Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I've actually said all along I think they go OLine at 2 or trade back with a team like us and still get their OLineman. They're a win now team. And that's really there only missing piece when healthy.

They are absolutely taking a QB. Giants are a well run organization. They dont typically ever have seasons like this to be in a position to get a very good QB prospect. When you have the opportunity to grab another QB who can start for your franchise for another 15 years, you take them. There is not a single doubt in my mind that the Giants dont take a QB.

19 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

They are absolutely taking a QB. Giants are a well run organization. They dont typically ever have seasons like this to be in a position to get a very good QB prospect. When you have the opportunity to grab another QB who can start for your franchise for another 15 years, you take them. There is not a single doubt in my mind that the Giants dont take a QB.

I agree. I don't understand this notion of how they have a terrible o-line, etc. Their I-line graded out higher than ours. They'll rebuild in FA, prob move Flowers to guard, etc. They can then add o-line in rounds 2 and 3 as needed. 

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Disagree with your assessment of Jackson.  I'd take him 10 times out of 10 over Allen.  I like Falk but I wouldn't touch him until round 3.  There are 3 clear QB's that have separated themselves the rest have flaws.

Top 5 worthy
1. Darnold
2. Rosen
3. Mayfield

1st round worthy
4. Jackson

2nd rounders
5. Allen
6. Rudolph 

3rd rounder
7. Falk

Just curious, why would you take Lamar over Allen?  Just because of his athleticism or...?

On 1/23/2018 at 3:34 PM, ekill08x said:

I would love Rosen in general but we have to trade with Browns to do so. If we cant land Couins, we might have to pull the trigger. If we do land Kirk, well I would look to trade down and stock pile 2s and 3s. 

This is exactly what I'm thinking. My only question is how high should we go for a vet if we do plan to trade up?

I like McCown and what he has done, but my biggest fear is signing him and we fail to get a QB who can be ready this season. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Their GM said he's rolling with Eli along with Keenum supposedly being attached to Shurmur, maybe they go with those two and Davis Webb for now.

Catching up on what's being talked about.

1. If I was a Giants fan, I would be pissed if they passed on a potential franchise QB just to keep Eli happy. He MIGHT have another 2 years left. They can actually trade back and still get a franchise QB because someone like Allen or Rudolph will have time to develop behind Eli. 

2. Jackson Vs Allen is actually pretty interesting. The same doubts people are having about Jackson are very similar to what they were saying about Watson. I see great potential in both these QBs, but I'd still protect myself by picking up Alex Smith, Taylor, or Bradford. If one of them turned out to be ready sooner than expected, we can trade the vet. If they take longer, we can still compete.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

It’s not that simple. At you know that. They want to win now. And building up the OLine is always a smart idea. We also have no clue how they feel about Webb. They might love him and just have him as a couple year project. I still think they trade back add picks and still get the player they want at OG or OT at wherever they trade back to. Than still possibly add another OG and OT with there 2nd Rounder and still land a decent QB in Round 2 to develop.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s not that simple. At you know that. They want to win now. And building up the OLine is always a smart idea. We also have no clue how they feel about Webb. They might love him and just have him as a couple year project. I still think they trade back add picks and still get the player they want at OG or OT at wherever they trade back to. Than still possibly add another OG and OT with there 2nd Rounder and still land a decent QB in Round 2 to develop.

Unless they love Webb, I'd personally put it at about a ten percent chance they pass on a QB. This is a team that has a top 5 pick once every ten years. They won't have the opportunity to grab a franchise guy anytime soon and I don't see them taking a chance on a second rounder. 

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Unless they love Webb, I'd personally put it at about a ten percent chance they pass on a QB. This is a team that has a top 5 pick once every ten years. They won't have the opportunity to grab a franchise guy anytime soon and I don't see them taking a chance on a second rounder. 

We will have to agree to disagree than. Bc I think more so than anything they have the best set up to pass on a QB. Especially if they attack the OLine in the draft. They absolutely could still be a winning franchise with a @nd-4th Round pick if they have a top OLine, OBJ, Sheppard, Engram and co. Let's not forget that have a talented defense that really doesn't need much addressed either.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We will have to agree to disagree than. Bc I think more so than anything they have the best set up to pass on a QB. Especially if they attack the OLine in the draft. They absolutely could still be a winning franchise with a @nd-4th Round pick if they have a top OLine, OBJ, Sheppard, Engram and co. Let's not forget that have a talented defense that really doesn't need much addressed either.

I think people think their o-line is worse than it is. Pugh will be re-signed, they have depth, and apparently are high on their backup center. I'd say if they re-sign Pugh, they need to either re-sign a guy like Greco who had a good year or a different FA guard. Draft a tackle in round 2 and their o-line is set.  Also, finding a franchise QB after the first is MUCH tougher. 

19 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Just curious, why would you take Lamar over Allen?  Just because of his athleticism or...?

Because Jackson has an arm as well and just features a lot with his mobility . He had a very good deep ball to , he just needs to work on his stance a bit it's to stiff .

4 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Because Jackson has an arm as well and just featured a lot with his mobility . He had a very good deep ball to , he just needs to work on his stance a bit it's to stiff .

Jackson might be my 2nd favorite QB in this draft. But I have to see a lot from him for him to sure that up. I need to see him be accurate and to show the ability to stay in the pocket. No one wants to see a big investment running around all the time. He needs to use his legs efficiently, which he didn’t do at Louisville. I won’t say he’s run 1st but he quickly looked to run at Louisville and that won’t fly in the NFL. If he throws well and can show that ability I put him right behind Rosen. If he doesn’t show those skills I see him as a mid late 1st Rounder. To touch of Allen. I really don’t like anything about him. I quite frankly have no clue why he’s even talked about as a 1st Round option.

1. I wouldn’t underrate the presence of Jeremy Bates as the Jets’ new offensive coordinator as a factor in the Kirk Cousins chase. Bates is a Mike Shanahan disciple with a football mind similar to those of Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan, both of whom coached Cousins and loved him as a player. So certainly, there’d be a comfort level for Cousins there.

Via Albert Breer

Archived