🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Curious if the cj drama effected him cause he didn’t look ready rewatched it last night and he looked lost half the time like he didn’t know the plays. Got pushed down more than koonce. he tried to bull rush their lt once and got shut down completely then he basically useless and looked lost af the rest of the game. Interesting to see him next game he has to improve can’t get worse…

Being hurt is not an excuse to not learn the defense. If that’s the case that’s unacceptable. I hope it’s more rust and being thrown to the wolves due to Jones not being available. He was supposed to be eased in and ended up playing a lot of snaps week 1. 

I was pounding the table for Carter for months and was pissed on draft day when we passed over him, I honestly didn't think he would be there and if that was the case I wanted a trade back for a CB.  I hadn't watched anything on Wilson but after we drafted him and watched a bit of film I had many questions, particularly about his get off.  

Another top 10 draft pick that busts would be horrendous and unacceptable.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I was pounding the table for Carter for months and was pissed on draft day when we passed over him, I honestly didn't think he would be there and if that was the case I wanted a trade back for a CB.  I hadn't watched anything on Wilson but after we drafted him and watched a bit of film I had many questions, particularly about his get off.  

Another top 10 draft pick that busts would be horrendous and unacceptable.  

I also want wanted carter but understood why we passed on him. I wouldnt have passed on Bryan Breese or Myles Murphy. I wanted one of them.

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I also want wanted carter but understood why we passed on him. I wouldnt have passed on Bryan Breese or Myles Murphy. I wanted one of them.

Passing over uber talented players because we play in Vegas is not a good business model, especially on a team that is devoid of elite talent and at a position of major need.  I honestly didn't think Carter would be on the board at 7 and based on that I wanted a trade back for a CB and I also liked Van Ness as value at edge rusher with a trade back.  

57 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Passing over uber talented players because we play in Vegas is not a good business model, especially on a team that is devoid of elite talent and at a position of major need.  I honestly didn't think Carter would be on the board at 7 and based on that I wanted a trade back for a CB and I also liked Van Ness as value at edge rusher with a trade back.  

Oh yea I also wanted either Gonzales or Porter. I didn't like Witherspoon from the beginning

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Being hurt is not an excuse to not learn the defense. If that’s the case that’s unacceptable. I hope it’s more rust and being thrown to the wolves due to Jones not being available. He was supposed to be eased in and ended up playing a lot of snaps week 1. 

Yea hopefully first game nerves but dam we need him to be worth his draft status esp being this regime only first rounder. We won’t even talk about mayer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Just throwing in my two cents.  It's one game.  I'll judge him on his second year.  I would love for him to have an immediate impact, but if he can become a double-digit sack artist, I'll be happy.

Some rooks don’t get a 2nd year like leatherwood or the dt we just traded to kc 

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Just throwing in my two cents.  It's one game.  I'll judge him on his second year.  I would love for him to have an immediate impact, but if he can become a double-digit sack artist, I'll be happy.

This. He's a project. Expecting immediate impact is misguided. He was projected for what he can become, not what he is. Time will tell on that.

The people hating is not because of the player, it's because of JMD/DZ. If they took Carter, the moment he ran into any trouble, they'd point fingers at JMD/DZ. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Geezy said:

no ones changing their tune, everyone knows Carter was the best player in the draft. Raiders just couldnt make the pick. 

It was terrible watching it unfold and have the best player at our biggest need right in our laps and being handcuffed.

Y'all were roasting me all off-season, apologize 

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Some rooks don’t get a 2nd year like leatherwood or the dt we just traded to kc 

Then that would mean we failed terribly at drafting in the first round.  Again. 

Especially if Carter never has another off-field issue again and becomes a Pro-Bowl HOF caliber player.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Y'all were roasting me all off-season, apologize 

Bro you really act like if something is going your way for all of five seconds we're just supposed to apologize.  What if Jalen Carter kills someone tomorrow and Jimmy G leads us to a 3-14 season?  You want to be crowned after week one of the season.  Get over yourself.  You're the weirdest person I've ever interacted with.  You have short guy with insecurities energy.  

• Like 2

My stance on the Carter situation is well documented. He was my #1 player at an enormous position of need. However drafting him to the Raiders would have been a horrible decision.

With that said, every other team that passed on him (Sans maybe the QB needy ones at #1/#2, should have drafted him imo.

Vegas was the ONE team he absolutely, should not have been drafted by, Sucks for us but that Ruggs incident will have trickle down effects for decades.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This. He's a project. Expecting immediate impact is misguided. He was projected for what he can become, not what he is. Time will tell on that.

The people hating is not because of the player, it's because of JMD/DZ. If they took Carter, the moment he ran into any trouble, they'd point fingers at JMD/DZ. 

No bp you praise this regime for cutting bait and not scholarshipping guys. No flip flopping now.

You think if he sucks like leatherwood they’d get rid of him after year 1?