Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Personally, I think both are projects, but his argument of more upside because of athleticism is nonsense. In terms of not playing well against competition, Lamars bowl game was horrific. I think they're both major projects. Agree that they're different. 

His bowl game was very unlike his whole career though, so that's just a bad example to point to. He threw 5 INTs I believe the whole season previous to that game. Definitely not a good performance, but I wouldn't judge him as a prospect according to 1 game. Like I've stated he has to show me skills strictly with his arm for me to be convinced of him. We know what he can do with his legs and like I pointed to there's no pre draft test to see if he will slide and get out of bounds pre draft you have to rely on coaching him up for that. We know he has a good arm from a velocity standpoint... but can he be accurate and know how to put touch on the ball is what everyone will be looking for. If he does that I want him. If he doesn't. Then I'd pass on him.

I think Jackson could be better than Vick but his career didn't last long. It would be exciting to add Jackson but I really don't think we are in play for him. We won't take him at 6 IMO and I don't think he is there at 37.

I'll all aboard on Kirk Cousins or Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield. 

45 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think Jackson could be better than Vick but his career didn't last long. It would be exciting to add Jackson but I really don't think we are in play for him. We won't take him at 6 IMO and I don't think he is there at 37.

I'll all aboard on Kirk Cousins or Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield. 

That's pretty much my thoughts. I think he's too risky at 6 but wont be there at 37. If he throws well though... I could be interested in us trading up for him back into Round 1. But that would mean we didn't draft a QB at 6 or trade up for one, which would more than likely mean we wouldn't even have that 37th pick.

One more note on the Allen hype, per Bucky Brooks, scouts thinks Allen would be the "perfect" prospect if more consistent and that if you could fix the consistency issues, you'll have an elite QB one day. Basically think his size, arm, mechanics, etc. are the best of the bunch. 

50 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm trying to think what Allen has that Hackenberg doesn't? He's a tad taller and moves a tad better? At least Hack played D1 competition week in and week out.

Better mechanics and intangibles. I do agree that he's overhyped though. 

Redskins have 52m cap room.  17m go to Smith. 35m go to Cousins? lol.  The situation gets interesting. Cousins has more power now. Redskins would get lesser than 1st round pick for him if Cousin was tagged. There is no room in salary cap to fool around.

Alex Smith just set the bar for QB contracts this FA period. Dude got PA$D. 4 years $23.5 per year. $70 mil gtd. Alright so if that's Alex Smith contract, what should Cousins get paid? Alex Smith had the better year but he is also 34. 

Archived