Day 3

LETSGOBROWNIES

36 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Nice 

So sense we did so good we are winning north of 12 wins no excuses 

Yes or no

No. We didn't draft your favorite prospect in Carter, who went undrafted. With him, odajibo and jamsom williams we easily win 12 games.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Nice 

So sense we did so good we are winning north of 12 wins no excuses 

Yes or no

I don’t think 12 wins gets the AFCN this year. But I see 13 wins on the schedule 

AFCN 4-2

NFCw 3-1

AFCS 3-1 4-0 possible 

Bears, Jets, Broncos 3-0

13-4 will need to happen 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Our only playoff appearance in 20 years came from the roster he constructed. 

Yes Mayfield, Chubb and Ward were drafted by Dorsey, but the best defensive player, Myles, was drafted by Sashi.  

All 3 tight ends in 2020 were brought in by Sashi/Berry.

Dorsey brought in 1 of the 5 starting O-linemen in 2020, Teller.  Sashi signed Tretter, Ray Farmer drafted Bitonio, and Berry drafted Wills and signed Conklin, who replaced Dorsey's Hudson and Greg Robinson at tackle who were such turnstiles in 2019 that Baker was getting killed and was sacked 40 times.  Berry and Stefanski and co. got that down to 26 sacks in 2020.  I would argue that Berry fixed the biggest weakness of the 2019 Browns, the O-Line, and that allowed them to get to 11 wins from Dorsey's 6 wins in 2019. The O-line has been a priority and strength of the Browns since Berry took over. 

The 2020 Cleveland Browns were an amalgamation of players from 3 different GM regimes.  

Stefanski got more out of Baker than anyone else has thus far.  Do you really believe the Browns would have won 11 games in the Covid season with Dorsey and Kitchens at the helm?🤔

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mrpazzo said:

Yes Mayfield, Chubb and Ward were drafted by Dorsey, but the best defensive player, Myles, was drafted by Sashi.  

All 3 tight ends in 2020 were brought in by Sashi/Berry.

Dorsey brought in 1 of the 5 starting O-linemen in 2020, Teller.  Sashi signed Tretter, Ray Farmer drafted Bitonio, and Berry drafted Wills and signed Conklin, who replaced Dorsey's Hudson and Greg Robinson at tackle who were such turnstiles in 2019 that Baker was getting killed and was sacked 40 times.  Berry and Stefanski and co. got that down to 26 sacks in 2020.  I would argue that Berry fixed the biggest weakness of the 2019 Browns, the O-Line, and that allowed them to get to 11 wins from Dorsey's 6 wins in 2019. The O-line has been a priority and strength of the Browns since Berry took over. 

The 2020 Cleveland Browns were an amalgamation of players from 3 different GM regimes.  

Stefanski got more out of Baker than anyone else has thus far.  Do you really believe the Browns would have won 11 games in the Covid season with Dorsey and Kitchens at the helm?🤔

... why are you even bothering with him? lol

• Like 2

One thing is for sure, leshaun has no excuses this year. Neither does the front office or coaching staff. Last year’s in season transition to the new quarterback was a disaster all around, they got the benefit of the doubt considering the circumstances, this year is make or break. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

One thing is for sure, leshaun has no excuses this year. Neither does the front office or coaching staff. Last year’s in season transition to the new quarterback was a disaster all around, they got the benefit of the doubt considering the circumstances, this year is make or break. 

Did they though?

If you mean they didn’t get fired then sure, but I didn’t hear many fans cutting anyone any slack at all tbh.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

And if DW gets the team to the AFCCG but loses I’m sure the question will be if he is worth it. 

I do agree though that this schedule is about as Brady in his prime it will get for the Browns. This division is very good and if Kenny Pickett figured it out we won’t have an “easy” game in this division for years (easy like our team was for Balt and Pitt, give them a hard close game but lose all the time)

Seems like when you have a dynasty the rest of the division takes a back seat. I doubt we will see that so it’s always going to be tough coming out of the AFCN. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Did they though?

If you mean they didn’t get fired then sure, but I didn’t hear many fans cutting anyone any slack at all tbh.

Yes, they absolutely did. It was a disaster, and they kept their jobs. The judgment would have been different if they had a normal off-season, and the performance looked like it did. When Watson was suspended for 11 games, most realistic fans didn’t think we were just going to see an all pro quarterback out there and the Browns in the playoffs. This off-season, everyone has had plenty of time to come up with what the office should look like, and Watson needs to come to camp ready to play like his contract.

22 minutes ago, JDD said:

And if DW gets the team to the AFCCG but loses I’m sure the question will be if he is worth it. 

I do agree though that this schedule is about as Brady in his prime it will get for the Browns. This division is very good and if Kenny Pickett figured it out we won’t have an “easy” game in this division for years (easy like our team was for Balt and Pitt, give them a hard close game but lose all the time)

Seems like when you have a dynasty the rest of the division takes a back seat. I doubt we will see that so it’s always going to be tough coming out of the AFCN. 

I think people would be reasonable if Watson and the Browns became legitimate contenders regardless if they finish the job or not. Nobody is condemning what the Bengals did last season. People know what a legitimate contender looks like. The Chiefs got it done in the AFC, but Bills and Bengals fans know what they have, although they need to push it to the next level. We are trying to get to that level, and as far as roster goes at least on offense, we are without excuse. 

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yes, they absolutely did. It was a disaster, and they kept their jobs. The judgment would have been different if they had a normal off-season, and the performance looked like it did. When Watson was suspended for 11 games, most realistic fans didn’t think we were just going to see an all pro quarterback out there and the Browns in the playoffs. This off-season, everyone has had plenty of time to come up with what the office should look like, and Watson needs to come to camp ready to play like his contract.

If the definition of slack was they weren’t fired, yes.  But many, MANY, fans expected to see 2019-2020 Watson fresh out of the gate and had no patience/cut no slack when offering their opinions of him to Stefanski and how he used him.

I’m not saying they should have been above criticism, they shouldn’t, but I don’t recall any real patience, understanding, or long term view by a majority of the fanbase (as per usual tbh, there’s not a problem that this fanbase doesn’t think is easily solved with firing someone).

• Like 1