2023 EC Semifinals: (2) Boston Celtics vs (3) Philadelphia 76ers

11sanchez11

7 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Nuggets would beat them imo. Just from a matchup standpoint. Celtics over Lakers or Suns though. Luckily for Boston the Lakers match up pretty well with the Nuggets so that'll be a tough series.

I'm not so sure about that. It'll depend on the Celtics' shooting. The Celtics defend at a high level and have bigs who can at least put up a fight against Jokic.

40 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

From a matchup standpoint, the Cs look great on paper against the Nugs? 

There's maybe 3 defenders in the NBA who have a shot at slowing down Jokic. The Celtics don't have any of them. Nuggets have wing defenders to throw at the Jays just like they have KD in the Suns series. Celtics shoot a ton of 3s when the Nuggets biggest weakness defensively is at the rim. The C's are a great team and have a chance against any team in a series of course, including the Nuggets, but where is this a particularly good matchup for them over another? I don't see that.

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

There's maybe 3 defenders in the NBA who have a shot at slowing down Jokic. The Celtics don't have any of them. Nuggets have wing defenders to throw at the Jays just like they have KD in the Suns series. Celtics shoot a ton of 3s when the Nuggets biggest weakness defensively is at the rim. The C's are a great team and have a chance against any team in a series of course, including the Nuggets, but where is this a particularly good matchup for them over another? I don't see that.

Let me introduce you to Al Horford, as good as any other option to throw at Jokic

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Let me introduce you to Al Horford, as good as any other option to throw at Jokic

If you think that then yeah the matchup looks a lot better. I don't know that I trust old man Al in a 7 game series vs Jokic though. Obviously Jokic is gonna get his no matter what but the only guys left in the playoffs I would trust to do "well" in a series vs him is AD and Embiid. Though I will say I think the Celtics have the help defense necessary to cut off a lot of Jokic's playmaking abilities and turn him into a scorer, as the Warriors have done in the past for example. Jokic can still score very well lol, but better than letting him slice you up for 15+ assists.

15 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

If you think that then yeah the matchup looks a lot better. I don't know that I trust old man Al in a 7 game series vs Jokic though. Obviously Jokic is gonna get his no matter what but the only guys left in the playoffs I would trust to do "well" in a series vs him is AD and Embiid. Though I will say I think the Celtics have the help defense necessary to cut off a lot of Jokic's playmaking abilities and turn him into a scorer, as the Warriors have done in the past for example. Jokic can still score very well lol, but better than letting him slice you up for 15+ assists.

Horford has been giving Embiid fits. He'll be able to hold his own against Jokic, especially with the defenders around him who can help.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Horford has been giving Embiid fits. He'll be able to hold his own against Jokic, especially with the defenders around him who can help.

Jokic basically makes helping pointless.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Jokic is the best player in the world. It is not about stopping him. I feel great about the Cs putting pressure on Murray. 

It's moot, the Cs have to beat the Sixers and it's not a given.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I don't think there's anyone who can guard Jokic. But I think Al/Rob is as good a tandem as any. 

Draymond Green can shut down Jokic. All it takes is a well-timed and well-aimed shot to the groin.

I'm not understanding why so many are thinking this is a given the Celtics win. If Harden has a good game then the 76ers should win. Embiid and Maxey have been pretty consistent the last few games but Harden is the one that has big variation of performances. Tatum for some reason always starts out slow and this was the case last postseason as well. Brown plays well early on and then isn't involved as much in the 2nd half. This will be a close one coming down to the last few minutes. 

Harden vs Tatum in the clutch. I think Harden makes a big shot to clinch the game. 

76ers 96

Celtics 92

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not understanding why so many are thinking this is a given the Celtics win. If Harden has a good game then the 76ers should win. Embiid and Maxey have been pretty consistent the last few games but Harden is the one that has big variation of performances. Tatum for some reason always starts out slow and this was the case last postseason as well. Brown plays well early on and then isn't involved as much in the 2nd half. This will be a close one coming down to the last few minutes. 

Harden vs Tatum in the clutch. I think Harden makes a big shot to clinch the game. 

76ers 96

Celtics 92

Ehhh what's up Doc? Ready to add another classic piece to your untouchable game 7 legacy?

9 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Ehhh what's up Doc? Ready to add another classic piece to your untouchable game 7 legacy?

This is for sure the biggest worry for the 76ers lol. 

But they are just the better team when they get even just good but not great play from Harden.