1. 1. Happy with it?

• 100%
    • Like, don’t love
    • Eh, I guess
    • Disappointed…
    • Fire up the Fire Howie thread

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

https://x.com/tim_mcmanus/status/1698669163898679469?s=46

deep dive into Carter and the Eagles’ decision to draft him.

(tweets still refuse to embed for me 😑

Good read,

Very interesting on him actively trying to come to Philly. I'm skeptical that lazy players turn it around at the pro-level but it has happened before. 

I've been begging for the Eagles to take for chances on talented guys with character concerns and they finally did, hopefully it works out. 

5 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Good read,

Very interesting on him actively trying to come to Philly. I'm skeptical that lazy players turn it around at the pro-level but it has happened before. 

I've been begging for the Eagles to take for chances on talented guys with character concerns and they finally did, hopefully it works out. 

Lazy or just kind of entitled? 

17 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Love the outside media is pumping up our boy. Not sure it was outside or not but read last week a 10+ sack prediction from one of the more popular writers. That would be lovely. We deserve a rookie of the year

And an MVP.

Can't believe we don't have either.  And until recently nd until recently a 4K passer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yeah I was just looking.. I thought we had 1 dpoty and we do not. That's insane. 

Luckily we got a guy that can pull off the dpoty and another guy to pull off the MVP

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I hope we see it. I want the Eagles to improve its history as a franchise. 

Those awards are meaningless, and rarely equate to post season success.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Maybe by itself, but it usually equates to all time greats and thus a winning franchise. Without looking up I'd bet the franchises with the most accolades are the Steelers, Cowboys, Patriots, 49ers, Packers etc. I want the Eagles in that conversation. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, downundermike said:

It's just nice to have at least a couple in our franchises history. Obviously they're meaningless to an extent. Having a player of the year or MVP does help the team and could help in the playoffs. It's better then not having them lol

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

It's just nice to have at least a couple in our franchises history. Obviously they're meaningless to an extent. Having a player of the year or MVP does help the team and could help in the playoffs. It's better then not having them lol

If Hurts won MVP last year, would you be rolling around with a Hurts MVP shirt puffing out your chest when folks hit you with the “how was that Super Bowl loss” ?   

Individual player awards are meaningless to fans.