Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Do you think since we have to spend so much this off season that thats direction he goes again? Signing vets and making it where we can get out after 2yrs? Bc I hate that approach. This years approach needs to be more on getting good young pieces even if it means overspending bc quite frankly we can and that’s what we will need to do to entice star players, bc we aren’t the most desirable franchise.

I think it will be a different crop compared to 2015 we won't got quite as old because our roster is structured differently. I fully expect us to have out contracts with lots of guaranteed money early so we can get out of it if needed though.

11 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think it will be a different crop compared to 2015 we won't got quite as old because our roster is structured differently. I fully expect us to have out contracts with lots of guaranteed money early so we can get out of it if needed though.

I think you are right. Macc came out and said the Jets will be aggressive this year in signing players that are able to help not just this year but in the long-term. That sounds to me like they are going to go hard after the top young free-agents. 

17 hours ago, doumeyer said:

The number and stats Cousins, put up are fantastic when you look at the roster he had to work with. And Cousins did not struggle at all you can blame the other 52 players on the roster not Cousins.  

Not knocking his numbers, but McCown prob could put up 3500 yards with Garcon, D-Jax, and Jordan Reed in their prime.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not knocking his numbers, but McCown prob could put up 3500 yards with Garcon, D-Jax, and Jordan Reed in their prime.

Imagine Kirk with healthy weapons. D-Jackson and Anderson are comparable players, ASJ is a healthier Reed if we land Cousins he's my favorite Jets to have a big year, Garcon is better than any single receiver we have IMO but I think a healthy Enunwa and Kearse we could have just as much fire power.

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

Imagine Kirk with healthy weapons. D-Jackson and Anderson are comparable players, ASJ is a healthier Reed if we land Cousins he's my favorite Jets to have a big year, Garcon is better than any single receiver we have IMO but I think a healthy Enunwa and Kearse we could have just as much fire power.

It sure would be interesting, I still got that thought in the back of my mind that the Redskins are going to keep him. I know about the money thing that the Skins would have to eat a tremendous amount of money to keep him. But at this point what is their option. They do have the 13 overall pick in the draft, but what are the chances one of the QB will fall to them. I am worried that some team is going to get the Colts pick in the draft and go for a QB.

I think he’s likely going to stay in Washington. I don’t see the Jets really having any more leverage than any other team other than the dollars. But if he’s trying to absolutely get the most  $$ he can I would probably stay away anyway, especially if your bidding against the Browns who would likely then sell their pick or just pass on a QB.

The NY market/exposure can be a good or bad thing, but I don’t see Cousins as the type that’s looking for marketability.

There will also maybe be 1 or 2 teams we aren’t talking about in the mix. I’m more interested in what Cousins desire is.. if a team like Denver wants him and he wants to win, would he be willing to work with them?

DEN/JAC make the most sense to win but would probably not be able to pay as much as other teams.  Plus if he's transition tagged WAS could match a reasonable offer

NYJ/CLE make the most sense for money with NYJ having the NY market and a better team.

WAS for comfort in the system.

I wouldn't bet on him coming here.  My guess is DEN/JAC/WAS

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think he’s likely going to stay in Washington. I don’t see the Jets really having any more leverage than any other team other than the dollars. But if he’s trying to absolutely get the most  $$ he can I would probably stay away anyway, especially if your bidding against the Browns who would likely then sell their pick or just pass on a QB.

The NY market/exposure can be a good or bad thing, but I don’t see Cousins as the type that’s looking for marketability.

There will also maybe be 1 or 2 teams we aren’t talking about in the mix. I’m more interested in what Cousins desire is.. if a team like Denver wants him and he wants to win, would he be willing to work with them?

I feel the same way, knowing Mac I can't see him getting in a bidding war to get Cousins. This is just a guess but right now it is 50 50 he will be a Redskin, in 2018,. 

5 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

100%, not arguing that. I was just pointing out that prior to this year, he had talent. 

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

DEN/JAC make the most sense to win but would probably not be able to pay as much as other teams.  Plus if he's transition tagged WAS could match a reasonable offer

NYJ/CLE make the most sense for money with NYJ having the NY market and a better team.

Denver and Washington are our only competitors. Jacksonville is committed to Bortles. Cleveland will take a QB at 1, so cross them off the list. We can price out both Denver and Washington if we want to. Like jetskiid said... I think the only thing keeping him from being a Jet next year is if he actually wants to stay in Washington is possible. If that's the case we cant control him wanting to stay.

6 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I would put the Bills on the list of teams that make sense for him to go to a win now.  The Bills made the playoffs with a mediocre QB.

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Denver doesnt have the cap space. They arent signing cousins.

There’s been reports that Denver will make a hard push for him. The dude has made a lot of money these past few seasons, if his desire is to win a Super Bowl and both sides wants to make it work, they will find a way to make it happen. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Do you think since we have to spend so much this off season that thats direction he goes again? Signing vets and making it where we can get out after 2yrs? Bc I hate that approach. This years approach needs to be more on getting good young pieces even if it means overspending bc quite frankly we can and that’s what we will need to do to entice star players, bc we aren’t the most desirable franchise.

Who are the good young pieces available on the open market? Frankly, there aren't many with exception to the receiver market

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

There’s been reports that Denver will make a hard push for him. The dude has made a lot of money these past few seasons, if his desire is to win a Super Bowl and both sides wants to make it work, they will find a way to make it happen. 

If he's transition tagged you can pretty much rule out Denver

Archived