2.50 - Jayden Reed [WR; Michigan State]

CWood21

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Reed is more Hill than other, less athletic guys. He moves more like him. His RAS is not indicative of his on-field movement ability. It's pretty obvious when you watch them, Reed has elite movement skills - even if they are a half-tier below Hill, they're closer to him than the guys below them.

I agree with you for the most part.

I'd put Reed a full tier to two tiers under Hill because Hill is and was that much of a unicorn concerning his athletic prowess.

Which is why I put him the Diggs category.  And again, we use Reed differently than how Diggs was and is used.

We use Reed very similarly to how Hill was used as a rookie in KC.

Not sure if you watched it, but due to your challenge, I watched a video on the internet.  Youtube.  Searched for Tyreek Hill rookie highlights.   A lot of jet sweep stuff in there.  Some RB.  You are right, they look similar.  One guy is just a much better athlete and creates more space on the field.  And that becomes even more evident on kickoff and punt returns.  Also very evident on the deep shots that Hill was catching as a rookie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

My wife won't let me see strippers anymore.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

My wife won't let me see strippers anymore.

If you try Melatonin, you can see the strippers in your dreams and she wont know....unless you talk in your sleep.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I agree with you for the most part.

I'd put Reed a full tier to two tiers under Hill because Hill is and was that much of a unicorn concerning his athletic prowess.

Which is why I put him the Diggs category.  And again, we use Reed differently than how Diggs was and is used.

We use Reed very similarly to how Hill was used as a rookie in KC.

Not sure if you watched it, but due to your challenge, I watched a video on the internet.  Youtube.  Searched for Tyreek Hill rookie highlights.   A lot of jet sweep stuff in there.  Some RB.  You are right, they look similar.  One guy is just a much better athlete and creates more space on the field.  And that becomes even more evident on kickoff and punt returns.  Also very evident on the deep shots that Hill was catching as a rookie.

I watch them too actually and you're right, it was actually kinda cool seeing the similar usage. Really stood out to me that "wow, MLF is using him exactly like Reid used Hill right away". 

I wonder if that means MLF sees him as Hill? Or, as you say, Hill (light)?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I watch them too actually and you're right, it was actually kinda cool seeing the similar usage. Really stood out to me that "wow, MLF is using him exactly like Reid used Hill right away". 

I wonder if that means MLF sees him as Hill? Or, as you say, Hill (light)?

Not being a Chiefs fan back then, I had no idea how Hill was used.

But....I don't care how stubborn anyone is or can be....there is a lot of similarity in how we use Reed when compared to how the Chiefs used Rookie Hill.  

One can only hope that MLF sees him that way and starts opening up the offense on the deep crossers for Reed.  I don't feel like he will create the separation that Hill did or does, because few ever do.  But Reed should create plenty as he is a plus athlete on the field.

I'll end my part of this.....I can easily call him Hill Light or Different Use Diggs.  LOL.

But that was a fun video to watch (Hill rookie highlights), I recommend that to anyone as it is very similar to what Reed's highlights will look like from this year.  Except for the punts and kickoff stuff.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...