Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah i agree and i wont be. I hope he does and I like that he is a professional, so we will see. I still like Teddy Bridgewater, and if we explore that option, than I would bring in Bell and a WR and build up the trenches as we could be a real tough team with him, and it would allow us to really plug  up other holes. Teddy wont be even half as expensive. 

I don't think Bridgewater is going any where, after the egg Case Keenum, laid yesterday.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

that cleveland who went winless is a better destination then the jets who were highly competitive and have 100 million in cap space?

Competitive doesn’t mean anything. Ask the players that. Didn’t the Browns lose a ton of games by a field goal? That’s competitive too.

The Browns have the same amount of space and more building blocks. IMO Hugh Jacksin is Todd Bowles on offense. Great OC, awful HC. From a personnel perspective, what exactly makes the Jets so much better?

You guys are not a Kirk Cousins away from contending. I don't see Jets being a landing spot because it makes no sense for both parties.

I think it'll come down to Denver or Buffalo personally but Denver will need to move either Chris Harris or a combination of Aqib Talib and Emmanuel Sanders in order to eat the Contract.

I can see Buffalo front loading a 6/150 contract  

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

The Jets are a pretty miserable franchise as well. The Browns have younger and more talent, and can offer just as much money. I think Kirk is a focused guy who doesn’t care about the “stardom” and would probably not be fond of the NY media.

From a pure football perspective, what is more attractive about the Jets than the Browns?

Yes, the Jets are

But the Browns are on another level 

I might not necessarily like them, but we at least have smart people in our building

The Browns definitely do not and haven't for my entire lifetime

9 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

You guys are not a Kirk Cousins away from contending. I don't see Jets being a landing spot because it makes no sense for both parties.

I think it'll come down to Denver or Buffalo personally but Denver will need to move either Chris Harris or a combination of Aqib Talib and Emmanuel Sanders in order to eat the Contract.

I can see Buffalo front loading a 6/150 contract  

Lol

8 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Yes, the Jets are

But the Browns are on another level 

I might not necessarily like them, but we at least have smart people in our building

The Browns definitely do not and haven't for my entire lifetime

Im not so sure the Jets have smart people here. I actually think it’s probably the opposite because we have an owner who’s not a football guy that tries to be a football guy.

All I’m saying is that from a pure football standpoint, the Browns arent much worse off than the Jets. 

Luckily for them they have 2 top 4 picks so I wouldn’t even bother with Cousins. 

All 3 of the Vikings QBs know how much they can bring in on the market. Might be a challenge for them to keep 2 out of 3. 

Because of Bates and how much Bowles wants to run the ball, I'm really interested in seeing the type of QB we'll aim for in FA/TRADE

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Competitive doesn’t mean anything. Ask the players that. Didn’t the Browns lose a ton of games by a field goal? That’s competitive too.

The Browns have the same amount of space and more building blocks. IMO Hugh Jacksin is Todd Bowles on offense. Great OC, awful HC. From a personnel perspective, what exactly makes the Jets so much better?

More building blocks but they won 1 game in 2 years. They didn't win a game all year. If you think that makes them more attractive than the jets...there is legit no point in having this conversation you'll never be convinced otherwise. This is a thread about the Jets getting Kirk Cousins and youre actually trying to make a case for why the BROWNS are going to be the best choice for him. 

30 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Damn Haley went to the Browns. I wonder if Bowles really wanted him or not?

Dunno.  Maybe he is afraid of him. lol.  Maybe Bates is locked for OC promotion because both Bowles and Maccagnan like him.  Macc is familiar with Bates' offense by working with Gary Kubiak in Houston.

Archived