1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

No, I don't hate everything...except coming up with lame slogans or taglines...and mediocre uniform changes (Yes, I'm talking about you Arizona 😂) It may certainly seem that way, but I'm just wholly unimpressed at this particular time. 

I've been unimpressed with the free agency acquisitions and this initial draft selection.  I think some make sense, such as the potential unloading of Zadarius and Dalvin, but I'm just having difficulty with what they are actually doing and whether it actually has a clear direction or even making an improvement.  It seems to me that many of these decisions are, at best, treading water or trying to stave off complete tanking.  They may prove me wrong.  I could be completely off-base.  I acknowledge that.  But that's just where I'm at.       

I was making a joke (apparently a bad one!) given the conversation earlier in the thread...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

jeez guys, let's reboot and get back to our shiny new toy, ok?

I guess my whole point of the blast from the past is that I see a lot of similarities between JJ and Addison.

Do I expect Addison to eventually be the best WR in the whole dang league? No. Do I expect him to be a souped up Robin to JJ's Batman? Absolutely. We are going to be happy he's a Viking. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

That's what I was saying about Jefferson last night. Very much revisionist history to say that everyone was thrilled and knew that he was going to become what he has.

I admit I wasn’t too thrilled, and had no idea that he’d be on an all-time great trajectory, but I knew that we were going to take a WR with the first pick of the 2020 draft. During this draft we had no clue what position we were going to draft with the first pick and for us to take Addison was more of a surprise in my opinion. That’s the main difference between the two scenarios. We took Addison when most people, including myself, didn’t expect a WR with the first pick of the draft.

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

Well, a plus is that he's only 21...and went to a school that produced Larry Fitzgerald (Jordan's time at Pitt was more important than at USC), but it also produced just okay players in Tyler Boyd and Antonio Bryant and a bust in Jonathan Baldwin. 

And I really think Jordan needs to hang a giant clock around his neck.

Baldwin went to a bad KC team that really didn't develop him or anybody who wasn't a RB.

In a better situation, I think he could have at minimum been a Laquon Treadwell level receiver (below average) than a major bust.

13 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

For your enjoyment

The route at 0:35 gives me HEAVY JJ vibes.

He so good at selling routes using his head thats one of the first things i noticed about him is his deceptive ability and which is where i think i got the JJ comparison.

• Like 2