2023 NFL Draft Day Thread

textaz03

It’s Draft day!!!! We are now just 12 hours away from the 2023 NFL Draft. 

What’s your alls final thoughts? 
What do you want to see Jerry and Steven Jones do?

Trade up? If so for who?

Trade back? If so for what and how far back?

Stay put? Who do you want to se the Boys target?

Lets keep all our Day 1 Draft talk here

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Stay out of McClay’s way.

Trade up? If so for who?

I can’t really pinpoint a specific player who “falls” that I’d really want to make a significant jump for. Never a trade up fan anyway.

Right now, 26 feels like a good spot to get out of. Getting an extra pick in 35-70 range looks more appealing than usual imo.

What’s your alls final thoughts? 

Get me a difference maker on offense today, please.

What they’ve been doing for most of the last decade. Don’t panic and let the Will McClay show happen.

Trade up? If so for who?

I’d be totally fine dumping a 4th or 5th rounder to secure an offensive playmaker if the board is starting to get wiped out. Also, if Skoronski becomes a victim of a wacky top-10, I’d start making calls.

Depends on the board, but yeah, I’ll trade back. A future 1st is the dream. But an extra 3rd in this draft would be really nice.

Stay put? Who do you want to se the Boys target?

Dream of JSN and Darnell Wright. Settle for Michael Mayer or Dalton Kincaid.

40 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m curious to see if Lamar Jackson gets moved today.
Also, who trades back/out and jockeys for position for the Caleb Williams/Drake Maye sweepstakes next yr.

I think it'll be more like the Williams/Ewers sweepstakes. 

32 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Is there a random Tyler Smith type, out of nowhere guy you think Dallas may have a keen eye for?

Tyler Smith buzz started well before this point last year.

Hearing the beat reporter suckers biting on Musgrave and LaPorta reminds me of Dallas trying to throw people off the Tyron Smith trail back in the day. 2 possibilities. Most likely, they want Mayer/Kincaid as we have suspected for a while and they’re worried about trade ups. Or they are really trying to hide interest in something else. I’ll say, this would have been the greatest obfuscation of a target in Dallas history if they really want a guy like Darnell Washington or Quentin Johnston

16 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Tyler Smith buzz started well before this point last year.

Hearing the beat reporter suckers biting on Musgrave and LaPorta reminds me of Dallas trying to throw people off the Tyron Smith trail back in the day. 2 possibilities. Most likely, they want Mayer/Kincaid as we have suspected for a while and they’re worried about trade ups. Or they are really trying to hide interest in something else. I’ll say, this would have been the greatest obfuscation of a target in Dallas history if they really want a guy like Darnell Washington or Quentin Johnston

LOL. I just posted something in prospects regarding LaPorta. Apparently Dallas likes him. Per Slater anyway. The smoke and mirrors prior to the draft is always fun.

Regarding Smith, maybe so. I don’t remember Smith gaining major momentum until @DaBoysposted something shortly before draft.

Edited by WizardHawk

36 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

LOL. I just posted something in prospects regarding LaPorta. Apparently Dallas likes him. Per Slater anyway. The smoke and mirrors prior to the draft is always fun.

Regarding Smith, maybe so. I don’t remember Smith gaining major momentum until @DaBoysposted something shortly before draft.

I saw the Slater thing - no way, that’s a smoke screen.

Kiper had Tyler Smith in his last mock. Sturm added an extra entry into his pre-draft series to add in Tyler. It wasn’t this last minute

32 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Kiper had Tyler Smith in his last mock. Sturm added an extra entry into his pre-draft series to add in Tyler. It wasn’t this last minute

They’re going to really throw a curveball at us and trade for Jackson or something 🤣

32 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

As an TEU man, LaPorta is probably a solid, undersold pick. That said, at 26 I’m a no thanks.

One of the most fascinating aspects of the draft is who is gonna fall.  It happens almost every year.  If one of the QBs falls to us, I could see us trading back.  Or, would we have the stones to draft a Richardson or Levis ourselves if one is available at 26?  I'm not necessarily opposed to trading up.  The vikings drafted Jefferson at #22.  It wouldn't cost us too much to move up 4-6 spots if an elite talent falls into the 20 range.  

All that being said, unless a top tier offensive weapon or CB falls, I hope we focus on the trenches at the top end of the draft.  We will ever get past SF/Phi unless we can dominate in the trenches.  This means running the ball and stopping the run.  I'd love to see a strong pass rush from the inside.