Philapelphia Eagles Draft Day 1 Discussion -- NO SPOILERS

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Care to give any insight on these guys? I know you're a UGA guy and all. Love to hear from people who watch these guys the most.

Nolan Smith can be used similar to Micah Parsons. Not sure he will be the same level of pass rusher or how he fits the Eagles scheme. Great run defender despite his size, hell of a leader and high character guy. Works his butt off and very humble for being such a high rated recruit out of high school. Very intelligent as well plus the athleticism is top notch. He was my 8th ranked player in the class and I can be very critical of my Dawgs.

Carter speaks for himself on film. Ohio state game he was out of shape though and there is the character thing but what better than to be around the three highest character Dawgs from the last two teams in Davis, Dean and now Smith. If he can’t keep it together with his brothers there then he was a lost cause anyway. I think Carter is going to be a dominant player as long as that support system is there. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah. I might get flack for saying this, but I like him better than Kyle Pitts as an all around TE.

Kyle Pitts the idea will probably always be better than Kyle Pitts the player. But could take a leap with an actual team

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Nolan Smith can be used similar to Micah Parsons. Not sure he will be the same level of pass rusher or how he fits the Eagles scheme. Great run defender despite his size, hell of a leader and high character guy. Works his butt off and very humble for being such a high rated recruit out of high school. Very intelligent as well plus the athleticism is top notch. He was my 8th ranked player in the class and I can be very critical of my Dawgs.

Carter speaks for himself on film. Ohio state game he was out of shape and there is the character thing but what better than to be around the three highest character Dawgs from the last two teams in Davis, Dean and now Smith. If he can’t keep it together with his brothers there then he was a lost cause anyway. I think Carter is going to be a dominant player as long as that support system is there. 

Thanks man! I have definitely seen you be critical of some Georgia dudes before. Why I value your thoughts!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I hope he means Ringo lol

People feel the way about Nolan because he didn’t put up huge numbers. But our defense is such a team unit no one does. Under Kirby Smart no one has hit double digit sacks. Azeez Ojulari came the closest at 9.5. Nolan was balling out before his injury this year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

People feel the way about Nolan because he didn’t put up huge numbers. But our defense is such a team unit no one does. Under Kirby Smart no one has hit double digit sacks. Azeez Ojulari came the closest at 9.5. Nolan was balling out before his injury this year.

Love his bend, really curious to see how he does in a more attacking bigger role. Excited for him, it won’t be for lack of effort on his end.

• Like 1