Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

30 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Jaguars owner Shad Khan makes it clear Blake Bortles is team's QB of now & future: "Maybe we're not the biggest idiot on the football block. When his option was picked up, it was like, 'What are these guys smoking?'"

I think this means Eli stays in NY, not sure it really opens up the #2 pick unless the Giants wanted to go OL and develop a QB for the final 2 years of Eli's contract. 

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Jaguars owner Shad Khan makes it clear Blake Bortles is team's QB of now & future: "Maybe we're not the biggest idiot on the football block. When his option was picked up, it was like, 'What are these guys smoking?'"

I said this all season. They’d be stupid to get rid of a talented young qb for a vet. Develop Bortles. He won’t ever be Aaron Rodgers, but I can see a Joe Flacco type an in him as he develops.

I see Cousins as just above the middle of the pack. He is like a top 15 or top 12 type of guy. I would rather sign A.J Mccarran or Teddy Bridgewater. These guys are younger and have sat around enough to Know how the NFL works. I just don't see the jets putting 25 mill per year on a QB that is just above average. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I see Cousins as just above the middle of the pack. He is like a top 15 or top 12 type of guy. I would rather sign A.J Mccarran or Teddy Bridgewater. These guys are younger and have sat around enough to Know how the NFL works. I just don't see the jets putting 25 mill per year on a QB that is just above average. 

Cousins is my 1st choice, trading up for Rosen is my 2nd and then Bridgewater. I don’t have McCarron even close on that list. Dudes only played like 2-3 games

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Pls erase the narrative that AJ is good

12 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Adding to this, Bridgewater isn't that good either.  Cousins is leaps and bounds better than him.

This Teddy never really wowed me when he was Healthy/Starting. Looked like a game manager type of guy. Would take a shot at either him or AJ but neither are stopping me from going QB Round 1

17 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

This Teddy never really wowed me when he was Healthy/Starting. Looked like a game manager type of guy. Would take a shot at either him or AJ but neither are stopping me from going QB Round 1

I agree.  His stats are really not impressive.  Averaged about 200 yards a game and less than a TD a game.

44 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I'll take a 25yr old game manager like Alex Smith all day on this roster for us at starting QB.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I said this all season. They’d be stupid to get rid of a talented young qb for a vet. Develop Bortles. He won’t ever be Aaron Rodgers, but I can see a Joe Flacco type an in him as he develops.

Yea who makes up all these crazy stories, Bortles, is going nowhere. IN fact we have another QB down here at UCF McKenzie Morton who is only a freshman. He played for this year's National champs the 13-0 UCF Knights.

4 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Yea who makes up all these crazy stories, Bortles, is going nowhere. IN fact we have another QB down here at UCF McKenzie Morton who is only a freshman. He played for this year's National champs the 13-0 UCF Knights.

To piggy back off of this I also don't think Alex Smith or Eli are going anywhere. I don't think KC is ready to give Mahomes the reigns yet (I think in 2019) and I think the Giants want to try another year with Eli and a healthy NYG team with big upgrades on the OLine before they get rid of him. Just guesses obviously.

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'll take a 25yr old game manager like Alex Smith all day on this roster for us at starting QB.

Like I said I would take him, just don't think he's anything special, just young.

Archived