations 

lowered-expectations.jpg

43 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Tyler Smith was at the top of their second round grades.

• Like 1

What are your surprises you wouldn't be so surprised about IF they happen?

Some of mine:

Hooker goes before Levis

More interior DL players go in round one than edge players

The Patriots make a big play for Bijan Robinson.

A receiver finds their way into the top 5. 

Four tight ends go in round one.

And one Dallas shocker: They do not make a selection tonight, giving that pick up for either a key veteran or for a first next year; and pull a Fredrick, landing Mr Three Names at center.

18 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, I would try. But I’m not giving up my third rounder, so I kind of doubt I would be successful

JSN is going to be an absolute beast in the NFL. If he gets past 15 I start trying to make a move, even if it costs me this year's second to swap. 

Edited by Dallas94Ware