1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

15 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

It’s a game. Games are for fun and entertainment. Let them try to entertain us.

I hope Jordan Addison has a lot of fun entertaining us for a long time.

I’m generally not annoyed with them. With one exception. After every turnover how many times do we need to see the entire defense run across the field for “team photos.” That one’s getting real tiresome. Think of something new.

As long as it doesn’t slow the game down even more ie delay of games.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Ya, we're the same generation. We were taught that for reasons that are stupid. There's nothing intrinsically demeaning at all, that's a choice made, to feel demeaned. 

Demeaning was the wrong word.  In my opinion, it's poor sportsmanship.  Again, in my opinion.  You're free to disagree.  It's simply how I was  taught and I have tried to maintain throughout my life.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Might be that that generation could and should lighten up a bit. 

I hope the “back in my day” attitude just fades away.

Hey now...I am 60 pounds lighter then I was in October!!!!!  Also, "back in my day,"  I thought we were having fun just being a team and playing the game!  But, I might be mistaken as I barely remember hanging up my leather helmet!!!!  :D

• Like 2

On 5/12/2023 at 7:33 PM, JDBrocks said:

I hope the “back in my day” attitude just fades away.

The back in my day attitude will never change...it's only the details that change.  I still like to tell my kids that back in my day, we actually had to open up an encyclopedia to get information about some topics. 

• Like 3

According to Vikings head coach Kevin O’Connell, Addison had been meeting with the staff virtually since being drafted. That work, O’Connell said, has helped Addison move “a little bit ahead” of his peers.

O’Connell: “Where he’s lining up, understanding exactly what that play means for what routes he has and how to go adjust once the picture changes when that ball’s snapped."

Addison: “It’s a lot. I’m not gonna lie. It is a lot, but you’ve just gotta put the time in. When you put your time in on your own, outside of the building, it’s going to come a lot faster. I was studying last night when they first gave us the stuff. So when I came in, I had extra time when we got in the meeting to write the plays down and look over it. I feel like I’m pretty good right now.”

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

According to Vikings head coach Kevin O’Connell, Addison had been meeting with the staff virtually since being drafted. That work, O’Connell said, has helped Addison move “a little bit ahead” of his peers.

O’Connell: “Where he’s lining up, understanding exactly what that play means for what routes he has and how to go adjust once the picture changes when that ball’s snapped."

Addison: “It’s a lot. I’m not gonna lie. It is a lot, but you’ve just gotta put the time in. When you put your time in on your own, outside of the building, it’s going to come a lot faster. I was studying last night when they first gave us the stuff. So when I came in, I had extra time when we got in the meeting to write the plays down and look over it. I feel like I’m pretty good right now.”

Addison switched from Pitt to USC and picked up the offense in one offseason to become the featured receiver in that offense. If you prorate his states over the same number of games as his sophmore season, it's pretty comparable; he just missed a few games in the middle there with an ankle injury and i believe he opted out of their bowl game.

So he's a super smart kid; i have no doubts he will be well versed with the offense by training camp.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

I wonder if we put him in the slot to start the season, or keep Osborn there?

I think the point of getting Addison is that they will all play all over. Part of the offensive design is to be unpredictable and use interchangeable parts.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I think the point of getting Addison is that they will all play all over. Part of the offensive design is to be unpredictable and use interchangeable parts.

Agreed.  All 3 of the WRs can play in the slot, as well as Hockenson, so it could vary from play to play, with various ones motioning to the slot, depending on what the defense shows them. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 6:18 AM, swede700 said:

The back in my day attitude will never change...it's only the details that change.  I still like to tell my kids that back in my day, we actually had to open up an encyclopedia to get information about some topics. 

Paper. Maps. Ugh.....so much better now. We literally know where we are w/in a few feet at all times. It really is unreal.

• Like 1