Happy with it?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with it?

• 100%
    • Like, don’t love
    • Eh, I guess
    • Disappointed…
    • Fire up the Fire Howie thread

Sunday against Washington I think Jalen Carter might’ve had his “worst game” of the year if you can even call it that. He still had plenty of fantastic plays where he shows sky high potential. These 3 plays are on the last drive alone. Even in a “bad game for his standards” he’s still one of the better defensive players on the field and can play better in big moments. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

In the last Decade 26 DT have been selected with 1st rd draft picks. Only 4 of them have recorded 3.5 sacks as a Rookie.

Aaron Donald (9)

Ed Oliver (5)

Daron Payne (5)

Sheldon Rankins (4)

Jalen Carter has 3.5 in his 1st 5 games!

Jalen Carter had more pressures than even Aaron Donald through his first 4 games according to PFF.

From what I can see on their site Donald had 5 pressures in his first 4 games…. Carter had 20 coming into today’s game!!

The NFL really let us get a generational prospect at the end of the top 10…

I’d like to thank the Lions for trading back and drafting a RB, the Raiders for passing and taking Tyree Wilson, the Bears for letting us come up 1 pick, the Saints for trading us the pick in the first place, and anyone else I might’ve forgotten.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Jalen Carter had more pressures than even Aaron Donald through his first 4 games according to PFF.

From what I can see on their site Donald had 5 pressures in his first 4 games…. Carter had 20 coming into today’s game!!

I’d like to thank the Lions for trading back and drafting a RB, the Raiders for passing and taking Tyree Wilson, the Bears for letting us come up 1 pick, the Saints for trading us the pick in the first place, and anyone else I might’ve forgotten.

Seattle was the biggest threat to take him according to their needs/position. But they took him off their board.

What were you doing posting at 2 in the morning?

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

In the last Decade 26 DT have been selected with 1st rd draft picks. Only 4 of them have recorded 3.5 sacks as a Rookie.

Aaron Donald (9)

Ed Oliver (5)

Daron Payne (5)

Sheldon Rankins (4)

Jalen Carter has 3.5 in his 1st 5 games!

I was about to say suh and Cox should be added to this list too but the key words are “in the last decade”. Both were drafted just outside of a decade ago. Cox (5.5 in 2012) suh (10.0 in 2010).

Edited by Jays3

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Thing is a lot of haters and even some eagles fans are pointing out that so far he’s gone against weak OLs. And honestly, that’s true for the most part I will admit, but what some people fail to realize is that Jalen Carter sees a double team more than any other DT and yet is still the best at beating double teams according to PFF. Even if a bad team is double teaming you, that’s still a very tough assignment to handle...

No matter how you look at it, Jalen carter has been extremely impressive. He was my #1 guy in the draft for more than a year but I didn’t even see him having this much success this fast. This is insane.

5 hours ago, Jays3 said:

Thing is a lot of haters and even some eagles fans are pointing out that so far he’s gone against weak OLs. And honestly, that’s true for the most part I will admit, but what some people fail to realize is that Jalen Carter sees a double team more than any other DT and yet is still the best at beating double teams according to PFF. Even if a bad team is double teaming you, that’s still a very tough assignment to handle...

No matter how you look at it, Jalen carter has been extremely impressive. He was my #1 guy in the draft for more than a year but I didn’t even see him having this much success this fast. This is insane.

100%. I’ve seen same criticism, and I agree a lot of these iOLs have been mediocre, but like you said he’s been getting doubled consistently and he’s making these guys look like they’re not even there on some plays! Carter is the best player on this defense. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jays3 said:

What's even more insane is regardless of the OL faced, the man is only playing 50% of the snaps? 

He finally gets more then 1/2 the reps in a game because of the Cox/Tui injuries, Kid gets 2 sacks! 

Never thought, not even with Fletcher have I ever thought I'd potentially see Jerome Brown in a Eagle jersey again. 

Carter is pretty GD close though, if not on par. Still to early to give him that type of props but if this continues, hot damn did we luck out!! 👍🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

38 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Carter has the most pressures of any DT in the NFL and is third in sacks for DT’s…. We literally moved on from Hargrave and got better on the DL.  

Once I saw Hargrave landed that massive deal from SF way back in free agency, I posted that there's no way Howie was going to let the in-house talent at the DT position suffer a massive downgrade, if at all. Low and behold, he lands arguably a better overall player on a rookie freaking deal.

• Like 1