2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

Of course, but what if they are similarly ranked? Or do you go by need?

That insight to the Bears' draftroom was interesting to me because Sadowski said we rank our players by position. By position? That means there certainly is a semblance of 'need' that comes into taking the drafting of a player.

I assume they are ranked by position and into tiers.  You don't select a player from a lower tier to fill a need, but if you have 6 players in the same tier you would select the player in that tier that fills a need position.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

Of course, but what if they are similarly ranked? Or do you go by need?

That insight to the Bears' draftroom was interesting to me because Sadowski said we rank our players by position. By position? That means there certainly is a semblance of 'need' that comes into taking the drafting of a player.

I think need plays into it at every pick.

I think that there is value in not picking through what is left of the top talent. It would have to be a strong offer for me to let 4 other teams pick through the sandwich tray before I get a chance. I want the egg salad or chicken salad, I am not as thrilled if I get the ham.

1 hour ago, Mudderfudder77 said:

I assume they are ranked by position and into tiers.  You don't select a player from a lower tier to fill a need, but if you have 6 players in the same tier you would select the player in that tier that fills a need position.

I'm going off his exact wording, they rank them by position. It's like saying suppose Sam Darnold is there at 8 and he's the highest ranked player on our board, there's no way in hell Pace drafts him. Need plays a role I would imagine.

Edited by G08

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

FML, just realized my son has his 2nd baseball tryout from 530 to 730.

As a coach, am I obligated to go???

No

56 minutes ago, BearsDen1-99 said:

I think Indy is drafting Q. Nelson  unless trade up but i think Bears grab Denzel Ward. lol, I don't know..a lot of options.

“lol idk” just about sums up my thoughts. I’m done guessing. Whoever it is, I’ll cheer like hell for him

Bear down.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

FML, just realized my son has his 2nd baseball tryout from 530 to 730.

As a coach, am I obligated to go???

I think that if it is hot you go hard from 5:30-6:45 and then end early so no one gets dehydrated or sun stroke.

If it is cold you do the same thing, only you do not want them to get sick or pull something.

If it is mild out you play some sort of game that they can easily win to end practice early. Like 5 consecutive pop ups caught and no running at the end.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think that if it is hot you go hard from 5:30-6:45 and then end early so no one gets dehydrated or sun stroke.

If it is cold you do the same thing, only you do not want them to get sick or pull something.

If it is mild out you play some sort of game that they can easily win to end practice early. Like 5 consecutive pop ups caught and no running at the end.

Or text someone now and lay the seed “I think I’m getting the flu” so this way at 6:30, when we’re T-minus 30 minutes to the draft, say it’s bad and you have to leave

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

See it is the 2nd of 3 "tryout" deals where all the kids are together, and then the coaches have them do drills so we can draft them. So I can't even dictate that.

IDC who does well or not, my son didn't want to move up an age group since I couldn't have coached him, so he just is going to put a list of kids that are his buddies in order and I'm drafting them down the list.

He is officially my 2nd favorite son.

I also only have one son.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

See it is the 2nd of 3 "tryout" deals where all the kids are together, and then the coaches have them do drills so we can draft them. So I can't even dictate that.

IDC who does well or not, my son didn't want to move up an age group since I couldn't have coached him, so he just is going to put a list of kids that are his buddies in order and I'm drafting them down the list.

He is officially my 2nd favorite son.

I also only have one son.

Tell the other coaches that we need to end at 7:30.

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Give me the better top end talent and downgrade the secondary talent.

Chubb is going to be awesome. Davenport we may be bitching about by the end of next year.

Windy it could easily be the reverse too.  Polian said that Davenport is a top 4 pick in any other draft.  Certainly you can acknowledge that Davenport is more likely to be the special player, while Chubb is more likely to be the good player.  

7 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Windy it could easily be the reverse too.  Polian said that Davenport is a top 4 pick in any other draft.  Certainly you can acknowledge that Davenport is more likely to be the special player, while Chubb is more likely to be the good player.  

Polian is not a reliable evaluator to listen to, at least not anymore. 

8 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yeah, it's kind of the Yoan Moncada argument. There's going to be people who demand greatness now, and then there will be (smart) people who realize that he's still extremely raw and needs time. The sooner people realize Davenport is a 2-3 year project, the better off they'll be in terms of tempering expectations.