Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

16 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'd love for Rosen to fall to us. I just think there are too many QB needing teams out there willing to trade up for him. I don't really want to sit at 6 unless we pull in a QB good enough to start for a couple years, at least. 

I would love Rosen in general but we have to trade with Browns to do so. If we cant land Couins, we might have to pull the trigger. If we do land Kirk, well I would look to trade down and stock pile 2s and 3s. 

I still have the same feeling that this draft is WAY different from the last 20 plus years. You have NEVER had 6 QB that could go in the first round. My list right now in order is 1. Darnold, 2. Rosen 3. Mayfield 4. Allen 5. Rudolph. 6. Falk. I left Lamar Jackson out because he is not an NFL QB. He does have a chance of being drafted in the first tho. My point is this WHY trade up if you have 5-6 guys who have not really separated themselves and you are going to trade away the next 2 to 3 draft years to move up. Remember there have been a lot of bad QB drafted high that have tanked. Just look back a few years and you have Bortles, Winston, Mariota, and RG3. Yes I know Wentz did turn out pretty well but the odds are way against you. Please don't tell me that Mariota and Bortles are good QB. They are average at best and did not turn in the high draft pick they were taken at. The top 6 will stay and the picks from 7-15 will see a lot of trades. People moving around to pick the 4-6 QB on there list and it will be a lot cheaper to move up to the middle than the top. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I still have the same feeling that this draft is WAY different from the last 20 plus years. You have NEVER had 6 QB that could go in the first round. My list right now in order is 1. Darnold, 2. Rosen 3. Mayfield 4. Allen 5. Rudolph. 6. Falk. I left Lamar Jackson out because he is not an NFL QB. He does have a chance of being drafted in the first tho. My point is this WHY trade up if you have 5-6 guys who have not really separated themselves and you are going to trade away the next 2 to 3 draft years to move up. Remember there have been a lot of bad QB drafted high that have tanked. Just look back a few years and you have Bortles, Winston, Mariota, and RG3. Yes I know Wentz did turn out pretty well but the odds are way against you. Please don't tell me that Mariota and Bortles are good QB. They are average at best and did not turn in the high draft pick they were taken at. The top 6 will stay and the picks from 7-15 will see a lot of trades. People moving around to pick the 4-6 QB on there list and it will be a lot cheaper to move up to the middle than the top. 

Because in the draft process, when you evaluate QBs, there are ones you like and ones you don’t like. You don’t just take “whoever” is left over. Just because there’s 6 guys (I haven’t seen any mocks that have all 6 of those guys going round 1) doesn’t mean they believe all 6 will be good. The best QBs go early, that’s just the way the draft is. If they really covet say Rosen, they will have to trade up. If they don’t grade Mayfield high, then there’s no reason to take him at 6 just because he’s a QB. Let’s say they have Mayfield as the #1 player on their board, they still most likely would need to trade up to assure they land him. It’s about how the GM views each player individually. If they want any of the top 3 QBs come draft day, they are probably going to need to move up to assure it.

59 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

There is no chance of this happening. He is by far the most polished of any QB in this draft and the safest as well. Giants will not pass up on him if the Browns dont select him. While I understand what you're saying, that is a complete pipe dream. He may not ever be elite, but in terms of a prospect, he checks all the boxes and has the tape. Giants are going to get a good one. 

Typical. Giants get their franchise guy and will be right back in the thick of things next year while the Jets wallow in the midst of mediocrity. You know it’s true.. lol

11 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Typical. Giants get their franchise guy and will be right back in the thick of things next year while the Jets wallow in the midst of mediocrity. You know it’s true.. lol

I could not agree more, the Giants have been one of the best run NFL teams for 60 years. They had a bad team in the post Y.A.Title era for ten years they were bad, because they had bad QB's during that period of time, but they never let that happen again. Our ownership is a joke, the only top management we ever had was during the Sonny Werblin, Weeb Ewbank. era. Where do you think Woody will be during the FA period & on draft day, he will be getting ready for Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wedding, in London.

