🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

On 8/14/2024 at 12:01 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

After watching the whole thing, didn't look as bad as I thought. He definitely looked better inside, despite being doubled/having some protections slid his way a bit. Definitely still room for improvement but the few cutups I saw online looked much worse than this. Hand usage/playing lower to the ground/with leverage and the biggest issues.

ultimately hes the classic case of, got by in HS and college with his natural abilities... 
in the nfl, you can see his natural abilities are still there. . . but he needs to actually develop his skills now. 

all i can do is hope for the best now, but, again from a week 1 preseason game i saw some hope compared to what i saw last year. 
not much, but some. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Just flashes tho 50/50 his bullrushes get stonewalled and he just stays there like he’s waiting for someone to tell him to do something and doesn’t even end the engage with a rip, throw or anything just content with letting the olinemen win from start to finish. No emotion either which is weird esp for a young guy. Not even rah rah just nothing I don’t get it.

A rip move off of the bull rush would be lethal. Just 1-2 counter moves is all he needs 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

ultimately hes the classic case of, got by in HS and college with his natural abilities... 
in the nfl, you can see his natural abilities are still there. . . but he needs to actually develop his skills now. 

all i can do is hope for the best now, but, again from a week 1 preseason game i saw some hope compared to what i saw last year. 
not much, but some. 

The troubling thing for me is he’s had 18 months of NFL coaching and been around guys like Crosby, Koonce and Wilkins and he hasn’t even got a single counter move or any semblance of pass rush plan. Now, he has obviously worked on his get off which went from laughable to just below average but how does he not have even a spin or rip or something by now? That is unfathomable to me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

i defintely agree with the no emotion. playing beside crosby who is over animated too, i dont get it. 

the guy will see a lot of single blocks this year. Hope he wakes up. 

That’s what kills me is 1v1 he’s just out there arms extended like he’s the olineman. The emotionless even in failure is mind boggling does he even care does he want it? His play is just as emotionless tho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

The troubling thing for me is he’s had 18 months of NFL coaching and been around guys like Crosby, Koonce and Wilkins and he hasn’t even got a single counter move or any semblance of pass rush plan. Now, he has obviously worked on his get off which went from laughable to just below average but how does he not have even a spin or rip or something by now? That is unfathomable to me.

And Rob Leonard is a hell of a Dline coach. If he can't pull it out of you, you might not have it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Definitely, being slow off the line, he’s losing leverage and gives the oline the advantage. 
He then battles purely on strength.

I’d assume he doesn’t feel balanced enough to try and moves.

hopefully he can improve. 

im furthest thing from dline coach, just my observations and what makes sense in my head. 
Needs to get quicker to stop giving up position.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Definitely, being slow off the line, he’s losing leverage and gives the oline the advantage. 
He then battles purely on strength.

I’d assume he doesn’t feel balanced enough to try and moves.

hopefully he can improve. 

im furthest thing from dline coach, just my observations and what makes sense in my head. 
Needs to get quicker to stop giving up position.

Yeh, you would think the pre-season against 2nd and 3rd stringers would be the ideal time just to try some stuff out, at least get one counter move off a bull rush. I can’t believe he can’t do that yet……..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, you would think the pre-season against 2nd and 3rd stringers would be the ideal time just to try some stuff out, at least get one counter move off a bull rush. I can’t believe he can’t do that yet……..

Maybe he does not want to show it and keep it vanilla during the preseason.

22 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

A rip move off of the bull rush would be lethal. Just 1-2 counter moves is all he needs 

Or even learn the Khalil Mack one armed long arm bull rush. With his wingspan he’d be untouchable with that plus leaves the other arm free to do more damage. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

And Rob Leonard is a hell of a Dline coach. If he can't pull it out of you, you might not have it. 

This is what it seems like. I can imagine they’re coaching him up but he’s not retaining the info very good 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This is what it seems like. I can imagine they’re coaching him up but he’s not retaining the info very good 

He seemed mad chill in the press conference and I'm thinking bro show me sum if you're gonna be that smug

2 hours ago, Raiderlife24 said:

Tyree is so bad. What an awful pick. 

I think his future is a rotational DT/Starter

Whats going to be hard to fathom is McDaniels passing on CJ Stroud trade then taking his Chandler like pass rusher who was injured coming into the draft