2.50 - Jayden Reed [WR; Michigan State]

CWood21

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I saw those things too.  In the Senior Bowl drill.  No pass rush.  No safety help, LB help....etc.

And I wasn't sure if he was beating someone legit or someone who would be flipping burgers in a few weeks.

Mmm burgers

13 minutes ago, R T said:

I will believe that Reed is the player they wanted and felt they could get away with the move back, BUT to think that only one player was an option there would probably be naive on our parts. It is also possible that they trick bagged themselves there with the first trade back of 3 spots. Maybe White and Martin (both were 30-visits) were the next two players on their board they wanted and were ok with either and were confident one would be there 3 picks later only to get bitten. 

I don't think White was an option there after LVN selection. I also think we'd have just taken Branch or Martin at 45 if we wanted them badly. It was a position of need and value equal to TE where we had just used a pick. So it's clear that Musgrave was definitely a tier above Branch and Martin for us. 

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I saw those things too.  In the Senior Bowl drill.  No pass rush.  No safety help, LB help....etc.

And I wasn't sure if he was beating someone legit or someone who would be flipping burgers in a few weeks.

It's the Senior Bowl. No one is flipping burgers who makes the Senior Bowl.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think White was an option there after LVN selection. I also think we'd have just taken Branch or Martin at 45 if we wanted them badly. It was a position of need and value equal to TE where we had just used a pick. So it's clear that Musgrave was definitely a tier above Branch and Martin for us. 

I said nothing about Branch. The Packers took two lesser versions of White in the 4th and 6th, after he made a 30-visit to say he wasn't an option is probably denial. They doubled down on TE early and did the same with defensive front 5 types later, yet White wasn't an option? 

As for just taking someone at 45, I already explained the possible reasoning behind that.  

1 minute ago, R T said:

I said nothing about Branch. The Packers took two lesser versions of White in the 4th and 6th, after he made a 30-visit to say he wasn't an option is probably denial. They doubled down on TE early and did the same with defensive front 5 types later, yet White wasn't an option? 

As for just taking someone at 45, I already explained the possible reasoning behind that.  

It's just as likely they decide they DON'T like a guy after a visit, too.

On 5/1/2023 at 9:24 AM, incognito_man said:

First part, yes. 

He's going to lead our team in receptions probably already by the 2nd half of the season in 2023. But for sure by 2024.

Watson 76, 1123, 9

Doubs 59, 755, 7

Reed 64, 731, 4

3rd WR in production.

Edited by fattlipp

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's just as likely they decide they DON'T like a guy after a visit, too.

It's just as likely they decided they still liked the guy after his visit, too. 

You might want to reread my original comment on this, you seem to think I'm of a different opinion than I am. 

Just pointing out that it could have been different than what many think it was and there is no right or wrong answer until someone from inside their walls states otherwise.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, R T said:

It's just as likely they decided they still liked the guy after his visit, too. 

You might want to reread my original comment on this, you seem to think I'm of a different opinion than I am. 

Just pointing out that it could have been different than what many think it was and there is no right or wrong answer until someone from inside their walls states otherwise.  

Just feels like an unnecessary risk to move down unless you're really really confident (at least one of) your guy(s) will be there after you do.

And I combine that with the situation where Reed is widely viewed as a "reach" to conclude he very very likely would have been the pick at 45 if we had stayed, because the next guys taken were undoubtedly viewed as high risk of being selected in that area by our staff.

I think it's unlikely any of them were at the top of our board because of that. I think it's far more likely Reed was at the top of our board at 45.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

It's the Senior Bowl. No one is flipping burgers who makes the Senior Bowl.

Can I insert "selling insurance" in place of flipping burgers?

Looks like for 2022, about 86% of those who attended the Senior Bowl were drafted.  Not sure about this year.  

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Looks like for 2022, about 86% of those who attended the Senior Bowl were drafted.  Not sure about this year.  

"About 86%" is a very mystifying announcement. 

"About" implies guesswork

"86%" is a level of specificity that implies research was actually done 

Edited by incognito_man

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

The guy he was burning in that video is Mekhi Blackmon, the Vikings 2nd pick in this draft. So, we have video of Reed burning Blackmon and Musgrave burning Jay Ward (another Vikings pick). :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Unless the number he calculated during his research was so specific that he felt that rounding would benefit the layman.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Going to rename incognito-man into layman.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1