Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

@Thaiphoon Can you give us your input on how you think the Redskins will handle the Kirk Cousins situation?!?!

At this point, they are out of options. They have mishandled him for years. So they are left with the following options (and my guess as to the likelihood):

1) Let him go without the tag in Free Agency = 0% (likelihood)

They can't let him go into FA as an UFA. They will most certainly lose him. But then they get the 3rd round 2019 pick as compensation. Not enough compensation for him at this point in his career and what he can bring to a team.

2) Transition tag him = 10% 

This is an attractive option. It allows the team to allow other teams to set the market for him and then try to match. The problem is that there are other teams that can make his year 1 contract hard for the Redskins to match. And if they tag him and lose him, they get no compensation.

3) Work out a LTD  = 20%

Its quite possible that Cousins was making the team audition for him this year and has decided to finally work out the LTD. All it would take is $1 more than the Stafford deal to do it.

This could also happen after a Franchise Tag (see below)

4) Franchise tag = 70% 

This is the most likely eventuality. I think Bruce tags him again. This time it HAS to be the Exclusive Tag. So the Redskins tag him. At this point, there are three options.

a) Cousins signs the tag an works out a LTD (see #3)

b) Cousins plays on the tag again

c) The Redskins tell Cousins its ok to talk to other teams to work out a deal and the Redskins trade him for picks.

Personally, I'm going with 4b

35 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

At this point, they are out of options. They have mishandled him for years. So they are left with the following options (and my guess as to the likelihood):

1) Let him go without the tag in Free Agency = 0% (likelihood)

They can't let him go into FA as an UFA. They will most certainly lose him. But then they get the 3rd round 2019 pick as compensation. Not enough compensation for him at this point in his career and what he can bring to a team.

2) Transition tag him = 10% 

This is an attractive option. It allows the team to allow other teams to set the market for him and then try to match. The problem is that there are other teams that can make his year 1 contract hard for the Redskins to match. And if they tag him and lose him, they get no compensation.

3) Work out a LTD  = 20%

Its quite possible that Cousins was making the team audition for him this year and has decided to finally work out the LTD. All it would take is $1 more than the Stafford deal to do it.

This could also happen after a Franchise Tag (see below)

4) Franchise tag = 70% 

This is the most likely eventuality. I think Bruce tags him again. This time it HAS to be the Exclusive Tag. So the Redskins tag him. At this point, there are three options.

a) Cousins signs the tag an works out a LTD (see #3)

b) Cousins plays on the tag again

c) The Redskins tell Cousins its ok to talk to other teams to work out a deal and the Redskins trade him for picks.

Personally, I'm going with 4b

??hey what are you doing here .?

35 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Name me ten quarters backs better than him ?Than maybe I'd agree .

Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Ben, Wentz, Goff, Rivers, Matt Ryan, Wilson, and Stafford. I normally don't hear " Elite" until they put up record-breaking stats or leads their team as Playoff/superbowl contenders. You posted one year of stats that we've seen Fitzpatrick accomplish in year 1 and McCown could have possibly reached if he was healthy.  I'm willing to give him a big contract but I won't call him elite until I see him really light it up. It may not be his fault because I recently mentioned the lack of talent he was surrounded by, but I can't put him up there in the same category with Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. 

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Ben, Wentz, Goff, Rivers, Matt Ryan, Wilson, and Stafford. I normally don't hear " Elite" until they put up record-breaking stats or leads their team as Playoff/superbowl contenders. You posted one year of stats that we've seen Fitzpatrick accomplish in year 1 and McCown could have possibly reached if he was healthy.  I'm willing to give him a big contract but I won't call him elite until I see him really light it up. It may not be his fault because I recently mentioned the lack of talent he was surrounded by, but I can't put him up there in the same category with Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. 

U agree with you ! So true 

48 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we’d give up one of our 2nd Rounders for him. 

Dude kirk cousins is overrated . He had a great year in 2015 and 2016 was good to . But for his price and this past year it wasn't the same .

he was a checkdoen artist this year and he chockes in big games . I mean I'd take that second round pick !

21 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Dude kirk cousins is overrated . He had a great year in 2015 and 2016 was good to . But for his price and this past year it wasn't the same .

he was a checkdoen artist this year and he chockes in big games . I mean I'd take that second round pick !

He had no receivers this year.  Snap out of it

36 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

He had no receivers this year.  Snap out of it

Bro he had Jordan reed and Crowder and a first round pick wr . You snap out of it . Losing Garçon and Jackson did hurt but it's not like his wr core was god awful. And he had Thompson who's a good receiving RB. Our radio host Chris Cooley ( former TE) always saids he misses guys . Pryor was a previous 1000 yard reciever to and imo was misused .

Like  I said take him .. if I liked him I would be defending him hardcore . 

have you seen Kirk play 16 games yes or no .

8 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Bro he had Jordan reed and Crowder and a first round pick wr . You snap out of it . Losing Garçon and Jackson did hurt but it's not like his wr core was god awful. And he had Thompson who's a good receiving RB. Our radio host Chris Cooley ( former TE) always saids he misses guys . Pryor was a previous 1000 yard reciever to and imo was misused .

Like  I said take him .. if I liked him I would be defending him hardcore . 

Defend your argument you would know better . Your a redskins fan like me and seen him since 2012.

Totally can understand the frustration. But the Jets organization is starving for a good QB, have a ton of cap space and don’t draft until 6... he’s probably our best case scenario this offseason. That’s if he even becomes available somehow.

Archived