Commanders select Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State with the #16 pick

MikeT14

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I just want to see this guy be great he plays with all the things I value and love about the position. I really am happy to admit I was way too low on him going through this process because I was so high on those Illinois DB’s  and Gonzalez size and movement that I completely overlooked this guys game. So happy he’s here and that our FO made these top 2 picks I think we got amazing value in a draft class that didn’t have a ton to love.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I just want to see this guy be great he plays with all the things I value and love about the position. I really am happy to admit I was way too low on him going through this process because I was so high on those Illinois DB’s  and Gonzalez size and movement that I completely overlooked this guys game. So happy he’s here and that our FO made these top 2 picks I think we got amazing value in a draft class that didn’t have a ton to love.

I did the same thing with Forbes. I had others above him bc of their size vs his but his playmaking ability and natural instincts can't be denied, he should make a big difference on the perimeter of our D & hopefully both he & Fuller can have some big time ints this year & either a pick 6 or two.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Troublez said:

I am very pleased to hear that everyone is warming up to Forbes. I was ecstatic with the pick... and then even more so with Quan Martin.... I think we will reflect fondly on this draft.

How had you gotten to know about him. I follow fairly cloely but he didn't seem to pop up on the radar, Not highly touted pre draft . OR, did I just miss it . 

20 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Forbes 

Fred Smoot and Logan Paulson wouldn't shut up about him in late March, first I've heard of the kid. But the things they were saying - were skills that I covet... and then I watched his tape.... and really liked the efficiencies in his game, i.e. anticipation and speed. Comparatively, Gonzo looked like a damn fool playing in a lesser division. 

It was kind of funny though, Fred Smoot was raving about his football iq, which he knew about bc he picked the kids brain for hours. But - when Forbes was drafted, someone asked him about Smoot and he said "he is a Mississippi State legend, but we've never talked."

I was laughing so hard!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Fred Smoot and Logan Paulson wouldn't shut up about him in late March, first I've heard of the kid. But the things they were saying - were skills that I covet... and then I watched his tape.... and really liked the efficiencies in his game, i.e. anticipation and speed. Comparatively, Gonzo looked like a damn fool playing in a lesser division. 

It was kind of funny though, Fred Smoot was raving about his football iq, which he knew about bc he picked the kids brain for hours. But - when Forbes was drafted, someone asked him about Smoot and he said "he is a Mississippi State legend, but we've never talked."

I was laughing so hard!

wow, that Smoot story. Really bashes his credibility ,.. Thanks for the info-good insight-appreciate it . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 11:26 PM, Troublez said:

I am very pleased to hear that everyone is warming up to Forbes. I was ecstatic with the pick... and then even more so with Quan Martin.... I think we will reflect fondly on this draft.

I think so too although I think everyone should be prepared that Quan Martin will most likely be our #4 CB this year/4th safety behind Fuller, Forbes & Juice at CB/Curl, DeFo/Butler at S. He’ll mostly just be a special teams guy.

Edited by turtle28

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They should've picked Gonzalez. 

I think so too, but it's too early to tell how it plays out long-term. Forbes is still more of a ball hawk and we need that bc Juice while having great size for a CB & being great in coverage has Carlos Rogers hands. 😂