First the Giants had Phill Simms,then Eli Manning who is next Rosen or Darnell. Who have we had over that period of time, bad draft picks or Vet QB;;s from other teams who were at the end of their careers.

Was just listening to Schefter on ESPN radio with Stephen A. on the way home from the gym. Right as I turned it on I caught the very tail end of Jets talk.. Schefter said the Jets would look to upgrade QB and will look into varuous options.. mentioned Cousins specifically, but feels the Jets would be open to bringing McCown back. 

Stephen A then asked which QB teams around the league looking for a QB prefer.. Cousins vs Alex Smith. Schefter said it’s close but he believes teams actually have more interest in Alex Smith. Just thought that was interesting. I don’t think Cousins is as highly regarded around the league and with GMs as he is here. Just what I got from it hearing Schefter talk. I hope we make a fair, competitive offer, not some crazy frontloaded highest paid QB ever deal, and do it quickly. He doesn’t want to play here or wants more money we can move on fast.

32 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Was just listening to Schefter on ESPN radio with Stephen A. on the way home from the gym. Right as I turned it on I caught the very tail end of Jets talk.. Schefter said the Jets would look to upgrade QB and will look into varuous options.. mentioned Cousins specifically, but feels the Jets would be open to bringing McCown back. 

Stephen A then asked which QB teams around the league looking for a QB prefer.. Cousins vs Alex Smith. Schefter said it’s close but he believes teams actually have more interest in Alex Smith. Just thought that was interesting. I don’t think Cousins is as highly regarded around the league and with GMs as he is here. Just what I got from it hearing Schefter talk. I hope we make a fair, competitive offer, not some crazy frontloaded highest paid QB ever deal, and do it quickly. He doesn’t want to play here or wants more money we can move on fast.

Of course teams will be interested in Smith more. Bc he will cost 1/2 the price if cut or even traded. It will also be a lot easier to try and get Smith without tags and such. I think it’s onky 2-3 teams in on Cousins and e are one of them. And that’s msinly bc if price and we have over 100mill of it to spend. Still Washington is in the drivers seats with him though.

22 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Disagree with your assessment of Jackson.  I'd take him 10 times out of 10 over Allen.  I like Falk but I wouldn't touch him until round 3.  There are 3 clear QB's that have separated themselves the rest have flaws.

Top 5 worthy
1. Darnold
2. Rosen
3. Mayfield

1st round worthy
4. Jackson

2nd rounders
5. Allen
6. Rudolph 

3rd rounder
7. Falk

I just feel this is a weak top of the draft class. It’s actyally not bad for depth, but it lacks difference makers I think. I want to keep comparing to the 2011 draft (Cam Newton draft), to prove that these QBs aren’t worthy of where we all have them going. In 2011 after Cam... Locker went 8, Gabbert 10 and Ponder 12. I don’t know about you guys but I thought they were all overhyped just bc they play QB. I feel this way about a lot of these guys this year. I see Rosen as a legit guy, but after that I see some ok guys. To go back to using that draft as an example Dalton and Karl went at the top of Round 2 and both were way more successful than those 3. Biggest difference between that draft and this one? The other positions talent. That draft had, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Von Miller, JJ Watt, Patrick Peterson, Tyron Smith to name a few (all drafted top 11). This draft lacks talent and I think is making teams like us reach for a QB.

22 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah being a Jets fan really is the definition of insanity lol. Im very optimistic about this offseason...I just have a good feeling we are going to really improve a lot. The Kool Aid im drinking might be making me drunk but Im sticking to it!

37 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Of course teams will be interested in Smith more. Bc he will cost 1/2 the price if cut or even traded. It will also be a lot easier to try and get Smith without tags and such. I think it’s onky 2-3 teams in on Cousins and e are one of them. And that’s msinly bc if price and we have over 100mill of it to spend. Still Washington is in the drivers seats with him though.

The way the question was asked seemed more like “ which QB do teams like more” I’m not sure if he was factoring in cost etc. could have been though 

Archived