Commanders select Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State with the #16 pick

MikeT14

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

"almost had"

Like I said, some real Carlos Rogers "Almost INT" vibes with him

The difference is Forbes caught an int already & he’s known as a ballhawk from college. Carlos Rogers was never known as a ballhawk, even in college, just technically sound.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I don't care. He was a top 20 pick and there were better players available when they took him. You don't have to give up nearly 200 yards in a game because you're young. I think he'll be fine and I think he'll end up being a very good players but right now its almost a bad idea to have him out on the field. He's really struggling. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The difference is Forbes caught an int already & he’s known as a ballhawk from college. Carlos Rogers was never known as a ballhawk, even in college, just technically sound.

Carlos Rogers also caught the occasional INT. I'm not concerned with his college production now. Just what he is doing for us now. And right now, I'm gonna start calling him Carlos 2.0 until he starts flipping the field when the ball hits his hands.

37 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, I don't care. He was a top 20 pick and there were better players available when they took him. You don't have to give up nearly 200 yards in a game because you're young. I think he'll be fine and I think he'll end up being a very good players but right now its almost a bad idea to have him out on the field. He's really struggling. 

Who was better? Maybe González arguably? Maybe González is too small for the NFL bc he dislocated his shoulder yesterday….

We all know this but I’ll just point out again they drafted Forbes bc of ballhawking ability which they were missing at CB.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Who was better? Maybe González arguably? Maybe González is too small for the NFL bc he dislocated his shoulder yesterday….

We all know this but I’ll just point out again they drafted Forbes bc of ballhawking ability which they were missing at CB.

Gonzalez, Kincaid, Nolan Smith, Joey Porter Jr. (IMO), Michael Mayer are the guys I would say were better. At least in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Gonzalez, Kincaid, Nolan Smith, Joey Porter Jr. (IMO), Michael Mayer are the guys I would say were better. At least in my opinion. 

Kincaid had 2 catches for 3 yards vs us.

Nolan Smith? We have pass rushers coming out the yingyang. 

Joey Porter Jr, has 1 pass defended & 4 tackles on the season. 

Forbes has 18 tackles, 5 passes defended and 1 int. GIVE ME FORBES!

Your man crush for a whole calendar year Michael Mayer has 1 catch for 2 measly yards!

STOP WITH THE MADNESS!!

If Forbes just plays as is - which I don’t expect bc he won’t be traveling w/ AJ Brown & Stephon Diggs every week - he’ll end up with 64 tackles, 4 ints and 20 passes defend as a rookie. AS A ROOKIE!

SIGN ME UP FOR THAT!

Edited by turtle28

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Kincaid had 2 catches for 3 yards vs us.

Nolan Smith? We have pass rushers coming out the yingyang. 

Joey Porter Jr, has 1 pass defended & 4 tackles on the season. 

Forbes has 18 tackles, 5 passes defended and 1 int. GIVE ME FORBES!

Your man crush for a whole calendar year Michael Mayer has 1 catch for 2 measly yards!

STOP WITH THE MADNESS!!

If Forbes just plays as is - which I don’t expect bc he won’t be traveling w/ AJ Brown & Stephon Diggs every week - he’ll end up with 64 tackles, 4 ints and 20 passes defend as a rookie. AS A ROOKIE!

SIGN ME UP FOR THAT!

Forbes has been bad. The idea that he hasn't been bad is just crazy. Porter Jr has been better. I think with how much we throw to the TE Mayer and Kincaid's numbers would be quite different here. And as far as Nolan Smith goes, all of our DE are free agents. I wouldn't have loved the pick but he was a better player than Forbes in my opinion. Look, we can sit here and pretend Forbes size isn't an issue but he got bullied by Brown and he cannot help in the run game at all. Also, I said IN MY OPINION. Gonzalez doesn't need an explanation. 

Also, you can't just leave out the Denver game. He got roasted in that game as well. He got an interception so people were okay with it but he was not good. He's had about as rough a start to a career as can be had. Doesn't mean I think he's going to suck or its the end of the world. I still think he's going to be a fine player but there's other guys I would've picked over him. 

