Titans Select RB Tyjae Spears Pick #81

615finest

1 hour ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

People also hated the Henry pick, especially when the ladder drill video in training camp came out. Look at him now. 

Nobody hated the Henry pick people just made fun of the ladder drill we took Henry during a clear rebuild we were trying to surround mariota with talent & dude was by far the best back in college football, who fell because people didn’t see a 1 dimensional back being able to run through the NFL at his freakish size, I remember his scouting report saying is he Eddie George or Brandon Jacobs.  Nobody hates the spears pick we hate we took him in the 3rd when he could’ve been gotten in the 5th possibly & there was no need to draft a RB 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Lol stop this revisionist history.

Not lying tho.
That Ladder video just made people say he was gonna be a bust and can't cut well. 

Just traded for Murray, who was one year removed from 1800 yards.13 TDs. People had questions. lol 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Not lying tho.
That Ladder video just made people say he was gonna be a bust and can't cut well. 

Just traded for Murray, who was one year removed from 1800 yards.13 TDs. People had questions. lol 

Some people maybe. But not overwhelming consensus. 

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Not lying tho.

That was his last yr in Dallas, we traded from Murray who had an abysmal yr in Phili due to chip Kelly being ignorant trying to use him like he was a RB that could play in space. But to your credit yes I remember the ladder video & people trolling his footwork but if you know ball you know Henry is a down hill runner, not a elusive back. I don’t think people seriously thought he was a bust, because at that time beggars can’t be choosers & we lacked talent; I think it was more so trolling. 

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't remember anyone clowning the Henry pick.

Most teams have multiple RBs that see the field, he had an absurd height/weight/speed combo, and was a late second round pick.

Not clowning, just second guessing. 
People thought he'd just be Brandon Jacobs and wasn't worth the pick. Thought he lacked ability to run laterally and that ladder video of him in rookie camp got overblown. 

I may be misremembering but I feel like King is right where fans weren’t exactly head over heels with the Henry pick. The questions about his transition to the NFL, taking a RB in 2nd after we just traded a 4th for Murray, and taking a RB2 instead of a WR (sounds familiar) made it a, let’s just say, “interesting” pick.

I wish we could go back to the old forum just to see the reaction on here when the pick was made.

31 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I may be misremembering but I feel like King is right where fans weren’t exactly head over heels with the Henry pick. The questions about his transition to the NFL, taking a RB in 2nd after we just traded a 4th for Murray, and taking a RB2 instead of a WR (sounds familiar) made it a, let’s just say, “interesting” pick.

I wish we could go back to the old forum just to see the reaction on here when the pick was made.

We had multiple 2nd round picks that yr I want to say 3, it was Dodd, Johnson, & Henry fans were more upset we took 2 DL & passed on Chris Godwin 

31 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Man! I tried for like 10 mins to try be able to find the link to the forum. 

We had a WR room of Harry Douglas, Rishard Matthews, Kendall Wright and a 5th round pick of Tajae Sharpe.  People hated that we signed Dougals. Kendall Wright was underperforming. 

But as we go back and look, the WR class was not good.  Laquan Tredwell, Corey Coleman and Josh Dotson the only first round WRs. 

Michael Thomas and Tyler Boyd picked right after Henry. I really wanted Sterling Sheperd. 
I remember thinking Tredwell being a guy people wanted. 

12 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

We had multiple 2nd round picks that yr I want to say 3, it was Dodd, Johnson, & Henry fans were more upset we took 2 DL & passed on Chris Godwin 

That was the one that got me.

Godwin dominated our first round CB in their matchup that season, and they took freaking Taywan Taylor instead.

Like, I didn't even hate on Adoree Jackson as a pick.  I liked Adoree.  Thought he'd be a really good CB.  So I definitely liked the receiver that posterized him all Rose Bowl (I think it was that game), only for us to take some short dude I'd never even heard of.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Man! I tried for like 10 mins to try be able to find the link to the forum. 

We had a WR room of Harry Douglas, Rishard Matthews, Kendall Wright and a 5th round pick of Tajae Sharpe.  People hated that we signed Dougals. Kendall Wright was underperforming. 

But as we go back and look, the WR class was not good.  Laquan Tredwell, Corey Coleman and Josh Dotson the only first round WRs. 

Michael Thomas and Tyler Boyd picked right after Henry. I really wanted Sterling Sheperd. 
I remember thinking Tredwell being a guy people wanted. 

It was Godwin for me