1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think it's fine when people have their own unique celebrations, or even some of the choreographed team ones, but I'm over celebrations in general.  I don't generally find them offensive (although I do certainly prefer the Barry Sanders celebration method)...I just don't really care.

Celebrations need to be organic. A reaction to the moment. 

The choreographed celebrations are played out. If I wanted to watch a rehearsed bit, I’d turn on the WWE. 

• Like 3

On 5/8/2023 at 6:19 AM, swede700 said:

I think it's fine when people have their own unique celebrations, or even some of the choreographed team ones, but I'm over celebrations in general.  I don't generally find them offensive (although I do certainly prefer the Barry Sanders celebration method)...I just don't really care.

I liked them for a bit, but I don't care if they do them or not. I'd prefer more spontaneity.....but if people want to have fun at work, I'm good with that too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

I know I am.an old fuddy dude, but I don't care for Touchdown celebrations.  To quote the coach I had in Pop Warner, "act like you've been there before."  Do I think n k there ought to be a rule against celebrations?  NO!  I would prefer more personal professionalism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

I know I am.an old fuddy dude, but I don't care for Touchdown celebrations.  To quote the coach I had in Pop Warner, "act like you've been there before."  Do I think n k there ought to be a rule against celebrations?  NO!  I would prefer more personal professionalism.

It is unprofessional to celebrate and have fun? How so?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

I know I am an old fuddy dude, but I don't care for Touchdown celebrations.  To quote the coach I had in the First Punic War, "agere sicut tu ibi prius."  Do I think there ought to be a rule against celebrations?  NO!  I would prefer more personal professionalism.

As an old fuddy duddy, I can appreciate the sentiment!

2 hours ago, perrynoid said:

As an old fuddy duddy, I can appreciate the sentiment!

as an older and fuddier duddy, celebrations that are fun based come off to me as, well, fun. they make you smile and chuckle, and then it's on with the game.

it's a good thing.

3 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

It is unprofessional to celebrate and have fun? How so?

It depends.  If it happens after the game, in the locker room, great and appropriate.  When it happens on the field after EVERY touchdown, interception, sack or tackle, it seems demeaning and unprofessional.  I come from a generation that was taught that doing your job with excellence is all the attention you need.  Today, blowing your own horn seems to be a part of the equation. And the sad reality is that employers don't always notice or award excellent performance. Again, I don't thinknthe NFL should penalize celebrations.  I hope that someday they just fade away.

Just now, Captain Relax said:

It depends.  If it happens after the game, in the locker room, great and appropriate.  When it happens on the field after EVERY touchdown, interception, sack or tackle, it seems demeaning and unprofessional.  I come from a generation that was taught that doing your job with excellence is all the attention you need.  Today, blowing your own horn seems to be a part of the equation. And the sad reality is that employers don't always notice or award excellent performance. Again, I don't thinknthe NFL should penalize celebrations.  I hope that someday they just fade away.

Might be that that generation could and should lighten up a bit. Just because things were a certain doesn’t mean they should stay that way. There’s room for individualism and expression as a part of professionalism. Other teammates feed off of those kinds of things. Again - it’s a game and they should be having fun and providing entertainment. They are people out there performing at the end of the day.

I hope the “back in my day” attitude just fades away.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

Ya, we're the same generation. We were taught that for reasons that are stupid. There's nothing intrinsically demeaning at all, that's a choice made, to feel demeaned. 

• Like 1