Day 3

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think people would be reasonable if Watson and the Browns became legitimate contenders regardless if they finish the job or not. Nobody is condemning what the Bengals did last season. People know what a legitimate contender looks like. The Chiefs got it done in the AFC, but Bills and Bengals fans know what they have, although they need to push it to the next level. We are trying to get to that level, and as far as roster goes at least on offense, we are without excuse. 

I think we need to be competing for a playoff spot into week 18 for everyone to keep their jobs unless Watson misses significant time.

If we win 7 games and Watson is healthy perhaps AB sticks around, but Stefanski is toast imo.

12 hours ago, JDD said:

I don’t think 12 wins gets the AFCN this year. But I see 13 wins on the schedule 

AFCN 4-2

NFCw 3-1

AFCS 3-1 4-0 possible 

Bears, Jets, Broncos 3-0

13-4 will need to happen 

Best post of the year my analysis below.

How have you beautiful spring here

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Did they though?

If you mean they didn’t get fired then sure, but I didn’t hear many fans cutting anyone any slack at all tbh.

With the way they constantly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and squandered good opportunities left and right last season, they didn't deserve much slack.

21 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

With the way they constantly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and squandered good opportunities left and right last season, they didn't deserve much slack.

That’s a separate conversation.  I’m just saying at no point did most fans say “aw well, that’s ok, just wait till next year when all of this nonsense is behind us and we have a full season with our starting QB”.

If you think it’s justified, fine, but that’s not the point I was making.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not mad about it, but trading that 7th to Baltimore so they could snag Vorhees was sort of a “listen pal, I know you’re new here but…” moment with AB.

I called Vorhees at Pick 229 and if we would have snagged him it would have been my favorite pick. Just frustrated that we traded in division.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I called Vorhees at Pick 229 and if we would have snagged him it would have been my favorite pick. Just frustrated that we traded in division.

I posted yesterday morning he was someone I wanted day 3 and also before we picked in R7 as well.  I like his upside.  

That said, there’s no immediate path to playing time for him. He’s a 2024 player at best and at that point he’d be a rookie coming off an injury.  Maybe we move on from one of our guards in 2024, but it may not be until 2025 or later too.  That puts Vorhees as 26+ with no experience and a year or two left on his rookie deal.

I like the player, like the potential, don’t love the fit as it relates to our timeline.  Also, he’s a guard.  It’s not a premium position that can’t be figured out next year or the year after as far as a successor for one/both of the current guys.

Didn’t love sending him to the Ravens though, I’m with you there.

16 minutes ago, JDD said:

Hell no. I wear glasses or contacts 

But when I’m talking **** about the Browns I have 2800/1 vision

No worries 

Got to check out my 20/10 with a excellent prescription 

On mtn goats against a white background plus a  watching the wolves at 1 plus mile

I have always liked Dan Brugler, so that’s at least a positive. I’m always interested in seeing how big boards vary from team to team. Seattle supposedly seeing a bunch of guys they created as undrafted free agents, going on day two, etc. I maintain that DTR is a lousy NFL QB prospect but these guys like something I don’t I guess. 

46 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I have always liked Dan Brugler, so that’s at least a positive. I’m always interested in seeing how big boards vary from team to team. Seattle supposedly seeing a bunch of guys they created as undrafted free agents, going on day two, etc. I maintain that DTR is a lousy NFL QB prospect but these guys like something I don’t I guess. 

I’m going to go full boomer here, but he actually hits most (if not all) of Parcell’s guardrails for a QB.

50 games played (48 as a starter), 23+ wins, >60% comp, >2:1 TD/INT….

Don’t know about grades and whether he’s graduated/done graduate work or not.

I realize some of this stuff is somewhat antiquated and whatnot, but they still remain a reasonably effective set of guardrails.

Bottom line with DTR is he’s experienced as hell (which I do think is important), has a strong arm and is very mobile.  Would I like him as our QBOTF?  Absolutely not. As a developmental backup?  Hell yes.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m going to go full boomer here, but he actually hits most (if not all) of Parcell’s guardrails for a QB.

50 games played (48 as a starter), 23+ wins, >60% comp, >2:1 TD/INT….

Don’t know about grades and whether he’s graduated/done graduate work or not.

I realize some of this stuff is somewhat antiquated and whatnot, but they still remain a reasonably effective set of guardrails.

Bottom line with DTR is he’s experienced as hell (which I do think is important), has a strong arm and is very mobile.  Would I like him as our QBOTF?  Absolutely not. As a developmental backup?  Hell yes.

This has more or less always been my "thing" with quarterbacks:

The backup should be the same "type" of quarterback as your starter. Watson is VERY athletic and DTR is as well, so if something were to happen to your starter, you keep an abridged version of your same scheme and style with that backup. Huntley for Baltimore is actually a great example of this.

• Like 1