Titans Select RB Tyjae Spears Pick #81

615finest

25 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I hate that because we didn’t/haven’t addressed WR, it somewhat takes away from the fact Spears is a real good player.

Reminds me of the Burks reaction last year after the AJ trade.

I agree with you. In a vacuum, I actually love this pick. Just the collection of moves we are making this off-season is frustrating. 

10 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

I agree with you. In a vacuum, I actually love this pick. Just the collection of moves we are making this off-season is frustrating. 

I don’t like the pick simply because we took him in the 3rd & we probably could’ve gotten him in the 5th. We’re constantly missing on 1st,& 3rd round picks 

• Like 1

People want to fire Ran already. 

Say that Robinson left us in a mess then blame Ran for not fixing it the way they want. 

Like always we figured we'd walk away with a QB OL and RB at least in this draft. 

People just don't like the order. 

Spears is a great back. Not worried about the knee. Sounds cruel but as long as we get about 4 years from him then replace him with the next what's the problem. 

21 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don’t think anyone wants to fire Ran, but when your first three draft picks are a projected guard at 11, a trade up for a concerning QB that we are now tied to for years , and a RB …. Come on

Well not here. But Titans Twitter is always a cesspool of crap lol 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Well not here. But Titans Twitter is always a cesspool of crap lol 

There’s a reason why I’ve stayed on this forum and only this forum for 17 years

even titans Reddit is a joke. Very surface level fans 

• Like 5

I like Spears but he is the most puzzling pick so far.  So many other options.  Dewand Jones, Darnell Washington (who must have failed a mental or physical test or something to go this late) and Michael Wilson (maybe injury concerns?).  The pick was really important as we don't have a pick until the 5th round.  Luke Wypler is still available.  Find a pick to solidify a position besides RB.  You can find RBs later and if you have to sign or draft one next year so be it.  

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

People want to fire Ran already. 

Say that Robinson left us in a mess then blame Ran for not fixing it the way they want. 

Like always we figured we'd walk away with a QB OL and RB at least in this draft. 

People just don't like the order. 

Spears is a great back. Not worried about the knee. Sounds cruel but as long as we get about 4 years from him then replace him with the next what's the problem. 

You don’t think we could’ve gotten him in da 5th. RB isn’t a need it’s a strength if we need a RB that bad trade Henry cause it makes no sense paying a RB 16 mill to only play him 2 downs. We need offensive weapons this is stubborn on vrabel part we’re going to be a struggling offense mediocre passing game as always 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

You don’t think we could’ve gotten him in da 5th. RB isn’t a need it’s a strength if we need a RB that bad trade Henry cause it makes no sense paying a RB 16 mill to only play him 2 downs. We need offensive weapons this is stubborn on vrabel part we’re going to be a struggling offense mediocre passing game as always 

I think 3rd was the top and bottom was 4th round for him. 

I don't mind drafting a strength. Good teams do it often. Eagles didn't. Need to draft DL or Edge but they did. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I think 3rd was the top and bottom was 4th round for him. 

I don't mind drafting a strength. Good teams do it often. Eagles didn't. Need to draft DL or Edge but they did. 

Nothing wrong with your logic when you can afford to draft strength. The eagles are contenders they’re built to win now, therefore they can draft by luxury not by need, but they really did need to go DL they were mediocre in stopping the run last yr, it’s just most teams they’re blowing them out & when you’re up by so many points teams abandon the run. When our window was open as a contender we took a T in the 1st round when we didn’t need to. That said we need talent play makers it’s no reason to take a RB that high when the last time we took a RB that high it was a waste of a pick.

41 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Nothing wrong with your logic when you can afford to draft strength. The eagles are contenders they’re built to win now, therefore they can draft by luxury not by need, but they really did need to go DL they were mediocre in stopping the run last yr, it’s just most teams they’re blowing them out & when you’re up by so many points teams abandon the run. When our window was open as a contender we took a T in the 1st round when we didn’t need to. That said we need talent play makers it’s no reason to take a RB that high when the last time we took a RB that high it was a waste of a pick.

We also had a 1000 yard back who just ess in the Pro Bowl in Murray when we drafted a Henry. 

We barely was a playoff team at the time.  

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We also had a 1000 yard back who just ess in the Pro Bowl in Murray when we drafted a Henry. 

We barely was a playoff team at the time.  

You still missing it Brotha, we traded for a RB who we knew had a few yrs left & drafted his replacement because we were a young team with 0 talent cap space & rebuilding. Demarco still had yrs on his contract & Henry was a 1st round talent that fell into the 2nd round. Again my issue is we took a RB at 3rd who 9 out of 10 would’ve been there at the 5th because he’s undersized with a failed medical physical. 1-3 rounds you’re looking for starters or immediate contributors. We over drafted him. We’re not in position to be picking guys as a luxury we don’t need. We could’ve went C, CB, WR, TE 

3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

I like Spears but he is the most puzzling pick so far.  So many other options.  Dewand Jones, Darnell Washington (who must have failed a mental or physical test or something to go this late) and Michael Wilson (maybe injury concerns?).  The pick was really important as we don't have a pick until the 5th round.  Luke Wypler is still available.  Find a pick to solidify a position besides RB.  You can find RBs later and if you have to sign or draft one next year so be it.  

Darnell Washington fell due to character concerns