1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

I'm personally super psyched about this pick. He'll easily be our WR2, which we needed badly to take some pressure off of JJ. This guy has all the tools. 

I saw some people in here wanting us to take Joey Porter Jr with this pick which shocks me considering he wasn't taken until the last pick of the 2nd round. 

I think Addison was the right pick

22 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Laquon Treadwell is lucky that AJ Jenkins made it into the 1st round, otherwise he’d probably be the biggest 1st round wide receiver bust of this century. 

I think Corey Coleman in that same draft as Treadwell has something to say about that. Laquon has over twice as many receptions in his NFL career as Coleman, who was picked 8 spots above him.

Edited by swede700

58 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think Corey Coleman in that same draft as Treadwell has something to say about that. Laquon has over twice as many receptions in his NFL career as Coleman, who was picked 8 spots above him.

Coleman had 33 catches as a rookie. That’s 33x the amount of catches that Treadwell had as a rookie. Injuries also set Coleman back as his career went on. Treadwell doesn’t have that excuse. 

AJ Jenkins is the only first round receiver, since 2000, to record fewer targets and catches than Treadwell where injuries were not a significant factor in missed time. 

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Coleman had 33 catches as a rookie. That’s 33x the amount of catches that Treadwell had as a rookie. Injuries also set Coleman back as his career went on. Treadwell doesn’t have that excuse. 

AJ Jenkins is the only first round receiver, since 2000, to record fewer targets and catches than Treadwell where injuries were not a significant factor in missed time. 

If it was simply injuries to his hand, then the Browns wouldn't have traded him after his 2nd year...and he didn't even make it a month with the Bills or the Patriots after.  Even if he was more effective as a receiver in his first year, he hasn't even taken a snap in the NFL since 2018 while Laquon was still participating in 34% of Seattle's offensive plays last year (and still has contributed on ST his entire career).  While they're both failures (so the argument is really pointless), I'd argue that Coleman is a far bigger failure.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

injuries set Treadwell back before he was even drafted. Vikings banked on his athleticism coming back after the ankle fracture; it really never did. 

• 4 weeks later...

Back in May, rookie WR Jordan Addison encountered some kind of minor injury that caused the franchise to proceed cautiously. Meanwhile, at minicamp, Addison didn’t participate — and will be shelved until late July.

O’Connell: “We’ve had a plan in place for him and continuing to kind of build up to where he’ll be. He’ll be spending quite a bit of time continuing in his playbook. He’s been phenomenal in meetings and out here, asking great questions when they come up. My expectation is that Jordan will be full when we get going in late July.”

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/top_news/vikings-2023-minicamp?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

During an appearance on NFL Network this week, Jordan Addison said he believes he went to the “perfect organization” and shared his belief that he’ll be a good fit for what the team needs with Adam Thielen out of the picture.

Addison: “I ain’t going to get into it too much, comparing. I just know what I can do. I’m confident, and I am going to fill his shoes,”

Addison’s bid to fill those shoes is being helped by having Jefferson as a teammate. The rookie said he spent the offseason “trying to pick his brain” in order to set the Vikings up with a receiver tandem that can vault them to higher levels of success this fall.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/23/jordan-addison-confident-hell-fill-adam-thielens-shoes/

giggity.

• Like 1