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Forbes has been bad. The idea that he hasn't been bad is just crazy. Porter Jr has been better. I think with how much we throw to the TE Mayer and Kincaid's numbers would be quite different here. And as far as Nolan Smith goes, all of our DE are free agents. I wouldn't have loved the pick but he was a better player than Forbes in my opinion. Look, we can sit here and pretend Forbes size isn't an issue but he got bullied by Brown and he cannot help in the run game at all. Also, I said IN MY OPINION. Gonzalez doesn't need an explanation. 

Also, you can't just leave out the Denver game. He got roasted in that game as well. He got an interception so people were okay with it but he was not good. He's had about as rough a start to a career as can be had. Doesn't mean I think he's going to suck or its the end of the world. I still think he's going to be a fine player but there's other guys I would've picked over him. 

What are you basing Porter being better off of?

And regardless we both know it doesn’t make much sense to have this conversation and act like it actually means something at this point. It’s 4 games into their careers. They’ve all been either inconsistent or not had a huge impact on their teams so far but it’s only the first month of their rookie seasons.

Let’s look back on this after the season or really we both know you can’t truly evaluate a draft pick/draft class until they’ve been in the league 2 or 3 years. 

Kincaid & Mayer don’t even start and I don’t think they’d start here either regardless of what yours and others dreams were. Logan was always going to be our starter this season. Maybe Kincaid, Mayer or Musgrave beat out Turner but that would’ve been a competition.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What are you basing Porter being better off of?

And regardless we both know it doesn’t make much sense to have this conversation and act like it actually means something at this point. It’s 4 games into their careers. They’ve all been either inconsistent or not had a huge impact on their teams so far but it’s only the first month of their rookie seasons.

Let’s look back on this after the season or really we both know you can’t truly evaluate a draft pick/draft class until they’ve been in the league 2 or 3 years. 

Kincaid & Mayer don’t even start and I don’t think they’d start here either regardless of what yours and others dreams were. Logan was always going to be our starter this season. Maybe Kincaid, Mayer or Musgrave beat out Turner but that would’ve been a competition.

You asked who I would've taken over him and I told you. Those are the guys I would've taken over Forbes. I didn't say he sucks. 

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You asked who I would've taken over him and I told you. Those are the guys I would've taken over Forbes. I didn't say he sucks. 

Yeah and I asked why? And then you said because Forbes has been bad but it hasn’t been all bad. 5 passes defended & an int is not all bad. That puts him on pace for 20 passes defended and 4 ints.

Then you said Joey Porter Jr has been better but gave no reason on why that may be true.

And as I said before any TE we would’ve drafted would’ve had Cole Turner or John Bates’s role if it was Mayer we drafted. Logan Thomas is our starter and the tough catches he’s made in the past few weeks over the middle - one for a TD vs Denver is why.

Just because you wanted to draft someone instead of who we did draft or want something to be true doesn’t mean it’s true.

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah and I asked why? And then you said because Forbes has been bad but it hasn’t been all bad. 5 passes defended & an int is not all bad. That puts him on pace for 20 passes defended and 4 ints.

Then you said Joey Porter Jr has been better but gave no reason on why that may be true.

And as I said before any TE we would’ve drafted would’ve had Cole Turner’s role. Logan Thomas is our starter and the tough catches he’s made in the past few weeks over the middle - one for a TD vs Denver is why.

Just because you wanted to draft someone instead of who we did draft or want something to be true doesn’t mean it’s true.

He's graded out better at the moment and I liked Porter Jr more than Forbes. Logan Thomas is at the tail end of his career and he's gone after this season. Cole Turner is a decent second option but he's not a gamebreaker like Kincaid or Mayer potentially are. You being butt hurt that I didn't agree with the Forbes pick is a you thing. Not a me thing. And yes, I'm not going to pretend he was the best corner on the board at the time because he wasn't. I would've taken Porter Jr and Gonzalez over him.