Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'll take a 25yr old game manager like Alex Smith all day on this roster for us at starting QB.

Then your not interested in winning a SB.

In today's NFL if you don't have a QB that can win / dominate games, your not winning a SB, period. 

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

Then your not interested in winning a SB.

In today's NFL if you don't have a QB that can win / dominate games, your not winning a SB, period. 

There's actually been several average QBs that are more game managers that have gone to the SB in the last 10-15yrs.

Joe Flacco, Rex Grossman, Matt Hasselback, Jake Delhomme, Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Kerry Collins to name a few.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

There's actually been several average QBs that are more game managers that have gone to the SB in the last 10-15yrs.

Joe Flacco, Rex Grossman, Matt Hasselback, Jake Delhomme, Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Kerry Collins to name a few.

Joe Flacco, Matt Hasselback, and Rich Gannon were not game managers.  Wouldn't really call Brad Johnson a game manager either.  

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Joe Flacco, Matt Hasselback, and Rich Gannon were not game managers.  Wouldn't really call Brad Johnson a game manager either.  

Teddy Bridgewater is more than a game manager in my eyes. Alex Smith is more than a game manager as well, but that's been his label these last 7 years or so.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I am not interested in a NYJ SB appearance I want to win it.  

Super Bowl winning QBs the past 14 years:

Brady, P. Manning, Brady, Wilson, Flacco, E. Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, E. Manning, P. Manning, Big Ben, Brady, Brady,

Not a list that features "game managers".  Worst one on the list is Flacco and he threw for 3800 yards that year - not really what I would consider a game manager. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Teddy Bridgewater is more than a game manager in my eyes. Alex Smith is more than a game manager as well, but that's been his label these last 7 years or so.

How is Teddy more than a game manager if he's barely even a game manager?  He averages 200 yards per game and his career TD: INT ratio is 28:22.  Tyrod is better than that.

11 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

How is Teddy more than a game manager if he's barely even a game manager?  He averages 200 yards per game and his career TD: INT ratio is 28:22.  Tyrod is better than that.

Like I said... Bridgewater isn’t a top option imo. Cousins and Rosen should be way higher in the list. But as far as FA QBs go he’s right after Cousins. Who else do you like McCarron? Who’s played what 2 games? A big point I’m making in this is that Bridgewater whether you like his stats or not won games when he started. Any QB we draft comes with a ton of risks and can be a bust. Where with Bridgewater we’ve already seen what he can do at the NFL level. If anything a more open offense should suit his game more than the Minnesota offense. The guy was 11-5 in 2015.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Like I said... Bridgewater isn’t a top option imo. Cousins and Rosen should be way higher in the list. But as far as FA QBs go he’s right after Cousins. Who else do you like McCarron? Who’s played what 2 games? A big point I’m making in this is that Bridgewater whether you like his stats or not won games when he started. Any QB we draft comes with a ton of risks and can be a bust. Where with Bridgewater we’ve already seen what he can do at the NFL level. If anything a more open offense should suit his game more than the Minnesota offense. The guy was 11-5 in 2015.

He was 11-5 behind AP's 1500 rushing yards and Minnesota's elite D. 

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

He was 11-5 behind AP's 1500 rushing yards and Minnesota's elite D. 

And with 100mill in cap space we could draft Barkley at 6 and get a C and OG in FA and have a good situation for him, with better WRs as well. Our defense should be improved as well. Not to Minnesota level but still good. He shouldn’t just be pushed aside like he’s not a viable option for us in FA if he hits the market.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

And with 100mill in cap space we could draft Barkley at 6 and get a C and OG in FA and have a good situation for him, with better WRs as well. Our defense should be improved as well. Not to Minnesota level but still good. He shouldn’t just be pushed aside like he’s not a viable option for us in FA if he hits the market.

And then they lost in the wild card, which is what's going to happen to us if we have Teddy B. and Barkley leading the way.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

And then they lost in the wild card, which is what's going to happen to us if we have Teddy B. and Barkley leading the way.

At least it’d be a playoff experience to build on. Round off the roster over the upcoming off seasons. We haven’t seen the playoffs in God knows how long and now right away you want a SB in a year or 2? News flash. There’s a very slim chance of that happening. But we certainly can start by building a contender and make to where we can regularly make the playoffs.

The Redskins have a lot of cap space this offseason, if they let him go I'm not sure they'll receive a comp pick unless they refuse to sign FAs. The more I think about it the more I think they'll Transition Tag him to give them the "See we tried but he took a deal we couldn't match". Can anyone confirm if that line of thinking is right? I'm not exactly sure the formula for comp picks.

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

At least it’d be a playoff experience to build on. Round off the roster over the upcoming off seasons. We haven’t seen the playoffs in God knows how long and now right away you want a SB in a year or 2? News flash. There’s a very slim chance of that happening. But we certainly can start by building a contender and make to where we can regularly make the playoffs.

Teddy B. is not the answer man.  When you sign big name free agents, you usually have a 3-5 year window with them.  We know what Teddy is and he's not taking us to an SB.  So unless the plan is to sign him for cheap (don't think he'll be that cheap) and still draft a QB in the first, there's zero point.  We need a franchise QB.

20 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Teddy B. is not the answer man.  When you sign big name free agents, you usually have a 3-5 year window with them.  We know what Teddy is and he's not taking us to an SB.  So unless the plan is to sign him for cheap (don't think he'll be that cheap) and still draft a QB in the first, there's zero point.  We need a franchise QB.

Isn't Teddy 25? I don't think we have any idea what he is. I wouldn't sign him strictly based on the injury he had, not because we know what he is.

14 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Isn't Teddy 25? I don't think we have any idea what he is. I wouldn't sign him strictly based on the injury he had, not because we know what he is.

He's 25, but prior to his injury, he was a mediocre game manager.  The injury is definitely scary.  I just think if he came cheap, i'd give him a one year deal, but only if we draft a guy early.

Archived