Day 3

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 minute ago, mchjstnk said:

I mean is it really though?  The guy was slated a second rounder maybe at worst a third rounder and he blows out his knee. A basic acl injury is not what it used to be.  Guys come back quicker than ever.  After the injury the guy dropped from a second rounder to a seventh rounder. There is obviously something else that people don’t know about.

Great trade by Andrew Berry. He had an A+ draft. 

@MWil23 @NateDawg @sdrawkcab321 reading that:

arthurshake.gif

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You didn’t like the move??

Surprised Meme GIF

Do you not agree though?  I was fine with the trade for a future pick but this just made sense when I thought about it. Unless they just didn’t like Vorhees at all.

Edited by NateDawg

4 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

I mean is it really though?  The guy was slated a second rounder maybe at worst a third rounder and he blows out his knee. A basic acl injury is not what it used to be.  Guys come back quicker than ever.  After the injury the guy dropped from a second rounder to a seventh rounder. There is obviously something else that people don’t know about.

Great trade by Andrew Berry. He had an A+ draft. 

Also, and I say this as someone who’d have liked Vorhees, he’s already 24 and is a guard.  We have our guards for the next 2 years at least.

There’s no immediate path to him playing here.

By the time he sees the field full time as a starter he’s like 27 and has a year or two left on his deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Do you not agree though?  I was fine with the trade for a future pick but this just made sense when I thought about it. Unless they just didn’t like Vorhees at all.

I don’t have a strong feeling one way or another, it’s a 7th rounder. I’m not gonna pretend like he’d have been a home run pick or some incredible stud.

• Like 2

Overall, considering we didn't pick until round three, I think we had a solid draft.

- Grabbed a bigger, physical receiver who should make an impact right away, and will likely have a larger role in 2024 once Cooper or DPJ are gone.

- Got a big fatty to pair with Tomlinson. They should help keep each other fresh. If Winfrey can take the next step then our DT group should look a lot better this season.

- Massive OT with lots of potential. Could be Conklin's eventual replacement. But his weight is a concern.

- Added a solid DE prospect. Between he, Wright, and Okoronkwo... hopefully we'll have a legit starter across from Myles.

- Know nothing about the CB we drafted, but Berry seems to have a good eye for CBs.

- Cheap backup QB who should fit in well with our scheme. Nothing to get excited about, but not bad.

- A center who could very well replace Pocic in a couple of years.

Feels like we got a nice mix of players who can help right away and players who were drafted with the future in mind.

If you add Moore to the mix, then not a bad group of guys we added. Agreed that I would have liked a LB, but maybe I'm not quite as low on our LBs as others are. They're certainly the biggest question mark on our team, but I like what I saw from Fields in limited playing time and Takitaki once he started playing MIKE.

• Like 4