Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Nice read. I think those are fare comments. Cousins is not a player like Brady, Brees, or Rodgers who can carry a team seemingly on their own. I think most have viewed him as the level below that level. As to say, he needs help around him. 

He also reiterated a lot of the things I've read about Cousins: He is a workaholic and very methodical. Apparently, they made a small closet his office so that he can store notes, etc. Sounds like a real professional. 

The big questions I'm left with after reading this article is who is the best fit for Cousins? Which of BUF, NYJ, CLE, DEN, ARI and WAS has the better coaching and players?

Or more importantly, the capital to give him. I keep hearing denver who has no cap room. Buffalo isnt an attractive option either. CLE has no chance, their CLE no QB in their right mind will go there, and ARI i dont know what their situation is. If the Jets want Cousins and cousins likes the offer, he will be a jet.

Just now, ekill08x said:

Few are special. Fact is, hes good, and he give us a legit QB for a decent amount of time allowing us to groom a younger one after a few years. Not to mention we haven't been able to draft a good one whether it be a high pick, a 2nd pick or mid round. Go the FA route for once and a guy who isnt a band aid. 

Indeed, I am well aware of what Cousins is. But I don’t think GMs are going to be throwing him blank checks like some here seem to think. 

Cant be mad if we don’t get him. He’s not worth overpaying for so unless he genuinely has a desire to play here and winning is priority #2 then I can see it.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Indeed, I am well aware of what Cousins is. But I don’t think GMs are going to be throwing him blank checks like some here seem to think. 

Cant be mad if we don’t get him. He’s not worth overpaying for so unless he genuinely has a desire to play here and winning is priority #2 then I can see it.

Yeah i agree and i wont be. I hope he does and I like that he is a professional, so we will see. I still like Teddy Bridgewater, and if we explore that option, than I would bring in Bell and a WR and build up the trenches as we could be a real tough team with him, and it would allow us to really plug  up other holes. Teddy wont be even half as expensive. 

Cousins' best season was 2016 when he had two experienced outside WRs. This year he lost Reed to injury so he turned to Crowder and managed to reach 4k plateau.  So he is a solid qb. No question.  I am not concerned about him being a qb but I do worry about him eyeing for better situation. 

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Or more importantly, the capital to give him. I keep hearing denver who has no cap room. Buffalo isnt an attractive option either. CLE has no chance, their CLE no QB in their right mind will go there, and ARI i dont know what their situation is. If the Jets want Cousins and cousins likes the offer, he will be a jet.

How is Buffalo, a playoff team that looks to be rising less desirable than the Jets? Unless he doesn’t like the cold. And the Jets are pretty much the Browns but with less young talent. You can’t flame the Browns for being inept and then think he would want to come here.

As far as Denver goes, if Denver wants him, and he wants Denver, then he will be a Bronco. I have heard rumors the Broncos don’t thibk he’s worth the players they would have to lose to bring him in though.

We should pursue Cousins and gauge his interest, but in no way should Mac go the “whatever it takes” route. Not on a “rebuilding” team 3 years in with as little progress as the Jets have made

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

How is Buffalo, a playoff team that looks to be rising less desirable than the Jets? Unless he doesn’t like the cold. And the Jets are pretty much the Browns but with less young talent. You can’t flame the Browns for being inept and then think he would want to come here.

As far as Denver goes, if Denver wants him, and he wants Denver, then he will be a Bronco. I have heard rumors the Broncos don’t thibk he’s worth the players they would have to lose to bring him in though.

I agree. I think BUF and DEN are more attractive if they are willing to allocate the money towards him. 

I also don't see the Jets situation as that much more attractive than the Browns. RBs are a wash. The Browns have the better OL. The Jets have the deeper receiving unit but the Browns have Josh Gordon back. If it's between the Browns and the Jets, I think it'll come down to which coaching staff he feels more comfortable with. 

Draft a QB, or even more crazy, keep building and wait another year for a QB.

Im honestly not going to be mad if we don’t address QB and build the offensive line/skill positions a little bit and maybe wait one more year. I strongly believe that no matter who the QB is this year we are likely looking at a coaching/possibly even GM change one year from now. So it wouldn’t be the worst thing to wait it out a little longer.

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Redskins are about to tag Cousins as franchise player.  I expect it is a non franchise tag. Unless Maccagnan has balls, Jets are likely out.   Time to lobby for Teddy Bridgewater.

7e275aadba26600f8454143223b88756.jpg

This isn't news, we knew this already. Jets aren't out. 

21 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

There is no chance that Kirk Cousins is considering the Cleveland Browns

The Jets are a pretty miserable franchise as well. The Browns have younger and more talent, and can offer just as much money. I think Kirk is a focused guy who doesn’t care about the “stardom” and would probably not be fond of the NY media.

From a pure football perspective, what is more attractive about the Jets than the Browns?

Archived