Philapelphia Eagles Draft Day 1 Discussion -- NO SPOILERS

EaglesPeteC

30 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

We gonna double dip on offense tonight or load up the defense even more?

Really hoping for a combo like Safety & CB. Branch/A.Johnson & DJ Turner

Or RB & WR/TE. Charmander and Tank Dell or Double Tank it. Tank Bigsby and Tank Dell

I'm very enticed by the idea of rebuilding the whole defense in a single draft by going CB & Safety.

But the offense needs some help too and it would be nice to have the team better in at at least one area compared to last year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I would pump the breaks on that.

Milton is a rotational guy at best.

Gainwell is the starter by default, lets see how he holds up as the lead guy.

AJ Brown was a known commodity.

Davis, Jurgens, Dean, Carter, Smith, we have no idea what these guys are as pros yet.

• Like 1

Just now, downundermike said:

Davis, Jurgens, Dean, Carter, Smith, we have no idea what these guys are as pros yet.

Besides, it's not like Raegor was his sole mistake. 

Those 2019-2020 drafts were enough to get anyone fired. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@downermike at it again

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@downermike at it again

Facts are facts my man.

The only guy we have seen play extended snaps out of Davis, Jurgens, Dean, Carter, Smith, in an NFL game is Davis, and he did not exactly blow me away.

We have 5 unknowns at this point.  I expect Carter to be the best of the bunch, and be an absolute stud, but the rest are all TBD.

Two guys I'd watch out for a move up is Torrence and Dawand Jones. We know Stout loves big guys on the OL and Jones is a massive man. Could be a solid backup tackle. Torrence would obviously be a plug and play RG this year even though I do think Jurgens can play RG.

I don't think there will be a lot of value at CB when we pick in the second round and I don't see the Eagles moving up for one of the Safeties either(Maybe Sydney Brown will be there when we pick?). I'd expect either an OL or a WR to be decent value for us(Hyatt/Mims Jr). Don't think I'd go RB till round 3 personally. I like Charbonnet but I don't think he is a great fit for what we do and he likely won't be there when we pick regardless.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wouldn't hate Torrence, but I'm very lukewarm on him. Steve Avila is Guard1 for me. 

Not sure who's going to be on the board come 62 a lot is gonna happen in the mean time.

I would trade up for Avila as well fwiw. I do feel like Torrence is the guy the Eagles would like more though.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Not sure who's going to be on the board come 62 a lot is gonna happen in the mean time.

Obviously the draft will be different, but running the PFN simulator, I am not a fan of the guys who are on the board at 62.

Joe Tippman and John Michael Schmitz are always there.

Benton, Dexter and Ika always there.

Occasionally Sydney Brown, Antonio Johnson and Brents are there.

Edited by downundermike